Chapter 2

Match My Heart With Yours

“He says don’t be late. When he’s the one who’s late!” Baekhyun was fidgeting on his seat in his rental suit with Sehun seated beside him in normal clothes but still managing to look like a supermodel.

“Calm down hyung! Try this bread, the waiter said it’s free. Not sure if it’s normally free or he was flirting with me. But it’s really nice.” Sehun wolfed down three more slices of bread, dipping it in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. “God, this is so nice.”

“There he is!” Baekhyun said not paying attention to what Sehun just said. He looked at his friend and saw him still eating. “Stop that. He’s coming.”

“But it’s so good.”

“I’m taking a week off my cleaning promise if you don’t stop and sit still.” Sehun frowned and finished the last slice and sat straight slapping on his model, mysterious mode.

“Hi, sorry I was late.” Chanyeol started to sit down until he noticed the beautiful male beside Baekhyun.  He’s probably the most beautiful person he had ever met. He can’t believe the guy in front of him was from Baekhyun and not from Luhan.

“It’s ok.” Sehun demurely said. Baekhyun wanted to snicker but tried to maintain his cool façade. “I’m Oh Sehun. Baekhyun has told me a lot about you. You are a professional basketball player?”

Chanyeol had his brightest smile on and shook Sehun’s hands. “Park Chanyeol. And yes, I’m a professional basketball player. I also have a construction company. We do condominiums and houses for those who can afford.”

“Wow, that’s impressive.” Sehun looked really convincing in engaging himself with his conversation with Chanyeol.

They had chatted and laughed for thirty minutes until Baekhyun told him his time was up. Sehun smiled and excused himself.

“Byun! What? What time?” Baekhyun rummaged in his bag for the contract.

“Ok, now, here’s the contract. I guarantee one date per week.” He was skimming along the contract and pointing at important words on the paper for Chanyeol to see.

“I am not paying you 500,000 won. I am already paying Luhan a humungous amount of money.”

“Well, he doesn’t have Oh Sehun does he?”

The shortie had a point.

“Fine.” Chanyeol took the pen from a grinning Baekhyun and signed the contract. “Now, I want another date with Sehun.”

“No, he’s not interested.” Baekhyun took out his phone and read out a nonexistent message from Sehun. “Please tell him I’m sorry.  He’s a nice guy but I’m not interested. Awww, he said you’re nice.” Baekhyun looked at a shocked Chanyeol.

“First time I wanted another date and he’s not interested?”

“Must be your perfume. It’s too strong.”

“What?” Chanyeol smelled himself. “It’s not! This is expensive perfume.”

“It is. What is that? D&G? Ugh, it smells awful.” Baekhyun scrunched his nose and fanned his face.

“It does not.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “Whatever. Give me Sehun’s number, I’m sure I can convince him to change his mind.”

“He will not. Stop pushing yourself on other people!” Baekhyun put his phone closer to his chest and away from Chanyeol’s grasp.

“Stop it! This is bullying! Ahhh! Ahhh!” Chanyeol was still trying to get the phone from Baekhyun and Baekhyun was just squirming away from him.

“Everybody’s looking! Now, behave.” Baekhyun put his phone in his bag and took out his organizer.

Chanyeol did not consider this as a defeat. He will get Oh Sehun’s number!

“Ok when should we schedule our next meeting?” Baekhyun took out his pen and bit the ends of it while contemplating the schedule of his life. He looked at his clean as new organizer while thinking wow his life is so meaningful.

“What meeting? Let me see your phone.”

“You. Are. Not. Getting. His. Number.” Baekhyun looked at him pointedly. “Meeting so we would know what you like, what kind of guy you need.”

“We don’t need to meet, Oh Sehun is what I need, smart and handsome. What else? Oh yeah that’s it.” Chanyeol signalled the waiter for the menu.

“I’m ordering, what are you having?”

“Wow, I get to be employed by you and fed at the same time.” Baekhyun fluttered his eyelashes at Chanyeol.

“No, buy for yourself. I was only being corteous by asking.”

“Ugh rude! Anyway I want carbonara, if you could be more corteous as to order for me that would be great.”

“Yes, your majesty.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and suddenly had a brilliant thought.

“I should just ask you what you want here, now.”  

“I want seafood puttanesca with coffee.” Chanyeol mumbled without looking up from his menu.

“Ha ha funny. But really, I mean smart and handsome yeah, I got that down but you know, are you ok with short guys? Must he be tall? Hmmm how about his built? What if he’s handsome but got a belly or he’s a weirdo. You know some people are smart but weirdos. Are you ok with that?” Baekhyun placed his hands on his chin and looked at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol sighed, this Is definitely not how he pictured this “date night” was going to be.

“Fine, I order first cause my stomach is growling then I answer your ridiculous questions.” Chanyeol pointed to the waiter their orders and put down the menu to look at Baekhyun, who was busy looking at the menu for desserts. If he wasn’t such a snappy, sassy little , he would probably say he’s pretty and would ask him out…wait what?

Chanyeol’s eyes widened at his thoughts. No, no, he doesn’t like his matchmaker. Nope.

“Are you ok? You look like you’ve seen a ghost. Or is constipated, I don’t know since your face is doing some weird thing.” Baekhyun stared at him.

“Uhm, nothing. I just remembered a proposal I left in the office that needs to be signed by tomorrow.”

“Workaholic. I hope you don’t think of work while on dates.”

“Speaking of dates, I want someone tall, like Sehun. No shorties like you.”

“I’m not a shortie!”

“Next, if you let me date some weirdo I’m going to fire you.” Baekhyun laughs at him.

“He has to have a nice body. A plus if he works out.” Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun while saying that and Baekhyun felt his small, thin body cower over the other’s gaze.

“And lastly, he has to know that my business and my profession comes first. He has to not take into offense that I like what I do and I work hard for it and that it will come between our relationship. He has to be ok with that and welcome me home with cooked dinner and smile at me and massage my back after a hard day’s work.”

“Wow, you’re basically describing a robot. A good quality robot. Are you sure you’re looking for a husband? Because I can just order a robot or a maid to do all those stuff. Well, we can get a good looking maid I guess.”

“You do know that someone smart and handsome and is not a weirdo will probably be a professional as well. He probably has work too and how do you expect someone like that to just be your slave. He has a mind of his own.”

Chanyeol hasn’t thought of that. The shortie has a point but he’s not going to tell him that.

“Well I have money, he can not work.”
“Are you sure it’s not a maid you’re looking for?” Chanyeol glared at Baekhyun.

Their food came a moment later. They dug in and was totally engrossed with their food. Chanyeol hasn’t seen anyone eat like it was their first and last meal of the day.

“This is good. This is really good. It’s like heaven in a plate.” Baekhyun closed his eyes and groaned. Chanyeol unconsciously smiled at the other’s face. “I’ll make sure to give your compliments to the chef.”

“You know the chef? Oh god let me at him!” Baekhyun mumbled over his chewing.

Chanyeol wiped his own lips after seeing Baekhyun eat. It’s refreshing to see someone appreciate the food his mother makes like this.

“Yes, and no I’m not letting you at him. And it’s a her.” Chanyeol reached for Baekhyun’s napkin and gave it to the boy so he could wipe his face.

“Oh thanks!” Baekhyun said while wiping his face. “Anyway, tell her she’s an angel and she should marry me.” Chanyeol choked on the coffee he was drinking.

“She’s married.”

“It was not meant to be taken seriously, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun looked pointedly at him.

 

A woman in her early forties came out of the kitchen and saw Chanyeol laughing with a pretty guy beside him. She smiled at them and took off her apron before approaching the two. They look cute together.

“Hi.” She leaned down to kiss Chanyeol on the cheek. “Did you like the food?” She inquired particularly at the pretty guy beside her son.

“Are you the chef? Oh my god! You’re pretty and you’re a great cook. Are you an angel?” Baekhyun smiled up at her. Her son chose well.

“Yes I am the chef. And thanks for the compliments.” She looks down at Chanyeol. “Chanyeol, you haven’t introduced your boyfriend yet.”

“What? No no! Ma, he’s not my boyfriend. He’s my matchmaker.” Chanyeol flailed around denying their relationship.

“Ma? She’s your mom? How is she nice and you’re not.” Baekhyun whispered so only Chanyeol can hear and he glared at him showing he heard what he said.

“Hi, I’m Baekhyun, the matchmaker. Nice to meet you Chef Park! I’ll surely come back. Your food is the best” He held out his hand for her to shake which she took with a smile.

“Such a good boy and a pretty face too!” Mrs Park cooed at Baekhyun and Baekhyun smiled up at her.

“Ok, I’ll go back to the kitchen. Enjoy the rest of the night, Baekhyun!” She leaned down to kiss Chanyeol again and also leaned down to kiss Baekhyun which took him by surprise.

“She likes you.” Chanyeol said after his mother left.

“Yeah, I like her too.” Chanyeol was annoyed. Her mother does not like the guys who came with him to the restaurant before. Not that Baekhyun wasn’t likeable, but still his mother should be like that to all the men who comes with him.

“Well, whatever. Anyway, I have to go, schedule the next date next Friday. I have to go out of town this weekend and will only be back on Thursday.” Chanyeol stood up and went out of the restaurant.

“Ok your highness.” Baekhyun noted down. He has a week to look for guys who is willing to go on a date. It wouldn’t take much convincing for them to go out with a successful and gorgeous guy like Chanyeol but still, he wants to pick really good ones. The company’s success is dependent on Chanyeol and so is his house.


The mother thing was spontaneous haha

all the chansoo has me going crazy...argh watch me burn them hahaha 

anyway, comments are greatly appreciated and most welcome!