Prologue

Titanium-The Unbroken One

I am 17 years old, although I have a mind and intelligence of an adult…anyways, let me explain something real quick, I have multiple identities, which means that I am not the same person at different places or at different times, I can’t be the same or so called “true” person of who I am as Jessica Jung, and I was trained all my life of how to lie, how to hide the truth,  so umm…I’m kind of a master at that^.^!

I live in L.A. right now as Scarlett Smith, the daughter of an “accountant” and a “teacher.” I go to the high school down town as a freshman, and today is my first day. Normal teenage girls would be scared, or eager to find a hot senior boyfriend, that is not me. I was not scared or excited, for me this is just simply another mission.

*FLASHBACK* Since I was little me and my parents are not together most of the times because of their jobs, so I developed a strong sense of independency, I was basically alone, at first it was weird but as years passed, I got used to the feeling of being by myself and actually kind of enjoyed it now. Excitement? It’s not that I can’t feel it, it’s just that I have seen so much already, there isn’t anything “new” for me, at least I don’t think.*FLASHBACK ENDS*

As I walked down the main hallway of the high school, I hear girls whispering gossip to their friends by their lockers, senior boys talking about new students and which hot girl they are going to next. “Great, I honestly hope I won’t have to stay here for very long.” I thought to myself.

“My first day went passed successfully. This is my 7th time going to a new school ever since elementary school, so this was nothing special.” Thought to myself.

When I got home, the doors were unlocked but I remember locking it this morning when I left for school. It can’t be anyone since I live by myself…

“Who could it be? Did someone break in here?” I slowly snatched my mini hand gun out of my backpack swiftly, “Someone is going down today.” I thought as a softly sneaked up the stairs where my bed room is located. But right then, I heard a familiar female voice talking to another familiar male voice from my bedroom, its mom and dad!

I ran in to my bedroom and tightly hugged both of them with sweet smiles. It’s not weird, it’s just that I haven’t seen them in about 5 month.

“My angel! Awe, I missed you so much.” Mom said warmly.

“Yeah, honey. Were you okay when we were gone? Did anything happen?” Dad asked while petting my small hand compared to his.

“Everything was fine, I missed you two as well!” I replied while walking them to the living room.

“Baby, we need to talk. Sit down please.” Mom said while she sat right next to me.

“Is it another mission?” I asked curiously, hoping the answer is yes because I love missions, they make me feel important.

“Yes, National Counterterrorism Force needs you to go to South Korea’s capital Seoul to watch an important person. She is the secret stepdaughter of our newest target. You need to go to her school and keep an eye on her, and tell us what she does. She is not dangerous, but she is in danger.” Dad explained calmly, “Her details are all here.” He said as he handed me a large envelope that has bold red letters printed on top that says CLASSIFIED.

“I will do my best.” I replied firm and strongly. “Are you guys coming with me?”

“No, we have to go back to New York tonight.” Dad rolled his eyes.

“Honey, when you go to Seoul, you are going to meet a lot of people that looks just like you and understand you, but you must keep your distant with everyone, no one can be trusted. Hiding your new identity and watching your target is the top priority.”

“I understand mom, by the way, what is going to be my new identity?” I wonder if I get a pretty Korean name…

“Your new name is going to be Jung Sooyeon, and you need to dye your hair back to brown.”

“Your new information will also be in the envelope that I gave you.”

I nodded, while mom and dad started to put on their coats and getting ready to leave. I waved goodbye to them, and prepared to be alone for a while again.

I toke out what was in the envelope and started reading them.

“So I’m going to be the guardian angel of Tiffany Hwang.”

“She is born in America too…she has a nice eye smile…who would want to kill her?” I think we are going to best friends, since we have a lot in common apparently.

I wondered off to dream land with a high hope of completing this mission…