The Conversation

Life and Death

Baekhyun eagerly sat at the bottom of a tree. He smiled at the animals that passed him by. He was proud about his work. He has given life to the creatures that roams the Earth. He felt needed and he really liked that. Theere was a drawback though. People love him for he is Life but... they hate the only deity that understood him, Death. Chanyeol was his best friend, albeit they're a bit different,

He was the giver of Life, the greatest blessing a human could ever receive. Chanyeol was Death, the thing most human feared. He felt bad for his best friend, his other half, his other self. Chanyeol didn't get much love that he deserve. That feeling led Baekhyun to have a 'Talk' with Chanyeol.

"Hello Baekhyun. Happy as ever are you?" A deep voice ask and Baekhyun smiled before giving Chanyeol a hug. The hug was returned and they sat down.

"So.. why did you call me here again?" Baekhyun took a deep breath and asked the question that bugged him for centuries.

"Chanyeol, why do people love me but hate you?" There was silence and Baekhyun look at Chanyeol. The latter was staring to space.

"Because you are a beautiful lie" Chanyeol responded as he gently tried to cradle a bird but the bird immediately died to his touch,"And I am a painful truth." Chanyeol smile sadly as he placed the dead bird at Baekhyun's hands. The bird was brought back to life the moment it touched Baekhyun.

"It's unfair though... they don't know you!" Baekhyun glared at the bird at his hands but Chanyeol squeezed his shoulder, relaxing him.

"No one can understand me. They die if they come near me."

"But-" Baekhyun was cut off by Chanyeol.

"Shhh.. It doesn't matter if they hate me or not. The only thing I need is you. The only thing I need is your acceptance." Baekhyun's eyes started to get wet and he hugged Chanyeol to hide his tears.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry... " Chanyeol lovingly ran his hands through Baekhyun's hair as he looked at the world below them.

"It's okay. You are Life and I am Death. We are opposite but we are also one. Just remember that wherever you go... I'll always follow you. Even if it means that the whole world will hate my existance, then so be it. You are my best friend, my other half. I am not complete without you." Baekhyun looked up and smile. He was more proud at the person infront of him than all his creation.

"Yes... we are one."


Just a short one shot. It's inspired by this Tumblr post

http://lolsotrue.tumblr.com/post/85411534076