Pre Prom Frustration

Can I Have This Dance?

 

"Do you really not know who's asking you to prom?" Baekhyun asked Sarang. "Uh. Well. I have an idea who. But i don't really want to go with him. Sure, we hang out in the same group of friends but he's so awkward, and honestly, he creeps me out a little." 

Sarang answered him while eating dinner with a group of classmates after a long day of working on a project together. 

"Wait... I thought you wanted to go with Chanyeol?" Sarang's friend, Eunji, questioned her. "Well. It was out of pity though. I knew he liked me for a pretty long time and I figured nobody would ask me to prom anyways so might as well make others happy you know? But, he's been acting really weird recently and making me uncomfortable and I thought that, i would rather go solo than have an uncomfortable night with Chanyeol." 

"Yeah... he is a bit... odd. I support you though Sarang. You deserve a prom thats really fun, unlike last year." Eunji patted her back. "Thanks bestie." 

"Who are you asking Baekhyun?" Eunji asked out of curiosity. "Huh?" he surprisingly looked up from his bowl of food. "Uhhh. Well.. I haven't really thought of it." He stuttered. "Hm. I see." Eunji brushed it off and continued to eat. Sarang looked up from her food and looked at Baekhyun. 

*I wish someone chill like Baekhyun would ask me... *

 

------------------------

 

The next day at school. 

"Oh my god. Sarang. Chanyeol's planning to ask you tomorrow! What are you going to do?" Eunji came running up to you. "Yeah. I know." Sarang responded to her half annoyed. "Wait... how'd you know?" 

"My whole class knew and asked me about it." Sarang heaved a big sigh. "Eunji... I really don't want to go with him." She whined. 

"Aww.. Sarang-ah. DON"T WORRY! I'll convince him to not go with you! I don't want you to suffer your last prom night! And plus... i have a little secret for you." Eunji whispered in her ear. She pulled Sarang to the side where there were less students around. 

"Baekhyun was planning to ask you to prom." Eunji squealed after revealing the secret. "No way! Why doesn't he ask me then?" 

"He doesn't want to break the bro code Sarang-ah. Apparently Chanyeol told Baekhyun that he was planning to ask you and Baekhyun didn't want to ruin their friendship so decided to give up on you. He doesn't want to be the bad guy." Eunji explained. 

"Oh... i see. I would want to go with Baekhyun honestly." Sarang whispered her inner thoughts out. "Well. Anyways! I'll try my best to stop Chanyeol! Don't worry Sarang-ah! I'll let you know as soon as possible!"