Final

Little moments like these

It was only the start of summer and it was already starting to take quite a toll on Joonmyun. And he could tell that it was on Kyungsoo too. But neither of them was comfortable wearing t-shirts and shorts when it came to business and sadly, they were always working. If it wasn’t handling marketing for their restaurant (soon to be two), or the finances, it was dealing with the restaurant itself. Not to mention the monthly trips to different parts of the world to get inspiration for ‘new products.’

It’s been ages since Joonmyun and Kyungsoo had a vacation, much less a moment to be just that: Kyungsoo and Joonmyun.

But it wasn’t all too bad, he supposes. They get to be together while they do these things because the two of them started their restaurant together. Kyungsoo was the talent for cooking and Joonmyun was the funds and the brains to keep it all running.

And right now, that’s what they were doing. They were on their way to Paris to order some ingredients that South Korea didn’t have. They could have ordered it online, of course, but who’d pass up the chance to travel to Paris? 

“Travel diary two-hundred,” Joonmyun begins after he presses record on his video camera. He looks over at Kyungsoo who is talking with another chef of theirs via video chat. His brow was furrowed and he looked frustrated. “Babe, do you want to say anything for our two-hundredth travel diary?”

“How in the hell do you burn milk,” Kyungsoo asks the chef calmly, though you can tell that he is anything but calm. He rubbed at his temples and sighed. “It’s a simple cheese sauce, Chef Park. Did you do everything according to the recipe?”

Joonmyun sighs. “Babe?”

“What?” Kyungsoo snaps and looks in Joonmyun’s direction. He eyes the camera and his face fills with regret when Joonmyun frowns. “I’m sorry, hyung… I didn’t mean to- I’m sorry.”

Joonmyun grabs Kyungsoo’s phone and looks down at the screen. “Chef Park, start the cheese sauce over from step one and it should turn out nicely.” And with that, Joonmyun ends the video call and hands the phone back to Kyungsoo. “See, it was that simple. Now can we please film our two-hundredth travel diary?”

Kyungsoo nods and Joonmyun melts because just a simple action has him head over heels and he can’t help but want to boast to the world that Do Kyungsoo was Kim Joonmyun’s. So he faces the camera at himself briefly and whispers, “This is the face that I love so much,” before pointing it back at Kyungsoo. “So this is the two-hundredth travel diary that we’ve made since we’ve gone into business together. Is there anything special that you want to say?”

Nodding his head again, Kyungsoo runs his tongue over his lips to wet them. “To the future me, who is probably watching this from your favorite spot on the couch while this guy,” he gestures to Joonmyun who raises an eyebrow, “rants on about how the children of today never appreciate good music and always listen to the most distasteful stuff: you should have said no.”

The ‘no’ in which Kyungsoo was referring to was the day that he asked Kyungsoo out on a date and made him fall madly in love in just one night. 

Clicking his tongue, he faces the camera back on himself and shakes his head. “Don’t listen to your past self. You would have said yes one thousand times over if you could.”

Kyungsoo leaned closer to Joonmyun and rested his head on the other’s shoulder with hair tickling at his neck. “He’s right, though. The best thing to happen in your life was Kim Joonmyun and don’t let anyone tell you different.”

This made Joonmyun melt even more and he was beginning to feel like he’d become a puddle if Kyungsoo said anything else remotely close to flattering. So he smiles and rests his own head on Kyungsoo’s, taking the younger’s hand in his own. “You know, if our relationship lasts that long,” Joonmyun starts and earns a soft smack to his thigh from Kyungsoo, “I’m just saying if, babe.” He sighed and entwined their fingers together. “If we last this long, you, our future selves, should remind our adoptive children and have them remind their children that even if you are the most busiest people in the world and don’t have time to spend weeks on a vacation with your spouse, girlfriend or boyfriend- to always spend what little time you do have together. Even if it’s five minutes or thirty seconds, always spend it together.”

“It’s because,” Kyungsoo continues with the smile that Joonmyun loves so much, “the little moments like these that are what matter most.”

“That brief moment in the kitchen when you have them in your arms-”

“That small moment spent kissing them and telling them that you love them before you are gone for the rest of the day-”

“Those moments,” Joonmyun finishes, “are what keeps your love burning, keeps it strong and everlasting. Just knowing that the person you love most will spare those five minutes with you instead of on something that they could be doing work wise… It’s just something that you never want to lose.”

Kyungsoo lifts his head to look at Joonmyun and Joonmyun turns his head to look at Kyungsoo. The love they both feel for each other just spills from the both of them and lies thick within their eyes. 

And saying together, “It’s the little moments like these,” their lips meet and Joonmyun stops recording and closes the camera, ending the diary on that note.


Author's note:

Screams into the sun. 

I just love Susoo so damn much.

I can't take this fic anymore and I wrote it.

It's so sappy and cute and I just can't take it.

Anyway, thanks for reading and subbing. I hope I didn't disappoint. ♥