00

Fan

I know I can't have you
But you're always in my head
Even though I can't touch you
It's just wishful thinking
I can't say it, Watching from far away
You know I do, I love you
Even though you don't know who I am

 

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

That got me thinking, I asked him that. He said he wants to be up there where the stars are... Where everyone would be looking up at him.

I told him, if in case he wasn't able to fulfill that dream... I'd be glad to do it for him.

****

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"

That got me thinking, when she asked me that I wasn't really prepared with an answer.

"I want to be up there, where the stars are... so everyone would be looking up at me..."

And she said... "If in case you weren't able to fulfill that, I'd gladly do it for you..."

Does she think it's some sort of sacrifice?
 
Oh so beautiful
Grasping the photo I took of you in my hand
My love for you is buried under the world's love for you
You're not listening I will never be allowed to...
In the next life we would live separate lives
 
I wasn't really expecting any of this... I'm thinking maybe it was my destiny to do this...

"Lee Hye Rin-ssi, look here please..."

"Lee Hye Rin-ssi, can you give a comment about your new project with famous singer turned actor Nam Woo Hyun-ssi?"

Camera flashes, reporters wanting to talk to me, questions about everything I do... I said I'd fulfill my wish for you... But I think, maybe I want this too...

****

Seeing you there, surrounded by reporters, covered by flashing lights, being fawned over by people who barely know you...

"Ya! Kim Myeong-Soo! Are you just gonna stand there and do nothing, we still have a lot of guest to serve... you can ask for her autograph later..."

Crumpling the photo I have in my hand... Do all those people know you like I do?
 
You're in my head
If I can't touch you
It's just wishful thinking
I can't say it
Watching from far away
You know I do
I love you
Even if you don't know who I am
 
"We attend the same university, Woo Hyun-sunbae and I..."

"So you knew each other before... were you friends?"

Are we still friends? Why won't you look at me anymore...

"Lee Hye-Rin-ssi?"

"Oh, sorry... I was thinking how I should answer... "

It used to be easy for me to answer questions about my past, what school I came from, what my family was like, did I have many friends... who was my best-friend... WAS... I can't seem to shake the feeling that I should be disagreeing with them when they say WAS...

****

Were you affected? Their questions about friendship, how would you answer that? Is he your friend more than me? Would you be able to say that you have a friend from before? Would you be able to answer my question?

"Myung-Soo hyung! Noona's getting prettier and prettier... Nam Woo Hyun and her would be a really nice couple... a match made in heaven! I heard they were spotted in Myeongdeong... shopping together... Wow! Hyung! What's it like to know someone famous?

"Sung Jeong-ah... shut up... Hyung needs to rest..."

"Mianhae, Myung-Soo hyung... "

Are we still friends? Do you still remember me? So then, why won't you look at me anymore?
 
Today would be the first time we met
You say that to everybody you meet
I always talk to you with your back facing me
Even the familiar "hi" seems so awkward today
If we blocked everybody's ears
I'm hoping you would listen to only what I had to say
Seeing you walk away makes me go into a trance state.
Shake me from it
 
"Rinnie-ah! Wait! I need to talk to you!"

"Lee Hye Rin-ssi, we need to hurry or we'll be late for your photo shoot..."

"Rinnie-ah!!!"

"Lee Hye Rin-ssi..."

"Soo-ah... Annyeong..."

"Rinnie-ah... you remember my birthday, right... Sung Jongie wants you there... he told his friends that I'm friends with you..."

"Lee Hye Rin-ssi, we really need to go... Seoul traffic is terrible at this time... we'd be late if we don't hurry up... what would that do to your perfect record..."

I'm used to being man-handled... being dragged around locations, photo shoots... I know I could've asked them to let me speak to you for just a minute... a minute would have been sufficient... I would've said yes... I've never missed any of your birthdays haven't I? I know I have work that day... but I could give them an excuse,right?

"Myeong Soo-ah... Annyeong..."

****

"Rinnie-ah"

You like it when I call you that, right? You still remember that I'm the only one who calls you that, right?

"Soo-ah... Annyeong..."

We're friends, aren't we... You've said "Hi" to me a thousand times already... why does it sound unfamiliar coming from you...

Myeong Soo-ah... Annyeong..."

Was that you saying "Hi"... or should I consider that as a goodbye?
 
If you've fallen in crazy love
Boys and girls say 'Oh! Oh! Oh!'
If you've fallen in stupid love
Boys and girls say 'Oh! Oh! Oh!'
If you've fallen in helpless love
Boys and girls say 'Oh! Oh! Oh!'
If you've fallen in love like me
Boys and girls say 'Oh! Oh! Oh!'
Even if you don't know who I am
Rinnie-ah,

Annyeong!

You remember me telling you about my birthday? Where Sung Jong would be bringing his friends over, since he told them that we were friends and that we grew up together... don't worry nothing bad happened... none of his friends were able to attend... and you know how I'm used to having birthdays with just me and Sung Jong... and you... I'm not used to spending birthdays without you, you know that... It was tradition, right? We told each other we'll never break tradition...

I guess you were busy, you were also busy during that time I went to your company to invite you. The guards were looking at me funny... I wasn't able to prep up... I just came from my part-time job... I really wanted to see you, so I could invite you... I didn't even think about how I would look around people you work with... I know you won't mind... We weren't able to talk much, but I'm glad I was able to say "Hi!"

Do you remember when I told you that I want to be up there where the stars are... and you promise to fulfill it for me if I wasn't able to do it myself... Was that a sacrifice on your part... Are you still fulfilling that promise for me, or was it for yourself...

When we met that day... Was that you saying "Hi"... or should I consider that as a goodbye?

K.M.S

****

Soo-ah,

Annyeong!!

I'm sorry I wasn't able to talk with you that time... We were really in a hurry, my Manager's a bit in a panic since he heard we might get caught on traffic... I'm sorry I wasn't able to celebrate your birthday with you... I know it's a tradition and we never break traditions. I'll be there next time... I promise...

Do you remember when I told you I'd fulfill your dream for you? I'm slowly doing that right now... But to be honest part of me wants this... I'm glad I did this. Thank you for inspiring me to do this... I know I haven't been much of a friend lately... I'll make it up to you... I'll have free time next month... before we film my new TV Series... You've heard about that, right? I'm working with a sunbae from the University... He's a very nice sunbae... but I miss my friend Kim Myung Soo.... he's a better friend than any of those people... We're still friends Soo-ah... no matter what happens...

Next time we meet, I'll say "Annyeong!" wholeheartedly! That would be me saying "Hi!", so don't ever think it means goodbye.

L.H.R