The Cupid's Bow

One More Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Playlist - EXO "Thunder"

Sometimes hasty steps leave a mark somewhere in one’s path; or the shifting of gazes to glances as it come across ones lanes, to the accidental brushes of shoulders in an unforeseen event. That is what you used to think, but now, most of times it’s all just taking chances in a not-too-pleasant event.

And the airport’s unpleasant welcoming of you. You just hate them in general.

You tiptoe across the field flashing cameras hoarding in front of you. You’re not one for crowds especially in such an unfamiliar place, in an ungodly hour of the morning – to top it all, in such an uninviting chapter of your life. It’s always your sighing that keeps you going as you push through. You glance again atop all the heads swarming in to the same direction as yours. You heave a deep, deep, breath as you clutch the handle of your luggage with, “Excuse me, please let me pass through, I’m running late.”

But the crowd’s immense growing doesn’t stop and it presses you sideward to the pits of hell. Who the hell are they even waiting for? As you contemplate on whether running late or risking your life, you feel someone elbow you to the ground. There’s a sudden light that circles you and the crowd sweeps aside. You face first, of course. But through the course, no one bothers in helping you anyway and the flashes temporarily blind you. You internally curse when a girl shoves you away with her amusing professional camera and shove it to the person and guards approaching you as you look up from your embarrassment. A person fashionably clad, maybe a little too much for comfort. It’s all a haste by the time you crawl up on your own and you only see the side view of what seems a popular guy, or guys. It’s too late for you to give him piece of you. You snarl and kick your shoes, dusting off when the crowd finally sprints away and you can finally proceed to check-in.

“Such a cruel world, huh. People these days only climb onto you and when they think you’re already a to them, then they treat you the same.” You grasp onto the only hope that is your boarding pass. If it weren’t for the need to take a break from life, aka going back to your family’s cradle– you couldn’t have been starred in a low-budgeted film of fast-forward meeting of shame, aka crashing face to face onto the floor then limping through the boarding gate because of the earlier happenings.

Well, half limping. It’s almost the same.

The only good thing’s nobody actually cares.

Or so you thought.

When you hear a rather loud shuffling of steps and it’s fast approaching by your back, you run to save your life. Alright, well maybe that’s a bit too much but it’s your reflex. You immediately walk to the boarding area and present your boarding pass when a swift arm coiling by yours makes you lunge forward, and within a blink you’re already surrounded by what seems like the battalion of body guards earlier.

“Just walk.”

You do so as instructed without even glancing from where the voice comes from. This supposedly popular male, though, walks with his head hung low as you two waltz to the boarding place. “Alright, sir, I think they’re gone. We’ve lost them by the back entrance.”

The male, who’s face’s hidden beneath the depths of his cap, that you take note of, sighs. “Sir? Excuse me, who are you, and wait, why are you holding me?”

You figure he’s peering down through his fringe when his grip subtly loosens. You had to lunge a little to look at him but is pulled away by the shoulders. To which you eye the hands of the beholder who did such thing— anyway, you hissed a little. “Excuse me?”

“Just let her go. She’s a friend.” The taller male takes a seat, putting his fingers into a press onto his face.  Friend?

“Woah, hold up—“ but before you can even rebuttal he swiftly pulls you beside him, a finger over your lips. His pleading eyes finally dart over yours. “Just play as my friend today. I really need to get away from—“

Then the hoarding girls come into view again, leaving the male to have you in his han

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter