Finale: Part One

Baby Blues

"I think it's dying, Yeol." Baekhyun nods towards the furry animal in Chanyeol's hands as he passes by.

"No way, Baek. Kimbap's fine. Aren't you little fella?" Chanyeol coos at his ferret.
Kimbap makes a low whine and continues to flop over Chanyeol's lap dramatically.

"See? Take him outside, it's even hotter indoors than outdoors." Baekhyun rolls his eyes and points at the broken air conditioner above them.
Is that smoke coming out from the vent?

"Yeah, it's like an oven in here! If we don't go outside your ferret will roast hyung!" Kai grabs the little harness hanging beside the fireplace and tosses it towards Chanyeol.

"Was kinda breezy when we walked home. Was nice." Kyungsoo nods in agreement and gets up on his feet before helping Kai up.

"Alright, alright. Let's all go to the park." Chanyeol puts the harness over his pet, and Kimbap jumps up excitedly and treads towards the door in a happy waggly way.

"Told you Kimbap needed it. Come on Sehunie, we're going to the park!" Baekhyun smirks as he picks Sehun up from the playpen and puts his little sandals and hat on for him.

"Thehun no walk. Hyung carry me." Sehun kicks his sandals off and reaches his arms up.
Chanyeol chuckles while Baekhyun carries Sehun out annoyedly, and then locks the door behind him before clipping the lead to Kimbap's harness.
Chanyeol already feels the late afternoon breeze on his skin, and he wants to kick himself for not taking his brother's advice earlier.
He watches his twin bicker with the maknae while listening to Kyungsoo and Kai hum some song he doesn't recognize.
Kimbap waddles relatively calmly alongside Chanyeol himself, until she sees the grassy plains of the park.
The slack lead immediately becomes taunt as she tries to scamper onto the road to get to the other side.

"Kimbap! No!" When Chanyeol realizes what is happening, Kimbap is already on the very edge of the sidewalk.
Then to Chanyeol's relief, Kai races up to the ferret and picks her up, wrapping his hands around her torso tightly.
Chanyeol breaks into cold sweat while he hugs his brother with shakey arms.

"Thank you so much, Kai."

"Well done little Tarzan. If it wasn't for you Kimbap would have been roadkill!" Baekhyun giggles as he adjusts Sehunie in his arms.

"Thehun want roadkill."

"No Sehunie."

 

"Kyungsoo-yah! Come play!" Chanyeol shouts at Kyungsoo with what little breathe he has left while giggling.
The eleven year old quietly shakes his head under the shade, pulling his knees up to his chest.
Suit yourself.
Chanyeol shrugs and continues chasing the rest of his brothers with Kimbap tucked into his shirt, laughing maniacally.

"You can't catch me!" Kai throws his arms in the air as he speeds away from Chanyeol, screaming excitedly.

"Come on now Yeol, use those long legs!" Baekhyun sneers as he playfully shoves Chanyeol from behind and watches his twin stumble like new-born giraffe still learning to use its legs.

"I'll catch you! At least one of you..." Chanyeol growls, darting his eyes around to spot any easy targets among his brothers.
He then spots Sehun standing still a few meters away from him, back facing him.
Perfect!
Chanyeol cackles before dashing over to the maknae and poking his back.

"Aha! Gotcha!" Chanyeol spits, glaring at Sehun with wide eyes as he waits for the maknae to chase him.
He doesn't.
Sehun stands frozen in place.
Chanyeol about to check if his brother is okay, when he notices they have company.
The familiar face is shocked, stunned even, as the dark brown eyes avert from Sehun to Chanyeol.
No.
This can't be.
This is all my fault.
I never should have taken Kimbap and the guys out.
We never should have come to the park.
We never should have bumped into-

"Umma." Chanyeol wheezes.

 

 

Author's Note:

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

No it's the old school dramatic music, not DONT DROP DAT THUN THUN THUN

Brace yourselves. The finale is here!

 

 

Also, please imagine an Asian Miranda Kerr as the kids' mom

RAF: I have a crush on BTOB's manager oppa... He's so handsome @_@