01

The Stolen Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Echo - Every Single Day

 I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly

I'll do what it takes 'til I touch the sky

I'll make a wish

Take a chance

Make a change

And break away

Break Away~

 

Yoomi bowed 90 degrees to the audience as they started standing and clapping. They gave their loud and energetic cheers for her, for her wonderful performance. Yoomi smiled and bowed again to present her gratitude to them. "Kamsahamnida." She gave her one last smile and went off the stage graciously.

 

"You did great!" Her best friend congratulated her for doing a great performance. Yoomi never failed to impress people with her talent.

 

It was Yoomi's birthday today, she was an heiress to the Kang Corporation, it was her parent's business, and of course, being the only daughter, they will entrust their company to her.

 

Everyone wore casual clothes, and of course, Yoomi stood out. She wore a dark greenish-gray dress that held her tiny waist, it has sleeves enough to cover her shoulders, and she also wore an elegant black gloves with length up to her elbows. She curled her black, shiny, long hair. She partnered her outfit with black heels, not too tall for her to walk properly. She just put a thin layer of eyeliner on her eyes, a lip balm, and a thin layer of foundation, and VOILA!

 

She wore something simple, yet she stood out because of her facial features. She had round eyes with long lashes, she has a small nose and thin, pink lips, and her complexion is pale. She's the definition of "perfect".

 

"I'm so lucky to have a very talented daughter. Good thing I have a great voice, you got it from me." Yoomi's father . He was in his mid-40s but looks like a 27-year-old man.

 

Mr. Kang hung his hand around his daughter's shoulder and drew her closer to him. He was the most protective man Yoomi met. They were chattering with some business partners, of course Yoomi should be there. She's the heiress.

 

"Dad? Can I go with my friends there? I really don't understand what you are talking about." Yoomi whispered to her father.

 

His father just nodded in response and smiled at her, he knew Yoomi doesn't like it when they're talking about business matters.

 

Yoomi walked while looking at her feet, she's just too embarrassed to walk away with her soon to be business partners, although she was a 17-year-old girl, she has to learn about their business, but it's just that, she's not interested with it.

 

*I still want to enjoy my teenage life and don't think about business matters.* She thought to herself, until she realized she hit something someone.

 

"I'm sorry." They both said. Yoomi lifted her chin up to see who it was, but she failed to recognize the face.

 

"Are you ok?" The stranger who wears gorgeous casual clothes asked her.

 

"Yes, yes I'm fine, sorry, I was not looking in my way." Yoomi said shyly as she shifted her eyes to her feet.

 

"You have a very beautiful voice. I heard you a while ago, you caught my attention." The stranger quickly changed the topic.

 

Yoomi looked at him again. "Thank you...."

 

"Oh, I'm Taemin. Lee Taemin. Whatever, just call me Taemin." Taemin chuckled and reached out his hand gesturing for a hand shake.

 

"Thank you, Taemin." Yoomi said as they shook their hands. They were staring at each other's eyes while shaking hands, 10 seconds passed and they were still shaking their hands and looking at each other, but then, Yoomi came back to her senses. She took her hand back and smiled at him shyly.

 

"I have to now... oh, call me if you have time." Taemin brought out a calling card out of his polo's pocket near to his chest, and he handed it to Yoomi.

 

Yoomi just smiled and nodded in response.

 

"It's nice meeting you, Yoomi. Happy birthday!"

 

"Kamsahamnida. It's nice meeting you too."

 

__________________

 

Yoomi never believed in 'Love at first sight'. But then, people are right, to see is to believe, and the moment she saw Taemin, she started to believe at that. They said it takes 8.24 seconds before you can say that you fell in love at the first sight, and in that 10 seconds of their staring at each other, she felt it. She felt what love was.

 

She texted Taemin with the calling card he gave. It was the common exchange of texts, "Good morning.", "Good afternoon.", "Take Care.", "Bye.", "Good night.” But then they grew closer with just exchanging texts.

 

Texts turned to calls. "How are you?", "Did you eat well?", "What are you doing now?", "Good night, I'll call you tomorrow."

 

But there's this one night when everything changed. Everything changed because of that 3 words.

 

"Yoomi, I have something to tell you." Taemin said on the other line.

 

"What is it?"

 

"I love you."

 

Calls turned into meet ups. Of course, when you feel the same towards each other, there's a thing called "dating"

 

Yoomi loves Taemin so much, whenever Taemin needs help, she's always there for him, Taemin was her first love, and firsts are the best. Yoomi thinks Taemin feel the same way too. Taemin is always there for her whenever she's down, they were important to each other.

 

But then there's just one thing that Yoomi wants to hear from Taemin:

 

"Can you be my girlfriend?" He never said those words, she didn't mind it because she knows that Taemin loves her, that Taemin will never let her go.

 

Yoomi never had any experience of being a girlfriend, but then if you love someone, you'll just act sweetly to him/her naturally.

 

Taemin and Yoomi are sweet towards each other, and it just comes out naturally.

 

"Yoomi, what if I die? Will people cry if I die?" Taemin asked out of nowhere. They were walking along the sidewalk with chocolate shakes on their hands.

 

"Of course they will. Especially your mom, your dad, your siblings. They'll be in agony if you die."

 

"Of course my family will grieve about it, I mean, besides my family, will there be other people who'll cry if I die?"

 

Yoomi stopped walking and faced Taemin. He stopped too, and stared at her. Yoomi was looking straight to his eyes.

 

 "I will cry if you die." Yoomi looked down at her feet, she felt needles in her heart, imagining her life without Taemin is unbearable, what if it happens in reality?

 

 "Hey, don't be sad. I just love it when you say sweet things like that." Taemin held her chin and made her look at him. "I won't leave you. I PROMISE." He held her at her waist and brought her to his warm embrace. Yoomi didn't expect that, especially they are in a public place.

 

 "Taemin, everyone's eyeing us." Yoomi whispered.

 

 "Let them eye us. I don't care."

 

 Yoomi smiled silently, she wanted this, she wanted Taemin to tell the world that he's proud having her. Everything's so perfect now, but then she wished they were official, Taemin never asked her to be his girlfriend, though. But she trusts Taemin more than anyone now.

 

________________

 

"Taemin, are you mad at me? Please reply. I'm worried." Yoomi pressed the send button to Taemin's cellphone number. She waited for almost 2 hours but still she got no reply. *Today's Sunday, it means it's rest day, where are you, Taemin?* She rested her head on her desk and stared on her phone with the saddest eyes. She misses him now, she needs him now.

 

"Hello, this is Taemin. Please leave your message after the beep." Taemin said in his voicemail with gladness in his voice.

 

"Why aren't you picking up, Taemin? Is everything ok? It's been a while since we last talked. I miss you." Yoomi said and sent the voicemail.

 

After another hour of waiting, finally her phone vibrated and his name lit up on her screen. She quickly slid the answer button and put the phone beside her ear.

 

"Hello, Taemin?"

 

"Yoomi..."

 

"Is everything ok?"

 

"O-O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter