1

Missed You

He sighed. I miss her. Sanghoon sighed again as he gently got out of bed. Jonghwan watched from his bed as Sanghoon shuffled out of the room earlier than usual. He scratched his head. Was there something going on today?

Sanghoon washed up, got dressed, and quickly texted his manager that he was going out for a jog. There wasn't a response before he slipped on his shoes and took off. He needed to clear his mind. All he could think about was her. No one else but her. And it irritated him how much he missed her.

I'm the one who told her to follow her dreams. I told her that I would wait… but what if she didn’t wait for me?

He continued jogging until he reached the familiar park where he had first met her, sitting alone on the swings and he smiled fondly at the memory.

Sanghoon happened to be walking around the park on his own that day; admiring the lovely autumn leaves and the cool breeze as he strolled around. Until he stumbled across a young girl, probably a year or two his junior as she sang his songs acoustically with a guitar. Sanghoon was captivated by her voice, and somehow ended up walking towards her and joining the crowd of children that had formed around her.

After singing a couple of songs, she finally stopped, and upon looking up, caught eye contact with him. Her eyes widened in recognition as she recognized her favorite idol and she smiled brightly. Sanghoon will never forget that moment when she smiled at him. She was like an angel from heaven.

He watched as the crowd began to thin out and he smiled as they all complimented and praised her. He was proud of her. He didn't know her personally, but she was a Perfection. His fan. Sure he might not be her bias, but she was still a fan. And their fan nonetheless.

She stood up and brushed the dirt off her and looked up. The surprise in her eyes were evident as she made eye contact with Sanghoon once again. He extended a hand and helped her up and he softly said, "You were amazing."

She blushed, and his smile threatened to permanently stay there. A shy smile graced her lips and she said, "Thank you. Are you really...?"

Her voice lulled to from a whisper to nothing as though the wind had carried it away. Sanghoon nodded and gave a polite bow.

"'100%'s Sanghoon. Nice to meet you—"

"Sora. Ahn Sora," she quickly offered and bowed politely. Her timidness was obviously displayed as she saw politely took a subtle step back. Sanghoon smiled and he asked, "So... A 100% fan?"

Sora nodded and she softly responded, "Since debut." A bright smile bloomed on her face and she said, "I've always looked up to you guys. Your music has always inspired me to do better and to reach out for my dream."

At her simple and short compliment, a bright gummy smile appeared on Sanghoon's face and he softly chuckled. She blushed and he smiled even brighter.

"Thank you."

Although he has heard those similar words often during his time as a singer, he has never felt this touched before. He wasn't sure why, but something about Sora made him swell with pride.

Sora was about to speak again when the familiar melody of "Only U" began to play and the pink on her face turned a deep red. She frantically pulled out her phone, and looked up to apologize to Sanghoon; only to see a slight blush adorning his face.

They both froze and the phone was ignored. By the time they had come to their senses, the phone had already stopped ringing... Only for a different person. Sanghoon slightly jumped at the sound of his ringtone and he sheepishly smiled before answering it.

"Yah! Lee Sanghoon! Where did you go so early in the morning for?!" The slightly exasperated voice of his manager called out. Sanghoon gave a slightly embarrassed laugh and he apologized, "Sorry hyung. I went out for a jog and.. I ran into a fan."

There was silence before the laughter of s were heard and everything became incoherent. Sanghoon glanced over to Sora and he smiled apologetically before turning back to his hyungs.

"I'll be back in ten. See you then!"

He hung up and turned to her and apologized, "Sorry about that. I forgot that I had a schedule today."

Sora shook her head and smiled, "Ah. It's okay. I should be happy to have even met you Sanghoon-sshi."

"Same here."

There was a comfortable silence and he asked, "Do you sing here every weekend?"

Sora nodded and she gestured to the children and she said, "They always want me to sing and play music for them. So I always do my best for them."

"Cute."

At the simple praise, Sora's face flushed pink and she ducked her head, hiding her face behind her ears.

Sanghoon sighed as he walked around the familiar park. His hand reached out and brushed over the familiar bench he had began meeting her at every other week.

"Sanghoon oppa!" Sora called out softly. It was enough for him to hear and for him to not be noticed by others.

"Sorry was I late?" He asked breathlessly. He had overslept, and barely remembered after seeing her message from last night. It had been almost half a year since the two of them had met at the park and became friends. And today was the day he would ask.

Sora shook her head and she said, "Nope. I've only been here for a few minutes." She turned away for a moment before pulling out a thermos filled with warm tea. She poured out a cup and passed it over to him and he smiled.

"Thank you."

She smiled and said, "Your throat has been hurting so I thought.."

His smile widened and he gently squeezed her hand. Sora glanced up before they laced their fingers together. Sanghoon hid their hands in his pocket and she giggled softly. The blush on their faces were obvious, but could be disguised as if it was caused by the cold instead. They both began to laugh softly and Sanghoon lowered his scarf a bit more, in order to take a sip of the tea.

They sat there in comfortable silence until Sora initiated a bold step and gently rested her head on his shoulder. She felt him tense up momentarily until he relaxed again, and his arm naturally wrapped around her waist and she sighed contently.

"Sora."

She glanced up and he softly asked, "Can we make this official?"

Her eyes widened and she asked, "Are you sure?"

"Well.. we're clearly not just friends."

Both of them chuckled and she nodded and gave him a bright smile.

"Yes."

Sanghoon smiled fondly at the memory as he sat on the bench. His hand absent-mindedly swept over the cool wood and he smiled. He still remembered it. It's been almost two years and he still remembered.

I miss her so much... But what are the chances she'll come back?

Sanghoon sighed and he pulled out his phone, looking through the photos of the two of them together. He smiled at the pictures and he sighed. When was it that she left? Was it after he had messed up? Or was it because he had wanted her to fulfill her dream?

Either way. I still miss her. And there's no telling when she'll be back either.

Sanghoon sighed as he looked out at the park. His gaze swept over the park until he came across the familiar giant oak tree at the center of the park, and was surprised to see a small crowd.

He stood up, gravitating towards the crowd and a familiar voice floated over, carried by the wind and his speed increased.

Sanghoon would never mistaken that voice with anyone else. He broke into a sprint as he made his way towards the oak tree. Even if he didn’t want to, his feet naturally led him over there. It was practically embedded within him. He couldn’t leave even if he was told to.

He crossed the entire length of the park in no time and the crowd had already dispersed by then, leaving a lone girl standing at the oak tree, brushing off the dirt from her jeans and gently placing her guitar back into its case.

“Sora.”

His voice was hoarse, low, and gentle. Said girl looked up and she smiled brightly. That was all he needed for confirmation before he immediately wrapped his arms around her as they should have been. Everything felt so right with her being by his side and he sighed contently as he nuzzled his face into her hair, taking in the familiar scent. Her arms wrapped around his waist and he heard it. It was practically inaudible, but he heard it.

“I’m home.”

Sanghoon felt tears prick the back of his eyes as his hold on her tightened and her soft laughter was heard. He managed to detach himself from her as he held her at arm length. Her hand gently wiped the tears away and she asked, “Did you wait long?”

He shook his head and mumbled, “I’m so glad you’re back.”

She nodded and said, “I missed you.”

Sanghoon nodded and he pulled her close again, resting his forehead on hers and he mumbled, “I thought you wouldn’t come back.”

“I promised you I would, didn’t I?”

Her tone was playful and she laughed before cupping his cheeks and she softly whispered, “You haven’t changed at all.”

An angelic smile played out on his face and he chuckled and retorted, “You haven’t either.”

Sora smiled and she said, “Shall we go somewhere else to talk?”

Sanghoon nodded and his hand locked with hers as they headed off towards the familiar bench where everything had started, and where nothing will end. Along the way there, Sora casually swung their hands back and forth and asked, “So, anything I should know?”

Sanghoon glanced over and a big smile lit up his face and he laughed, “Yeah.”

Sora raised an eyebrow and he swept down, giving her a quick kiss.

“I’ve missed you.”

A/N: Hi guys! (: Sorry I haven't been updating my chaptered stories. It's AP season here in the States and I've been studying like the good girl I should be, so as of the moment, I'm suffering and I've had this little snipet of randomness (It's not related to Protection at all, I swear on it) bugging me ever since... ever since I don't even know, my brain is in a jumble because I'm trying to memorize so much. I hope that I will be able to get back to my chaptered stories soon! So please wait for me! >___< Thank you for all your support and love. <3