Flashbacks wanting to be forgotten

The Little Party.

A/N: Sorry for not fulfilling my promise. :( but here's a long chapter for you guys. So sorry. Forgive me? :< 
I worked on this for at least 3 days, I'll have it revised tomorrow I guess, but here's the chapter. 
The whole chapter is a flashback except for the last part. And the scenes keep on changing, that's beacuse it's a flashback but I'll have it back to normal on the next chapter. byebye. ^^



-- 

It was a Sunday afternoon at SM entertainments training room. Everyone was present and was more than ready to finally start training, including Taeyeon, Jessica, Tiffany, Seohyun, Yoona, Yuri, Sooyoung, Sunny, but somehow the other girl was missing, a girl named, Mina.

Jessica sat down on one of the chairs and gulped down a bottle of water to quench her thrist, “Guys, we can’t start without Mina. It’s the fifth time she’s late, and when she comes she usually hates everyone.” She said in between her drinking.

Sooyoung grabbed another sandwich, “We all have red days..?” she joked.

Yuri knocked on the shikshin’s head, “Haha, sooyoung. This is Mina we’re talking about. Everyone knows she’s doesn’t have the so-called stable family background.”

“Maybe her father bought himself a lady.” Taeyeon playfully said, which earned a punch from Jessica.

“Serious here.”

“Fine. Maybe she’s having troubles? Now is my answer tolerable?” Taeyeon said before leaving the group to get some snacks.

“Yes.”

As their conversation were going on, the door of the practice room bursted opened and Mina was found broken in tears as she hugged Tiffany who was closest to the door.

The others were shocked, seeing the state of their friend.

“Please hide me to a place where I can’t be found.” She said sob after sob, but despite her muffling her words can still be understood.

Tiffany signaled the girls to get the  out of the training room and into the restroom.

The girls did as what they understood and went to the restroom with Tiffany, who still had Mina’s arms around her, follow them.

All of them were now in settled, while everyone’s eyes were on mina who’s still crying in Tiffany’s chest while the latter planned to hug the crying girl.

“TOO MUCH CONTACT.” Jessica warned, and Tiffany discontinued her plan and just let the girl sob.

“Unnie, what happened? You could tell us.”

With the youngest speaking, Mina had no choice. She couldn’t possibly ignore their youngest.

Mina wanted to have a life with no regrets,

Mina wanted to be happy

Mina wanted to be safe.

But not everything we wanted we could get.

“My father’s… gone. And I’m… next.”

--

“You’re mom borrowed money from JJ corp., went to America, left you and your father hid himself, now, they threaten to kill you because they don’t have the money?”

“What a .”

“Yuri.” Taeyeon reprimanded.

Jessica faced mina, “So, now what you want to do is, hide you?” she asked

The girl aggressively nodded and said it was the only safe way possible.

“Isn’t it a bit dangerous? Being by yourself? You know that they’re powerful enough to shake the whole country just to find you right?”

“What choice do I even have?”

--

They reached the place. It’s not very far away from the SM building.

“This belongs to my aunt, she said no one would dare go here, it’s abandoned and she only had the key.” Sunny said leading the girls inside, “I think this is a bad idea.” She added while closing the door.

Yoona looked around, and she had been thinking about that lately, “Maybe there’s another way? Like, go to the cops, and report them?”

“I’m too young to be in Jail, yoona.” Mina said unpacking her things from her bag, while the others look around the place.

“I know, but who knows who would be lingering around this place.” Yoona suggested.

She was right. But mina was stubborn.

The girl had enough, she stood up and snapped at the girls “Do you all want me dead?!”

Maybe.

--

Tiffany POV

The argument kept on going, on and on, battling for pride. I got tired of hearing the same sayings over and over again. I was simply just sitting over the rocks on the back part of the house.

Mina was the type of girl in which mostly no one understands, her attitude was quite complex than anyone else’s. Not only was she complex but secretive too,

We’ve been friends since grade school, yet I know nothing about her.

We hang out, talk about non-sense things, leave, and that was it.

Did we know about where she came from or where was she born and such? No. What we all know is that she doesn’t have “a stable family background” as stated by the leader. It’s not like we didn’t question her, but every single time we ask, she avoids the question,

so why bother?

I was never fond of mina from the start.

She thinks I am, but I’m not.

Call me a , does it look like I care? 

Mina was the one who stole my position in the group, the attention that was supposedly mine when I was on top of the class, the chances I had to be in singing competitions, the one who steals everything I loved. And most importantly, she stole Jessica.

Jessica was her lover.

The oh-not-so-famous “Then fine, do whatever you want” was heard, and that was my cue to leave. I got up, grabbed my bag to catch up with the others, but then my eye caught the sight of a falling star,

‘ I hope mina would be out of my life for good. ‘
 

Be careful of what you wish for.

oops. Too late.

 

--

“Tiffany! Stephanie! Miyoung! Hurry up and open the door!”

I shuffled in my bed. I was expecting to finally get some rest after a week of training and there goes loud shouting right across my door. I grumbled as I slid in my slippers and groggily walked to the door, and the moment I pushed open the door, arms immediately wrapped around my neck pulling me into a hug.

 

 “Were debuting!” Taeyeon squealed.

 

--

All of the girls were excited, we couldn’t think of better news, we were finally debuting, after years of hard work, it would finally be paid off. I smiled at the though, I grabbed my bag, we were leaving in an hour, but I wanted to be go there now, the sooner the better,

Until Taeyeon went towards me and kissed me on the lips.

Yes, we were together.

But she was not who I wanted to be with.

I tried to retracted my lips from hers, but she pulled me closer and surely she was much stronger,

I slightly pushed her and said that the girls might catch us doing our little act, she said they wouldn’t and continued on torridly kissing me.

Yes, we were together.

And no one knew about it.

--

Taeyeon went a head first, as I followed her step. The girls were ready to face the ceo, for my state, I was quite not sure.

I fidgeted in my seat, somehow something felt missing.

“Yah Yoona, my mina is still out there in the forest!” Jessica whispered harshly to Yoona. As the younger was quite surprised, she faced Jessica.

Mina. Mina. Mina. That was all she ever talked about.

--

Jessica’s POV

“Well what are we going to do? Tell the driver that we’re going to stop by the forest because we hid her there?”

“What else are we supposed to do?”

Yoona knocked my head, “Hello? Jung? Are you in there?”

“Hopeless. She’s part of the group! It’s a meeting, Lee Soo Man would probably look for her.” I ranted.

“Chill. It’s just the meeting, it’s not like we’re already preparing for an album. We’ll just say, sorry but mina had an important meeting to go to. That’s it.”

--

“It’s quite saddening to hear that Mina, will not be here for the meeting, but please send my regards.”

“Will do, Mr. Lee.”

“Okay then. Let’s get into business shall we? I know you girls have heard about a group debuting. And you’ve also heard that you girls would be picked. However, that was before our financing manager had told us some news that will affect the plan of debuting your group.”

“So, what is this news? The financial state of the company has dropped by 50% causing the company to be on slightly less fortune than we have before. My point is, we are still not sure whether to debut the group or not. Having 10 girls will be hard for us. But having 9 girls wouldn’t. It’s either, we take one out, or we don’t let you girls debut at all. “

“9? But were 10, aren’t we?”
 

“Yes, I think you missed the point Kim Taeyeon. I’ll just make it straight to the point, and ask all of you.”

 

“Who would want to step down from the group to let the others debut?”

 

That was the question that they were avoiding of. Who in the right mind would step down? They were so close to being an idol, it was already wrapped around their finger, and now it was slipping right off. They know no one would step down, even the youngest among them refused too. Each of them…
 

Were desperate.

 

“Mina would like to step down, We talked about the idea of debuting yesterday, and she said she would like to quit in training, and give up the life of an idol for it was too hard for her.” 
“That’s too bad, sooyoung-ssi. I guess you girls are debuting then. See you all tomorrow and I hope for your cooperation.”

Selfishness ruled over a certain brunette.

Selfishness made someone a liar.

--

“Sooyoung! What the hell where you thinking?! Do you know what you just did?! How about mina? What will happen to her? How about her dreams? How about her? I know she wouldn’t dare say that she’d like to step down and you know that!” Jessica scolded as high as her voice could go. She was fuming, it was a stupid decision, she’d rather not debut than to debut without being fair for all. It was indeed a selfish, rushed, and illogical solution.

Lies lies lies. Isn’t that what the whole world is made up of?

“I don’t see what’s wrong? I protected her Jessica.”

“What kind of ing protection organization do you stand up for to do that?!”

“Jessica. Calm down, will you?” Tiffany said as she grabbed the both shoulders of the girl.

Jessica harshly shrugged off her arms.

Seeing no one was scolding sooyoung but Jessica, something inside her snapped, “All of you hate mina…” she whispered, more like concluded.

And she was right.

She balled her fists, “Am I right?! Or was I wrong?!”  

“Look. It’s not like she’s a girl who would everyone like of. Can’t you see that ever since you two were together, you had no time for us? How she would always be first. Mina this, Mina that. Well let me tell you something, if Mina was there? Would you step down, to let her debut?!”

Her answer was always yes, when it comes up to mina.

“Yuri.” Sunny reprimanded. The argument that they were having was far from what the fought of before.

This argument was totally illogical.

Seohyun stood up, and faced the only girl who was defending Mina, “Jessica unnie. I know you’re angry, but I think it’s for the best. All we want to do is to hide her from mostly everyone, and letting her debut would only spark publicity.”

 

--





Taeyeon POV

After the heated argument, we apologized to each other, concluding that we should go straight to the warehouse where Mina is at the moment, and apologize as well as to tell her what happened. We don’t know how she’ll take the decision, but it’s better that she’ll know, I guess. I sighed a lungful of air and got off the old bust. I followed the trail, whilst, Jessica was leading as she was the most worried among us, Their love story was just as cliché as a chick flick movie you find in the theaters.

Jessica was cold, Mina was bubbly, she didn’t give up on Jessica and continued on wooing her. Jessica said yes, and they were together. Simple as that.

I was sure that Jessica loved Mina, and that Mina loved Jessica, both proclaimed it by themselves. They knew they love each other. But I can’t help but notice that there’s something with their relationship that didn’t seem right. It’s as if Jessica loved someone else, but forced herself to love Mina. Everytime she would talk about mina, her eyes wouldn’t have that shine to it. Even though, the way she talked was in a daydream-is sort of tone, her eyes tells a different story.

A different story that I can’t seem to figure out. 

The sound of the crackling leaves and burst of wind stopped my tracks,

The door of the building was open, and we know that it wasn’t a good sign.

We ran to the building and wandered around it. We opened every single door and looked at every corner of the building.

.

--

Jessica POV

I was frantically looking everywhere. My heart was skipping beats and rolls of sweat was dripping, despite the cold weather.

No, it can’t be possible, there was one place where I still haven’t checked and that was the porch. She once told me she loved the porch, she must be there.

She must be.

I arrived the porch.

And she was nowhere to be found, only a blood stain was found, and a bracelet next to it.

 

It was Mina’s.

I failed.

I failed to protect her.

--
Sunny Pov:

That was it. We crossed the line, I know this was probably a stupid idea, we fought over it numerous of times, and what we feared the most already happened.

She was gone.

I knew it from the start this plan was no good. But Mina, being the conceited, “I can do it all by myself” type of person, heavily disagreed, fear was within her, and that’s what we can’t take away.

I was still looking for her, I have that little piece of hope inside of me, even though she wasn’t very special to me, she was still a person, she deserves to fight for her life, or at least help her.

If she’d let me.

I was staggering around the corner, the one near the porch of the building. As I was looking around the rooms, my eye caught Jessica staring out the window, with crystal like beads of tear drops falling and flowing from her eyes.

I stepped towards her, something was wrong, I approached her and grabbed her by the shoulder,

“Jessica? What’s wrong?” I asked before she pulled me into a big tight hug.
Jessica would never make such an action.

 

--

“Kim Mina, a trainee from SM ent. was found missing after plans of making the trainee debut. She was last saw, on March 09 2006, by her fellow trainees at the practice room of the building. As stated by the about to debut group, Once they have left the practice room, they did not see Ms. Kim as they went to their own respective homes.

It was announced that the father and mother of the victim are nowhere—“

The tv was shut off. The nine girls were in the room. Not knowing what to do. For them to be safe, they have to believe on one fact, or was it even a fact?

That Kim Mina is no longer alive.

One was broken.
One was a cheater
One was selfish

And everyone was a traitor and desperate for fame.

How lovely.

--

 

She dropped the mic. Not knowing what to say. Her eyes blinked as many as she could, hoping to erase the familiar figure, not leaving the façade of her former lover.

Everyone was baffled, on what Jessica saw that made her reaction, they looked towards where she was looking at.

 

But they were too late.