Chapter 1

Trust the Lamb to Tame the Wolf.

Chap 1 :

 

“ oh, no. I’m going to be late “, I mutter as I nervously stared at my Quartz watch with pink silicone strap my father gave to me on my 18th birthday. This watch has literally wrapped around my wrist for around 7 years and has been a really good personal time manager.

I winced when the long hand of the watch I wear pointed toward the 2 .

4.10 p.m.

 

I shut my eyes tight and took a deep breathe.

“ no. I can’t afford to lose another job “, I shook my head and slowly opened my eyes. I tighten my fist and gritted my teeth.

I need to do this.

 

I abruptly stood up from my seat and headed toward the bathroom. I hesitantly knock on the bathroom door.

“ ya-.. yah, kangjun-ah. “, I clear my throats and talk in a more serious tone.

“ how long are you going to be in there. I’m in hurry, you know “,

 

He’s not responding.

Urgh, I really hated it when he did this to me.

 

I sighed and took a glance at my watch.

4.13 p.m.

 

That’s it. I’m fed up.

I fetch my sling bag on kangjun’s bed and took out some piano music sheets of my favourite songs. I carefully placed the music sheets on his study desk and put his phone on top of it.

His phone screen instantly brightened up and the screensaver almost made me choked on my own saliva.

It’s a picture of me with kangjun. Although I’m quite sure I’ve never  going out of my house looking that horrible and silly or even with my eyes partially open;  well, at least not with some kid I tutor. But, the resemblance is quiet surprising so let’s just say that stupid, drunk looking girl is me.

I’ve no memory of this picture being taken.

I took a closer look of the picture.

Yep. That’s me.

 

When did this-

 

“ that’s from 3 years ago.”,

I jolted in surprise. Kangjun has finally got out from the bathroom. I looked at him and frowned, attempting to let him know that I’m actually mad.

“ You can see in that picture, I’m wearing my school uniform “, he pointed at his phone and smile, totally ignoring my ‘best frown-mad face’ I made.

After maintaining that ‘best frown-mad face’ for quite a while, I gave up. This kid is an alien. He ignores me, In fact he don’t even know I’m mad.

 

He doesn’t have any clue that I might lose my 3rd part time job within this month.

“ oh, “, I looked at my watch in panic.

 

4.24 p.m.

 

Oh my goodies. I’m dead.

I took my sweater on kangjun’s chair and hurriedly put it on.

Will I make it if I run ? or take a bus ? aish, I should’ve brought my bike !

 

Kangjun slowly make his way toward me and smile. “ do you remember that day, nuna ? “, he asks as he looked into my eyes.

Aish, this- gahh, that eyes.

I got to admit, he have one of the most beautiful pair of eyes I’ve seen. You just can’t look away.

I’ve tried, you know. I’ve tried my best not to fall for that pair of stupid mesmerizingly gorgeous hazel brown eyes, but somehow the world is against me.

 

“ t-that day ? “, I subconsciously say as I clenched my fist to stay awake and sane. This kid is no ordinary 22 years old music major university student. He’s a magician.

Kangjun caress my face in sudden which obviously got me taken aback but his touch is so smooth and gentle I almost feel like it’s right. It’s almost feel like he’s done no wrong caressing an older girl’s face, his music tutor to be exact in a most unappropriated moment where she’s in a brink of losing her 3rd part time job.

He nodded and closed his eyes for a moment. As if I was possessed, I stupidly waiting for his answer as I longingly stare at his face.

 

“ that day where you got so drunk that you puked on me “,

 

Eh ?

What ?

 

“ what ? “, I harshly pushed kangjun away and shook my head violently. How dare he say such a vulgar thing to a pure woman like me. Moreover, in that y, husky, ‘I love you, let’s be together forever’ voice ?!

What an insolent brat.

 

Kangjun nodded his head, still in that ‘romantic-y guy’ mode.

Unable to keep that ‘y-guy in love’ face, he bursts out laughing.

 

I’m so annoyed I feel like stuffing that stupid phone if his in his mouth and punch him in the face.

“ yah ! you-

 

My phone vibrated. Oh my, this must be what you call as ‘the call from the dead’ . I frantically searched for my phone in my bag and relieves as I found out that it’s just a text from sora unni (an unni I worked with in the morning).

“ I better hurry “, I sough as I walked by kangjun.

 

“ I’ve leave the music sheets you asks on your desk. Practice them,  I’ll ask you to play them next week  “, I said without looking back at him. I need to get out of his room as fast as I can or else he’ll come up with another stupid trick to keep me there.

“ that day was the day- I con..ess to yo.. “,

 

Kangjun said something as I leave his room. But I can barely hear it. I walked down the stairs and headed toward the living room to greeted kangjun’s dad before leaving.

Kangjun is what you call ‘chaebol’ in dramas or movies. Since he’s the only child in the family, his family have high expectations of him. His father initially wanted him to be his successor, to manage his business company-though I have no idea what a business company is, kangjun just told me that way-, but after a sudden loss of kangjun’s mother in an accident around 4 years ago (kangjun was 18), kangjun’s father decided to let kangjun do what he loves to do- music.

Just like how his mother is a talented musician, kangjun is also fond of music. Nothing could soothe his pain and sadness of losing his mother other than this old black piano his mother got for him on his 16th birthday.

After the death of his mother, kangjun, who used to be such a devoted and good child to his parent can’t seem to adjust to his new life. A life without the presence of a mother.

He starts rebelling and acts violent. He frequent come back home late at night, sometime he don’t even bother to return home. He has turned into an immature little beasty (that is what he referred   himself )

And that’s what kangjun was when I first met him.

 

I was working as a part-time entertainer at a bar. I played the piano that day. And kangjun’s was one of the customers at the bar, at that time. After I done performing, and on my way to went home, kangjun’s dad desperately held onto me, begging me to teach his son. To make his son happy. To return that happy silly annoying smile on his face again.

Up to this day, it is still clear in my mind, how desperate kangjun’s dad is that day and that just torn my heart apart. ‘just how insolent this brat is that his dad willing to begged some stranger to teach him. Whoever this stupid brat, I’m so gonna give him a piece of my mind’ – that is exactly what I thought to myself when kangjun’s dad came to me.

 

I promised to myself that day that I’ll make this rascal regret what he’s done to his dad and I’ll surely get that damn smile on his face.

Aaannndd sure, I fortunately succeeded in fulfilling my promises. Now, that ‘smile’ will haunt me for the rest of my life.

 

Great.

 

I looked down on my wrist again and gasped in terror. “ crap. Oh, crap “,

4.40 p.m.

 

I’m  40 minutes late to my part time job. Let’s just hope that the manager-nim is not feeling so y today to fire me in front of other staff because that would be super embarrassing.

Slowly my paces started to speed up and before I realize, I’m running.

 

Oh god, I can’t lose this job. Well, it’s not that I love this job but working at a fast-food restaurant is not really that bad. I mean, you get free food-if there’s any leftover. And plus you can meet new people, make friends. And there’s also minwoo ( he’s a guy 2 years my junior but he’s so hot. Like ‘wonbin’ level of hotness in the movie ‘the man from nowhere’. Oh, I can wrapped myself around him all day without eating ).

 

Uhh, I don’t want to lose this job. Not until someone ‘hotter’ than minwoo miraculously appear in my life.

I exhale harshly and shook my head.

 

“ get your barely functioning head together, eunhee-ya. There’s no way a good looking guy would fall for you. At least, not the ‘you’ who let an underage student took a picture of yourself half drunk “,

I chuckled. That’s funny.

Haha. I laughed at my own joke.

 

Just how pathetic that is.

You are officially a world class pathetic loser, eunhee-ya.

 

And just when I thought the world couldn’t be any evil than it already is, something happen.

 

Just to let you know, I was just about 300 metre away from my part-time job place when this random ahjumma suddenly collapsed in front of me.

Right in front of me.

 

I mean, couldn’t she just stay conscious for just a few second after I walked past her before she fainted. I know that what I just said is inhuman but come on, getting fired in front of other staffs is inhuman too.

“ ah, I’m really going crazy “, I rushed over the ahjumma and place her head on my lap. Yeap, I sat on ground. On that filthy, ‘ god knows what is there’ ground.

More and more people started to surround me.

 

I touches the ahjumma’s head, to make sure there’s no injury. And then, I checked her heart pulse.

Normal.

 

There are no bruises or wound anywhere. I checked ahjumma’s eyes and I exhale in relief.

She’s just fainted. Maybe from exhaustion.

 

Look, I used to study in medical school. I’m supposed to be a doctor, in fact, I will officially graduate from that medical school this year if it is not because of my parents death.

Anyway, I knew a bit of this and that.

“ excuse me but could you call an ambulance. “, I politely ask a guy in suit that standing right beside me. That guy looked surprise but then he quickly calls the ambulance.

In less than 15 minutes, the ambulance arrives.

 

The ahjumma safely get on the ambulance and I was about to leave when one of the hospital staff stopped me and asked me to accompany ahjumma to the ambulance since I’m the one who found her.

I have no other choice than to do what was told. For the umpteenth time, I looked down at my quartz watch and snorted.

“ I’m going to get fired anyway “,

 

“ sorry ? “, the hospital staff ask as she moves her head closer to me. I shook my head and smile.

“ no. nothing. Um, anyway, I don’t really know this ahjumma. I just happen to be nearby when she collapse so what should i- “, I don’t know how to say this but fortunately the hospital staff understand what I’m trying to say.

She smiles and patted my shoulder. “ don’t worry. We needed you to be here just to accompany her. When we arrive at the hospital, this ahjumma’s guardian will take care of the rest “,

 

I nodded my head and smiles back.

Are the nurses these days are these polite and .. um pretty? Because back in my day, as far as I can remember, nurses are the third most frightening person in the world after dentist and my mom when she got her hand on her hip.

I sighed lightly and looked at the ahjumma.

 

Poor her. She must be so tired that she fainted. I wonder what she’s been through today. It must have been hard for her. I can’t help but to pity her.  

She looks so fragile. I stare at her face, then her hand and something caught my eyes.

“ what is this ? “, I reach out my hand to take something from ahjumma’s hand and apparently this might have been bothering the hospital staff because she don’t stop me and is actually curious of what it is.

It is a card all crumple. Ahjumma is clutching this paper card when she fainted.

I smooth out the card and tried to read the content.

 

Jani-King

-provides home cleaning services-

 

Uh ? home cleaning service ?

There’s also an address and phone number stated at the back of the card.

 

“ that could be ahjumma’s guardian’s number. That might be this ahjumma’s sons or daughter’s office card. Could you do me a favour and call that number ? “, the hospital staff asks as she flashes me the brightest smile.

 

I nodded my head and smile bitterly.

Why me ? why do I need to call this home cleaning services number ? why am I here ?

Why ? why ?

 

I took my phone out of my bag. Let’s just wish this is ahjumma’s child’d number. I really need to settle down and catch a breath.

 

I flicked my phone open and dialled the number.

It took quite a while to reach the other person.

 

“jani-king. House of home cleaning services. How can I help you ?”,

 

It’s a guy. I clear my throat.

 

“ um, sorry but um you see. There’s this one ahjumma “, I paused to think of what to say that won’t make the other person in line think of me as a stupid con artist.

 

“ yes, and ? “,

 

“ oh, um. This ahjumma collapsed and she’s holding this company’s card so I wonder- “,

 

“ oh my god, is that ahjumma has a mole under her eyes ? “, the guy asks abruptly which took me by surprise.

 

“ oh ah. Wait a second- “, I lean forward to have a closer look of the ahjumma’s face and yes. She has a noticeable mole under her right eyes. How can I not notice that? Well, why should I notice that anyway?

 

“ yes, she has a mole. Why are you asking ? “,

 

“ oh my ! this is *** “, I can hear he curse and I don’t know how to react because that ‘curse’ obviously wasn’t meant for me but yet it is said to me.

 

“ hello ? hello ? are you there ? “, the guy in the phone suddenly asks.

 

“ a-ah, yes. I’m here “,

 

“ look, this might be too sudden but can you please do me a favour ? “, he sounds just as desperate as kangjun’s dad when he’s begging me to teach kangjun piano.

Anyway, why the hell does every stranger I met, keep asking me a favour ? do god really hated me that bad ? am I a criminal in my past life ?

 

“ hello ? hello ? are you still there ? “, the guy speaks again.

 

“yes, yes. What favour ? “, I ask back. Please don’t ask me to do something that needs me to use these feet again. I’ve had enough running today.

 

“ ok. First, are you a student ? “,

 

“ used to be but not anymore “,

 

“good. Do you have any other plan tonight ? “, he asks bluntly. Did he just seriously asks me that ? is he so desperate to have a girlfriend that he asks a girl he just talked on a phone for a date ?

 

“ ahhh. No. I don’t think so. I’m free. Why ? “,

 

“ nice. Perfect. Then, I’ll text an address in a minute. Could you please come to this address ? “,

Oh my god, he’s really asking me for a date ? I can’t believe it ! I just lose a job but in return, I get a man. Oh god, I’m so sorry for being such a to you.

 

“ oh. Ok. Sure ! “,  I can’t help but talk in a slightly higher tone.

 

“ so, is that ahjumma’s child ? “, the staff asks me. I shook my head and give her the most sincere smile I’ve ever shown in my life.

 

“ it’s not. “,

 


 

 

Just like as the guy told, he sent me a text of the address. I quickly hailed a taxi as soon as I arrived at the hospital.

It just took like about 10 minutes from the hospital to the address the guy gave me. After pay for the taxi, I crossed the road because the apartment mentioned in the text is across the street.

 

It’s already late and I haven’t had a proper meal yet.

7.24 p.m.

 

I’m starving.

 

I stood in front of the apartment and was amused. This must be where he lives. As soon as I stepped into the apartment, a guy dressed in suit, all neat and nice approached me.

“are you the one he told to come here ? “, he asks in the most robotic voice I’ve ever heard in my life.

By ‘he’ , he must be referring to the ‘he’ who tried to hit me up.

I giggled by the thought and nodded as i showed the guy the text.

By the way, is this the apartment safety system or what ?

 

He nodded in reply and started escorting me into the elevator. It states here in the messages that the apartment he lives is on level 8.

The elevator stopped at level 8 and I come out but the guy just stay inside the elevator.

 

“this is weird. Really. Something is not right “, although I said that to myself, I still somehow believe that this is some trick this guy is trying to pull to attract me.

But again, who is crazy enough to do all this thing to a stranger he barely knows ?

 

Then, it hits me hard.

Wait a minute.

 

It is impossible that this guy would ask me on a date. He doesn’t even know me. I don’t even know him. How stupid can I be, believing he is actually falling in love at first sight with my- voice ?

Crap.

 

I think I’ve gotten myself into some big trouble. Oh god, I take that compliments I gave you back. You’re not nice. You’re sneaky.

Why do you make me a human with this barely functioning brain ? that is despicable !

 

Just when I was just about to take a first step away from this trouble, a hand suddenly reaches out to me and dragged me back into this hole of misery.

I turned around and face a guy around his late 30 smiling at me. That is the first I’ve ever felt so terrified by a smile.

 

“ hi, we talked on the phone earlier “, he waved his hands at me.

I can’t bring myself to smile anymore.

 

“ what do you want from me ? my money ? “, I searched my wallet and opened it just to find money that is barely enough to get me home.

“ not money then. I don’t have money. What do you want ? “, I ask in desperate, almost screaming.

The guy’s face turned dark. He approaches me and grabbed me by my shoulder. “ I’m sorry but I really really really really need you help “,

 

Okay. He really needs my help. I can see that.

 

I swallowed down my saliva and tried to calm myself.

He is not trying to persuade me to be e right ?

 

“ please, just for today. No, just for the next 3 hours. Please.. “, he paused, raising the level of suspense.

 

“ yes ? “, I bit my bottom lip, preparing myself to confront the most extreme favour of my whole life.

 

“ please be a maid for tonight “, he asks as he clasped my hands.

 

“ eh ? what ?! “,


A/N : as you probably have realized, english is not my first language so my grammar is not that perfect and i'm greatly sorry for that. i hope this chapter entertaint you and thank you so much for spending your time reading. i really appreciated that. please, if you have any comment or critics about this chapter, just drop it on the comment box below. 

 

BabyCakes2415 : you know, i'm really glad that you commented. it is actually your comment that motivate me to update this story. i hope this first chapter don't dissapoint you. thank you so much for subscribing and commenting :)

 

comment & subscribe & upvote juseyo !