생일 축하해요, 변백!

Happy Birthday, Byun Baek!


♥♥♥
 

Baekhyun was more than glad that his boss has decided to give him a day-off as a birthday present. The elated boy couldn't ask for more and decided to sleep the whole day.

 

Unfortunately, it didn't go well as he planned.

Upon the vibrating and ringing of his alarm clock, Baekhyun groaned as he threw a pillow at the bedside table to where his stupid alarm clock is. Just as he was about to fall into a sleep slumber again, his phone rang this time, completely awakening him. He let out another groan and lazily answers. He couldn't throw his phone, despite how annoyed and disgruntled he was. Owning an iPhone 5 is harder than Baekhyun thought it'll be.

"Birthday boy! Wake up, and get your out of the bed!" the moment he heard the familiar annoying voice, his eyes rolled in annoyance. Sighing, he glance at his thrown clock on the floor. It's 10am and Baekhyun wonders what on earth are they going to do so early in the morning.

"Kamjjong, it's freaking 10am. Are you serious?! Let me enjoy my sleep an-"

"Yes, I'm serious. Now get ready because I'm going pick you up there in 10 minutes!"

"What-"

With that, Kai hang up before the grumpy birthday boy could protest. Regardless of his incomplete sleep, he hops out of his bed went to prepare.

 

--

 

"Where are we going?" Baekhyun asks, sending a playful glare at the other who was busy driving.

"My apartment, the place you love the most." Kai replies with a teasing smile tugging at his lips causing the annoyed boy to roll  his eyes at his lame answer. Baekhyun took his phone out of his pocket before he checks his inbox and missed calls. But After so many scrolling, he sighs.

Her name wasn't there.

She's probably still busy sleeping. He nodded, and slips back his phone in.

 

 

"Happy birthday to you, dwarf!" A tall guy welcomed him as soon as they arrived at Kai's apartment. Baekhyun's face lightens up when he saw familiar faces infront of him. It has been almost a year since they last saw eachother's presence. After everyone graduated, they all parted in their ways. Still, they managed to meet once a year every Christmas. Today was an early reunion indeed. Baekhyun almost want scream upon registering different kinds of his favorite dishes on the table. He's happy more than he thought he will be.

"Baek, stop starting at the foods and beat me in this game." The tall guy named Chanyeol challenges, throwing the joystick at him. Baekhyun successfully catches it and hops in the couch, joining the giant guy who's eyes all focused on the screen.

"If I win, you give me 50 bucks. Deal?" Baekhyun bets as he grins widely, nudging the the tall guy. 

"And if you lose, I get the 50 bucks. Deal." Chanyeol nods. 

 

 

Finally, after 3 hours of playing. Baekhyun was heard screaming in joy by the others who were busy preparing his cake.

"Oh yeah! Now my 50 bucks!" The winner shoots his hand infront of the sulking boy.

"No, This is cheating! You keep using those combos!" Chanyeol exclaimed, his lips curling into a pout.

"A deal is a deal." Baekhyun narrows his eyes at the loser, soon Chanyeol gave up.

 

"Fine!"

 

--

 

Baekhyun continued to play his phone since he was left alone in the living room. They told him they're going to prepare something, and Baekhyun clearly knows it's just a cake. What more could he expect, he has known those idiots since birth. 

His phone vibrates, and a message popped out. Baekhyun eyes' widen in excitement, but when he opens it- it was just a message from his boss.

 From: Demanding Boss-nim
"Happy Birthday, Don't be late at work for tomorrow!"

He heaved out a sigh, and slowly he felt his heart dropping. She couldn't possibly have forgotten it, could she? Baekhyun shook his head and kicked his negative thoughts away outside his mind.

Though he hates the fact that his girlfriend is going away overseas, he has to think that she has a goal to acheive too. They agreed and he admits that it didn't cause a change much, they talked almost everyday. They video chat too, but he ponders why wasn't he receiving anything today? 

Did... something bad happen to her?

No, Baek. Think positively.

Her boss must have given her bunch of works to do again.

He nods his head firmly, and shook the thoughts off and soon was called by his friends. 

"Baek! Come into the dining room!"

"Coming!" He replies back quickly.

 

--

 

"Happy birthday to you ~ saengil chukahamnida ~" Everyone starts to sing him a happy birthday, Baekhyun laughs and claps along till the song finishes. "Thank you guys," Baekhyun smiles at them, engulfing each one of them into a hug.

"Make a wish, pretty face." Kyungsoo points at the cake, gesturing him to blow the candles.

Baekhyun raishes his eyebrow at him, "Wish? I'm not a kid anym-"

"Just do it." Suho butts in, patting his Nike shirt. Baekhyun gives up and blew the candles anyway, but between those he did a made a little wish.

For her, to greet him before the day ends.

Everyone spended almost the whole night eating. Throwing things everywhere, they even had a drinking contest but Baekhyun didn't join, thinking he doesn't want to get scolded by his girl.

"Come on Baek! Just one glass!" Sehun suggested again, shoving a glass to him. Baekhyun for the 3rd time shook his head and rolled his eyes. 

"I told you guys, I don't wanna end up getting an earful scolding from her."

"Well speaking of her, didn't she greeted you yet?" Kai asks, smirking as he eyes the other guys. Baekhyun shook his head in response and dropped his gaze on the table.

"Nope, not even a single text."

"Well, that's one of the cons of having a long distance relationship." Kai says, drinking another glass. Suho kicked his foot under the table, signaling him to stop.

Sadness and despondency replaced Baekhyun's blank  face.

Chanyeol was the only one having a dumbfounded look on his face, he stood up from the chair and scratched his head.
"But I thought She was going to sur-" his words got cut off when a pillow landed on him. All except Baekhyun sends death glares at the tall idiot guy.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun was completely lost in his own sad world.

"Shut it Yeol." Kyungsoo mouthed those words at him, giving him the owl eyes. A wide grin spreads across Chanyeol's face upon realizing the matter. 

The clock ticks 10pm, and everyone starts to yawn. Sehun was sleeping peacefully on the couch while muttering gibberish things. Others have decided to go home, but before that, they again greeted Baekhyun one last 'Happy Birthday.'

"Bring me home, Kai. I'm sleepy." Baekhyun approaches the guy who was busy watching the television. He wasn't really sleepy, he was just too tired, maybe.
Kai shifts his gaze to him and pitied how half of Baekhyun's face showed happiness and the other half was sadness and disappointment.

"Alright."

 

--

"Thanks Kai for everything, I owe you alot today!" Baekhyun waves at him, grinning widely.

"Don't mention it, Byun. Anyways, see you! Cheer up for me  will ya?" Kai's head pops out of the window, and showed him a thumbs up. Baekhyun in return, flashes him a wide smile and nodded cheerfully. Kai laughs and waves one last time.

"I'm pretty sure you're not going to sleep alone today!" With that, Kai's car sped off, leaving Baekhyun completely clueless. Though sometimes Kai can be a real jerk and a butthole, Kai knows him the best. He knows when Baekhyun's sad, he knows how to cheer him up in so many ways. Kai is his very best friend.

He lazily drags himself inside his apartment, his eyes looked around and it wasn't much of a surprise that his room was dead and silent. Baekhyun threw himself on his bed, checking his phone for the 100th time.

Still, there was nothing new.

No text messages.

No calls.

Nothing.

The dejected boy could feel his heart slowly cracking, that if his heart was closer to his ears- he could hear the continious cracking sounds.

"Ugh! Lee Min Young! I swear if you really have forgotten about it, I'm going to send you a video of me weeping!" Baekhyun yells at his phone's wallpaper, where a girl is smiling cutely together with him. Though he meant it as a joke, he could feel his eyes glistening with tears.

No, you're not going to cry. 

Nope, you're a freaking grown up now for heaven's sake.

Baek, you can't cry.

He nods to himself, and maybe he should just sleep. It's late anyway, She probably did forgot about him. His eyes darted on his clock, that was still lying on the floor.

It read: 11:57 pm.

3 minutes left and his day is over, Baekhyun didn't realize lips has been pouting all this time. Again, he should just sleep and forget about her, too. He shut his eyes close, letting the peaceful surrounding get into him, but soon the ringing of his phone disturbed it.

He groans loudly to the fact he was growling, without taking a chance to glance at the caller, he answers with a yell. "What do you want?!"

"Byun Baek?" A soft yet little husky voice rang through his ear. His voice came into a halt, and his heart starts to stop pounding.

"M-Min?" He stutters and tries not scream in joy.

No, No, Baek you just can't get happy in a split second like this. Pretend you're angry. He exhales, and inhales slowly. Following his mind, he tries to sound mad.

"Are you mad? Did something happen?"

"No."

The latter chuckled and replies again. "But you sounded mad. Well anyways, Did you enjoy your day?"

"Yeah, I did. So much."

On the other hand, Min kept chuckling and took a step closer at the door.

"Really? Even without getting to talk to me?" She tries to stall the guy, and with her free hand she lights the small cupcake with a lighter while her phone is squeezed between her shoulder and her ear.

"... Why did you call so late, Jagi?" Baekhyun gives up, and questions her this time, his voice sounding so sad more than he wanted it to.

"Did you forget?" He adds to his question.

Min tries to supress her laughter and began to play dumb with him. "Sorry, I was busy. Uhm, forget what Byun Baek?"

"Nevermind." Baekhyun sighs, his eyes landed on the clock again. But his heart drops more upon knowing it's only 60 seconds left before the clock ticks 12.

So she did forgot it.

knock. knock.

"Hold on, someone's at the door." Baekhyun slowly made his way to the door, and then Min hangs up on the call. Baekhyun feels himself tensing up after the knock starts to get louder. 30 seconds left before 12am and Baekhyun is sure no one is too stupid to visit people at this time.

"W-Who's there?" Being the manly-less he is, his voice was shaking.

But, not wanting anymore suspense happening - he gathers up the courage and opens the door swiftly with his hand.

 

 

"Byun Baek, happy happy birthday!" Min rushes towards him and brings up the lightened little cupcake to his face. Baekhyun stood still, his mind slowly starting to process. His heart that was once broken was mended in a split of second.

"I'm not late right?" The girl grins brightly at him and her smile was enough to melt her frozen boyfriend. In that moment, the clock ticks 12.

"H-How.." His voice trailed off together his with words before pulling the shorter to his arms, squeezing her little body into his.

"I love you so much, how did you even managed to get away from your boss?" Baekhyun utters sincerely, hugging the shorter tighter.

"I'd do anything for my Byun Baek!" She giggled and breaks the hug slowly, shoving the cupcake so close to his face. "Blow it, and make a wish!" She beams and nodded her head.

Baekhyun chuckles at his girlfriend's cuteness, still he blows the candle and set his eyes on her.

"I think my wishes are all granted, I don't want to ask for more." He states as their eyes were in contact.

"Really? What were your wishes?"

"You, and you to be here with me right now."

Min smiles before pecking his nose. "I love you, Byun Baek." Baekhyun responds with a chuckle, pulling her close to him that Min has accidentally dropped the little cupcake into the warm floor. A tint of redness spreads across the girl's cheeks, slowly he leans closer and soon she felt a pair of lips on hers.

"I love you more, Jagi."

Though Baekhyun wanted to punch his friends for actually making him sad by saying negative things, he shook the thought and maybe wishes do come true during birthdays. Baekhyun felt the luckiest man in love alive.

 


author's note:  hoho, i did this for only 3 hours.. so sorry for the poopy words and story. ;o;  
this was obviously rushed since  today is my bias' birthday so, this is like a gift~
comments and subscribers are loved. xoxo