What're you playing?

Be My Light

After a particularly tough day Baekhyun is sitting in the group’s van. The others made him wait there until they allow him to come to the dorms. Baekhyun just hopes that he won’t fall asleep, when suddenly his phone buzzes. It’s a message from Chanyeol.

“You can come up now! :)”

“Ok then.” Baekhyun gets up and makes his way up the stairs. The door is unlocked and as he opens it, he hears “Happy Birthday”. The lights are out and the others are singing in candle light provided by the cake. The tiredness is replaced with happiness and Baekhyun joins in, not wanting to just stand there awkwardly.

When the song ends, Kyungsoo reminds Baekhyun to make a wish and after a moment of thinking it over, Baekhyun blows the candles.

Suho turns the lights on and everyone cheers. Because of the tiredness, each quickly eats a piece of cake, once again congratulates the birthday boy and goes to sleep. But Baekhyun doesn’t mind the short celebration, since he himself feels exhausted.

Everyone goes to their respective rooms and as Baekhyun enters his and Chanyeol’s room, his mouth is agape at the pile of gifts outspread on his bed. He sits down and goes through them: a box of homemade cookies from Kyungsoo and Kai, a book from Suho, a bit weird shoes from Kris and Tao, a plastic cockroach in a chewing gum box from Chen, hoeddeok (sweet syrupy pancakes) from Lay and other sweet stuff.

“Gosh, I love you guys,” Baekhyun thinks to himself and makes a mental note to thank them once more in the morning.

Then he notices a cute plushie that hadn’t been on his bed before – it’s from Chanyeol – a cute Tatty teddy holding a horse shoe with “Luck” written on it. “So cute!~”

Baekhyun glances around the room and notices that his roommate is missing. He puts the teddy down and goes to look for the giant. The dorms are already dark. Baekhyun finds Chanyeol on the terrace, playing guitar. He walks on the terrace to listen to the beautiful song, but Chanyeol stops, realizing he is not alone.

“What are you playing?” Baekhyun asks, sitting on the bench next to the giant.

““Be The Light” – it’s stuck in my head for weeks now,” Chanyeol blushes, but Baekhyun doesn’t seem to notice his rosy cheeks. “Please, continue, it’s beautiful,” he cheerily pleads and Chanyeol starts to play again, this time singing the lyrics too.

Be the sun during the day and make me warm
Change into the moon at night and give me an ecstatic romance
I chase after something that twinkles far away, I can see in the dark
The day the rain stops and you shine on me
This love will bloom again

Chanyeol glances at Baekhyun. The older is smiling and looking over the city lights.

Be the light
Shine on my black and hidden heart
Melt me from being frozen
So that I’ll be so dazzling
That no one else can look at me

As the final chord resonates from the strings, silence falls between the two, but not an awkward one. They enjoy the warm night and take in the beautiful city.

“What did you wish for when you blew out the candles?” Chanyeol suddenly asks. “Well, I can’t tell you. You know it won’t come true, if I say it,” Baekhyun laughs a bit and another moment of silence follows.

“Listen, hyung. I want to ask you something, but promise that you won’t tell the others, ok?” Baekhyun is surprised at the other’s serious tone and notices Chanyeol fidgeting with his fingers. “Sure, what’s up?”

Chanyeol looks Baekhyun in the eyes “I... I like you, hyung... Doh, who am I kidding?! I love you! Since like forever! I just didn’t know how to tell you. And my question is... Will you be my light, Baekkie? Will you go out with me? I mean, you can say no, I’ll understand. Just, please, don’t hate me, ok? It’s really ok, if you don’t---” Chanyeol’s rambling is stopped by Baekhyun’s lips and he stares in shock at the older.

“Of course, I’ll go out with you, Channie!!~” Baekhyun smiles at the other. “I love you too! I guess I fell for you the moment we met.”

Chanyeol is still in shock, but finally sighs in relief and smiles. Baekhyun wraps his hands around Chanyeol’s neck and both share another sweet kiss. “Do you still wanna know what I wished for?” Baekhyun asks, as he breaks the kiss. Chanyeol just nods. “I wished for you to be mine.” Both smile at each other and Baekhyun takes Chanyeol by the hand. “Come, we got to wake up early.”

They make their way through the dark hall to their room and both lie on Chanyeol’s bed, since Baekhyun’s is still filled with the gifts. “This definitely was the best birthday I’ve ever had. Good night, Channie~” Baekhyun pecks Chanyeol’s lips one last time and rests his head on the other’s chest. “The best birthday you’ve had so far~~ Good night, Baekkie~” Chanyeol kisses Baekhyun’s hair and both drift to sleep.

 

 

P.S. Yeah, I’m sorry for the failed fluff, but the idea refused to leave my mind ;_;