001

The 13th Vampire

May 19, 1890. Descendants Castle.

"We must catch the child, Gunther" said Salazar Jung, pounding his fist against the old table from who knows how many ages ago. His voice was raspy and full of anger that it looked like as if fume was coming from his nose.

"Yes yes, sire. We must" Gunther said shakily. 

"Yeon Hee has already hidden the child away. We must destroy her and the child or it'll be too late when the child has climed the throne as a true vampire"

"Yes, sire" Gunther responded, putting his head down. His hands were shakier than ever and his teeth were chattering together loudy.

"Stop it with the loud nonsense!" Salazar shouted ferociously. 

"Sorry, sire" Gunther said dropping his head even lower in front of Salazar.

"Now, now. When the child turns the age of 18 she will be eligiable for the throne but only if she is a pure vampire by new moon. We just need to kill before those snobbish Royals' find her first. Gather all the Descendents. Make them aware of what's going on and make them believe the child is a threat to us. The hunt begins now" Salazar said and a sinister smile formed on his face.

May 19, 2015. Yoon Haeun.

"Great" I mumbled under my breath. It seems like everyone in the building had about 2 tons of trash today. It has been years since I started my job as a trash taker at my apartment building. I wasn't sure if it had a specific name but I just considered my job as taking trash from people's doors. This was the only place that would hire me and since I also lived here, I didn't have to pay for a bus ticket to get far. Every morning, I would go by the apartment resident's door to pick up their trash bags and on the way I delivered the newspaper. I did the trash taking every night too, which wasn't so bad because I at least made some extra cash.

I have always thought about maybe finding a job at a bakery or cafe but I would have to use the bus everyday or walk about 10,000,000 miles to my destination but I was just exaggerating because I always hated physical education. My 18th birthday was coming in 5 months but I didn't care, like I always did something every year but for some reason in my eyes 18 is the day I become a adult. It's the day I mature and grow up but I have already grown up.

I had learn how to fend for myself and do everything on my own but I was somehow expecting for my 18th birthday to arrive.

"C'mon, Yoon Haeun. You only need 6 more doors for the night" I said, trying to give myself a little motivation.

After finishing my task, I brushed my dirty hands against my worn out jeans and proceeded back to my apartment, which was all the way on top of the rooftop. The space was not supposed to be renovated to other people but since he felt bad for me, he said I could live there quietly and so I did ever since I ran away from my orphanage 7 years ago.

I made my way up the narrow cement stairs leading to the rooftop and walked over towards the ledge.

"Humph" I said letting out a deep sigh.

"When am I ever going to get away from this place? I just want to go somewhere I actually belong" I said to myself one last time before walking into my little apartment. Falling back on my uncomfortable bed, I thought about all the wonderful things my parents are probably doing without me. The orphanage said my parents were in need of a babysitter because of an important business trip so they dropped me off at the orphanage but never came back for me.

Funny why they would drop me off at the orphanage because of a business trip. Business trips, huh? Guess they were successful people but why would I believe what the orphanage tells me. They were a bunch liars anyways. If you were lucky you get the people who just smile at you all day and read you stories sometimes and if you are not then you get the ones who tell you fake things about your past life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up the next morning in a good mood for some reason and walked out of my apartment, strectching my arms. For some apparent reason I had this feeling inside me that something great was going to happen but I wasn't sure what it was. Nothing great ever happened to me anyways. I told myself to get back to my senses and changed into a new change of clothes for my everyday morning job.

The apartment was quiet this morning and it hasn't been in a long time. Thank goodness for no screaming people today. I got through with my tasks quickly and quietly. Running down to the main lobby to catch the newspaper, I noticed someone that caught my eye. I haven't seen that face around the apartment before and he looked really confused. Maybe I could make a new friend since I don't have any from school. On the second thought, I shouldn't because he'll most likely ditch me later on. It always happened.

I shouldn't approach people I don't know anyways. "Just carry on with your business, Haeun" I said quietly to myself before picking up the stack of newspaper, which were heavy and inky. I was about to walk right past him when he took my arm, holding me back.

"Annyeonghaseyo (Hello). I was just wondering where I could pick up my keys to the apartment I jsut rented out" he said, smiling brightly which was kind of creepy to me.

"Just ask the landlord, over there" I answered pointing the landlored's office. I tried walking off again to deliever the newspaper but he held me back. 

"I am Do Kyungsoo. Nice to meet you" he said letting out a hand for me to shake.

"Yoon Haeun" I said, shaking his hand.

"Haeun?" I heard him say to himself quietly.

"Neh? (Yes?)" I asked.

"Anniyo" Kyungsoo smiled brightly again.

"Well see you around, Kyungsoo"

"Ha-" I heard him start but I had already walked off to deliver the newspaper.

What was his problem? All of a sudden I stopped my tracks and thought about him again for a moment. Where have I met him? I looked back but he was already gone. As I walked up the stairs to deliver the rest of the newspaper, I stopped and turned around in confusion.

299. Last time I checked, the last apartment number was 288. What was going on this morning? I shook my head in utter confusion and set the daily newspaper down in front of the door. Maybe my vision was off so I rubbed my eyes but the number was still there. 299. "Who exactly lived here?" I thought but I realized there was no apartment 299 in the first place.

The landlord must have changed things up a little and forgot to tell me. I'll just ask him later. The landlord did have some memory loss once in awhile so I guessed it was not big deal and walked off to the next door. Why was that number so familiar? "I must have driven myself crazy" I thought to myself or maybe not.


Author's Note:

Hello! This is my very first fanfiction but I I have read many fanfics but I recently got into writing some of my own. I know the first chapter was kind of short but I will make them longer in the future. I would really love to hear what you have to say about this fanfic so far so tell me something in the comment section:) Thank you so much!!