Chapter 1:New Girl in School

Even if it's in dream

Chapter 1:New Girl in School

 “Audrey, are you ready for school? Mr Lee is already waiting for you!” Mrs Han shouted from the kitchen as she continued to toast some bread.

Audrey skipped down the stairs with a wide smile on her face. It was her first day in school in Korea. Her mother decided to go back to Korea three years ago after her divorce with her ex-husband. It left a huge impact on Audrey. It took six months for Audrey to regain the smile that her mother could see everyday.

Audrey put a slice of bread into and pecked her mother before leaving the house and slipping into the car waiting for her. It was a short and fast journey. Her new school was not that far from her house. Even so, she managed to catch the scenery of her new hometown and a sight that was rarely seen in Canada. A group of students were walking to school together. Especially since they were boys.

As Audrey stepped out of the car, Mr Lee, the principal of the school she is currently attending(Korean Arts School), greeted her and brought her for a tour around the school. The school was bigger than her previous school. She would need a tour guide if she wanted to move around the school with ease. Finally, school had started and the students rushed to their respective classrooms.

At Classroom

“Class, this is Han Yu Jin. You can also call her Audrey. She will be joining our class. She is from Canada but she has Korean citizenship. She is not that fluent in Korean so I would like her to sit with Nam Joon,” said the teacher “Audrey, sit beside Nam Joon” Audrey and Nam Joon made eye contact. The girl greeted first with the boy replying afterwards before taking out his notebook to jot some notes down. Audrey felt a sudden weird feeling spreading in her. We just met but why is my heart beating so fast?

The day passed by painfully slowly. Audrey still felt that weird feeling but brushed it aside.

At home

“So, how is school?” asked Mrs Han

“It was okay. I am sitting beside a boy...” answered Audrey She was poking her food and had a small appetite that day.

A sly grin formed on Mrs Han’s face.

“I hear wedding bells...”

“It’s not like that!” protested Audrey and then went to keep her food in the microwave to have it for breakfast the next day.

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” ― Albert Einstein