S I G H T

More than a sense of sight

Jongin is in the hospital again together with his mother—the doctor called them that there is a patient that is willing to donate his cornea to Jongin. His mother hugs him and tells him how happy she is that finally Jongin can see the world.

Jongin is born with no eyesight because his mother is diabetic when she is carrying Jongin. His mother has been blaming herself for Jongin’s misfortune, that’s why she is happy that Jongin can finally be able see after 10 years. Jongin is really agitated and excited with the anticipation finally seeing things he just heard from his parents (mostly his mom). They described the nature so beautifully so Jongin wants to see those things.

His mother is now talking with the doctor and Jongin tells his mother that he’ll be going out so the nurse brought him in the garden and left for a while. Jongin is feeling the spring breeze when he felt the presence of someone else.

“Who are you?” Jongin asked.

“Hello I’m Kyungsoo what about you?” Kyungsoo asked. Though Jongin can’t see his face he can feel the smile in his voice.

“I’m Jongin.” Jongin said and smiles also.

“How old are you?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I’m 10, how about?” Jongin asked he felt so comfortable to whoever this person is.

“Then I’m your hyung, I’m 11.” Kyungsoo answered.

“Then I will call you Kyungsoo hyung?” Jongin asked.

“Of course.” Kyungsoo said happiness is evident in his voice.

“Why are you here in the hospital?” Jongin asked.

“Well it’s my second home since I’ve been sick for a really long time.” Kyungsoo said wistfully.

“I’m sorry.” Jongin said suddenly becoming sad.

“Don’t be because I’m happy here.” Kyungsoo said cheerfully.

“Why is that so?” jongin asked smiling. Kyungsoo’s cheerfulness is contagious.

“Because I met you here.” Kyungsoo said.

Jongin blushed furiously. “Re-really?”

“You’re so cute. Yeah I’m happy to meet you.” Kyungsoo said and Jongin can feel that wide smile on his face.

“Hyung, I want to see you.” Jongin said wistfully.

“Really but I’m not a good sight.” Kyungsoo said.

“I don’t think so hyung, I think you’re really beautiful. I can feel it.” Jongin said smiling. “And the doctor said there’s a donor already and when I finally am able to see I will find you hyung.” Jongin said full of confidence.

“That’s nice of you. When you can see again, can you give me a green rose?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Of course hyung but why green rose?” Jongin asked.

“It’s a sign of eternal love.” Kyungsoo said.

Jongin bushed harder, he was about to say something when his mother called him.

“Jongin let’s go.” His mom coaxed him.

“Wait mom I need to say goodbye to Kyungsoo hyung.” Jongin said but suddenly he can’t feel his presence.

“Who is Kyungsoo hyung? You don’t have someone her let’s go.”  Jongin’s mom said.

“But-

“There’s no but you need to prepare for your surgery next week.”

“After the surgery hyung, I will find you.” Jongin promises to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin’s surgery is done. And now they will be going to remove the bandage in his eyes.

“Jongi open your eyes slowly.” The doctor instructs.

Jongin opens his eyes slowly, at first it’s all white but as he continues to blink he can see a man’s face.

“Jongin you can see me?” The doctor asked.

“Ye-yes doc.” Jongin answers tears starts to roll in his eyes.

“Oh Jongin.” Jongin’s mom exclaimed and hugs his son.

Finally he can his mom’s face, she really is beautiful despite the tears in her eyes.

“Mom I need to find Kyungsoo hyung.” Jongin said remembering his promise to his hyung.

“Who is that?” Jongin’s mom asks frowning.

“He is my hyung. Doc do you happen to know Kyungsoo he is 11 years old and his been here for a long time?” Jongin asked and doctor has a dumbfounded look.

“Ho-how do you know him?” The doctor asked.

Jongin frowns. “I met him a week before my surgery.” Jongin said and doctor turns pale.

“Why doc is something wrong?” Jongin’s mom voices out his question.

“I’m sorry Jongin.” The doctor said and looks at him sympathetically.

 

 

 

A/N: A very long drabble. Bye I need to sleep alredy it's 2 in the morning here so pardon this spur of the moment story of mine. Thank you for reading!