Broken Orange Cat

45 Days Earlier

Warning: This is a long one!

 

                Luhan woke up to the sound of someone rapping their knuckles on his door. “Coming…” he mumbled, getting his heavy legs off the bed and onto the floor. He slipped on his bunny slippers and grabbed the grey robe on the chair. He trudged himself to the front door and opened it.

                “Hi,” a young man appeared before him. He had blonde hair, was really tall, a sharp chin and brown eyes. “My name is Oh Sehun.”

                “Hi.” Luhan mumbled, rubbing his eyes, terribly confused at the presence of this strange, yet very good-looking man.

                “45 days from now, we will fall in love.”

                “What?”

                “We’ll meet, and then we’ll date. We’re going to get married and have a kid. A son, a beautiful son.” The young man’s eyes start to soften as he leans a little closer to Luhan. Luhan took a few steps back, his hand ready to push this weird stranger away.

                “What are you talking about?”

                “I’m here because,” he gulps and swallows. “I want those extra 45 days. I want each one of them so badly.”

                “Look, you are crazy.”

                “If I can’t have that then I’ll have the 45 seconds I spend talking to you before you slam the door in my face.” He leaned forward again. “I love you Luhan. Always.”

                “Creep!” and just as predicted, Luhan slammed the door in his face. He locked his door and climbed back into bed. He closed his eyes and tried to go to sleep, pretending all of that never happened.

                When Luhan woke up, he decided he was just dreaming.

                                                                **************

                Luhan likes his job. Working as a florist is great because a) the owner is pretty cool and b) he loves flowers. Roses, lilies, tulips…you name it. The only problem is that his shop is pretty far from his apartment, so he has to take the bus across town. Oh, and there’s one more thing.

                He has a compulsion to always forget his umbrella.

                The weather man on TV was practically screaming at Luhan. “It’s going to rain god damn it!! Bring your ing umbrella!” but Luhan just turned it off and walked out. He grabbed his phone, put on his favourite pair of sneakers and left the building.

                All was well on the bus ride, but before his stop came, it started raining heavily. The bus stopped as Luhan used his hands to shield him from the rain. He dashed down the bus as the wind blow, making sure the boy was soaked like a wet sponge. He stopped under the bus stop, staring at his wet hands and feeling his wet shirt, sticking to his body like a disgusting slimy clam.

                “Wow, you really are wet.”

                Luhan whipped his head to find the source of the voice. It belonged to a tall, handsome man in a suit. He had an umbrella in one hand and a briefcase in the other. He had lovely brown eyes and a gorgeous set of blonde hair. Luhan narrowed his eyes at the stranger.

                Ew!! It’s the creep from my dream! He looked down at himself and realized his wet shirt was almost see-through. He covered his body with his awkward limbs and half-screamed.

                “ert!! What are you doing looking at my body?!”

                “I am not a ert! I didn’t look at anything!” the man defended. Luhan caught his eyes shifting downward and he turned away, his lips upturned.

                “Get lost.” Luhan hugged his cold body as he walked out under the rain.

                “Wait!” An umbrella appeared on top of Luhan, shielding him from the pelting rain bullets. “You could get sick from this weather!”

                “That’s none of your business, you ert!”

                “I am not a ert. I happened to have a name you know.” The man huffed. “Let me walk you to your destination.”

                “No way. I don’t even know you.”

                “Fine, but if you get pneumonia, you’ll only have yourself to blame.”

                “I’ll take the risk.” Luhan rolled his eyes and ran forward, feeling the rain on his skin again. He came to a red light and just a millisecond after that, he felt shelter right above him.

                “You are so stubborn.” Luhan grumbled, turning his head to look at the stranger with the umbrella. The stranger’s lips curved upwards in a little smile.

                “And you say you don’t know me.”

                Luhan let the taller guy walk him to his shop. By the time he arrived, he knew a few things about the man. His name was Oh Sehun and no he wasn’t a ert, he was a project manager for a firm.

                “Thanks.” Luhan ducked under the awning of the floral shop.

                “You work here?”

                “Yeah.”

                “Cool. I like those roses.” Sehun pointed to a batch in the window. “I have to go.”

                “See you.”

                “You want to?”

                Did Luhan want to? Did he really want to see Sehun again?

                “I want to repay you for helping me.”

                Sehun’s lips curved upwards again. “Then see you it is.” And with that, he walked down the opposite direction. Luhan entered the store, grabbing some extra clothes to change into.

                He looked into the bathroom mirror and all he could think about was the way Sehun’s lips curved upwards.

                Absentmindedly, so did his.

                Side-note: It was also exactly 45 days after Luhan’s dream.

                                                                *****************

                The chance to repay Sehun didn’t come until 3 days later, when Sehun entered the store, asking for some flowers.

                “We have a beautiful collection of roses and lilies, carnations and even orchids. What’s the occasion?”

                “I want to buy some for my boss. She seems to be in a bad mood so I wanna cheer her up.”

                “Well, bright coloured flowers work best. Orange roses? Or blue orchids?”

                “What’s your favourite flower?”

                “Me?” Luhan pointed to himself and Sehun nodded. “Well, I like white roses.”

                “You do?”

                “Yeah. I think they are very elegant and timeless. And plus they are roses? Who doesn’t love them?”

                “So would you say you’re a very elegant person?”

                “Please. I’m like a bull in a china shop.”

                “Yet you work as a florist.”

                “Yeah, because you can’t break flowers.”

                “I’ll give you that one.” Sehun chuckled. He looked over at the white roses. “I’ll take the white roses then.”

                “Great.” Luhan picked out a few stalks and made Sehun a very nice bouquet. “Here, it’s on me.”

                “Oh no, you didn’t have to do that.” Sehun shook his head.

                “I insist. I wanna repay you for what you did the other day.”

                “Who am I to turn down an offer from a beautiful person?” Sehun smiled, taking the bouquet, pretending not to notice the way Luhan’s cheeks were painted pink.

                “See you.”

                “Oh you will indeed.”

                                                                *********************

                Luhan is a genuinely happy kid, but one day he was found sitting on the curb with his head down his hands hanging down lifelessly. It was as if the world had fallen apart.

                “Luhan? What’s wrong?” Xiumin, the shop owner asked as he came out to inspect on his employee/friend.

                “The blue lilies I ordered for Baekhyun’s wedding hasn’t arrived yet, and he’s going to walk down the aisle in 10 minutes!” Luhan whined. He gripped Xiumin’s arm, eyes wet with tears of frustration.

                “I am such a bad friend. Baekhyun will never trust me or even talk to me again.”

                “Calm down Luhan, let me call the truck driver. You left the number on the counter right?” Xiumin dashed inside, leaving Luhan to sit there wiping his tears. He could feel his phone vibrating but he doesn’t want to pick up in fear of disappointing his best friend. Just then, he could hear the sound of a car rolling up.

                “Sehun?!?!?”

                “Flowers for Sunshine Floral Store.” Sehun smiled. “The truck broke down in front of my office. I asked where it was heading and he said it was here. So I paid the guy 50 bucks and took all his flowers and drove here.”

                “Oh my god, Sehun, thank you!!” Luhan jumped to his feet as the car boot opened. He could smell the lovely lilies from where he was standing and he breathed 1000 sighs of relief when he saw the gorgeous flowers in its original form.

                “It’s perfect! Oh god thank you!” Luhan lunged on Sehun, giving him a big hug. “I can still make it to the wedding!”

                “These are for a wedding?”

                “Yeah, it’s in 10, ah no, 7 minutes.”

                “We’d better not waste time. Get in the car.”

                “But I…”

                “Never deny a bride on her wedding day.” Luhan thought of Baekhyun and how the diva could be freaking out now. With very little choices to make, he jumped into Sehun’s car and they drove off.

                They made it with only seconds to spare. Luhan gave Baekhyun a quick hug before running to set up the flowers and planting a bouquet in his best friend’s hands.

                “Get out there and marry your derp face.” Luhan chuckled.

                “Aye aye boss.” Baekhyun sniggered before walking down the aisle. Luhan breathed out, placing one hand on top of his heart. He made it. He didn’t destroy his best friend’s wedding.

                “Thanks for helping me.” He smiled at Sehun.

                “No problem, though I didn’t expect us to end up here.”

                “Where?”

                “A wedding. Aren’t we taking this relationship a bit too quickly?”

                Luhan blushed pink. “We’re not in a relationship.”

                “Not yet.” Sehun whipped out something from behind him. The white rose bouquet Luhan made for him days ago.

                “Aren’t these for your boss?”

                “Turns out my boss is allergic. What a lovely coincidence.” Sehun gave a smile that suggested he never meant to give them to his boss at all. “Will you go out with me?”

                Who is Luhan to turn down a man holding flowers? Especially not a handsome one.

                “Yes.”

                Luhan thanked God that day for sending Sehun to him.

                                                                *****************

                “I have to get off from work early today.”          

                “Got somewhere to go?” Xiumin asked.

                “It’s my 1st year anniversary with Sehun. I wanna go home early to prepare a meal for him.”

                “You? Cook?” Xiumin stifled a giggle. “You nearly burnt my toast the first time I met you.”

                “That was years ago. I’m better than that now!”

                “You asked someone to help you?”

                “Yeah.” Luhan started spraying water on some orchids. “My friend Kyungsoo is a chef. I agreed that I would introduce him to my neighbour Jongin if he helped me.”

                “As long as your heart is in the right place.” Xiumin laughed. Luhan tuned him out, too busy staring at the colourful daisies that he had picked out to be the centrepiece of tonight’s dinner. He could feel the butterflies in his stomach and the silliest, goofiest smile pop up.

                How is it possible for one person to make him feel this way?

                After work, Kyungsoo and Luhan started working in the kitchen, with Kyungsoo blabbing about Luhan’s hot neighbour.

                “Did you see his hair? Good lord it’s so y.”

                “Uh huh.’

                “What I would love to have my fingers running through his hair, his lips on mine…” Kyungsoo blurted out dreamily.

                “Uh huh.”

                “You’re not listening to me are you?”

                “Hey Kyungsoo! How’s this?” Kyungsoo looked at the carved carrot in Luhan’s hand. It looked like a tree gone wrong.

                “What’s that ugly thing?”

                “It’s a rose!” Luhan stomped his foot. “Oh god it doesn’t it? Now he’s gonna hate me. Sehun’s gonna think I’m this useless airhead that doesn’t know anything!”

                “Just relax.” Kyungsoo calmed his friend down. “He will not hate you. He loves you.”

                “Really?”

                “It must be if he can handle you for this long.” Kyungsoo teased. “Stop carving rose carrots and start stirring the soup.”

                When Sehun came, Luhan could have sworn he was Adonis in disguise. Sehun just had to look like a freaking Greek god with his tall stature, gorgeous y hair and piercing brown eyes and that sinful smile.

                “Elegant white roses for an elegant man.” Sehun smiled, handing over a lovely bouquet of white roses.

                “You’ve seen me running on the beach, Sehun.”

                “Fine, you’re an elegantly clumsy person.”

                “That doesn’t make sense.”

                “Doesn’t have to.” Sehun leaned in to capture Luhan’s red lips. Luhan sighed, wrapping his arms around Sehun for support. After a year, he still felt his knees go weak every time Sehun kissed him.

                He’ll probably feel like this every time for the rest of his life.

                “This is a great meal Luhan!” Sehun gushed, taking another bite of potatoes. Luhan nodded. Kyungsoo had definitely outdone himself this time.

                “You were lying when you said you were a lousy cook.”

                “Well technically…”

                “This pea soup is scrumptious.”

                “Sehun,” Luhan put down his fork and sighed. “I have to be honest.”

                “What is it?”

                “I didn’t make this meal. By myself that is.” Luhan gulped, chewing his bottom lip. “I had my friend help me.”

                A quiet moment passed, enveloping the couple in a pregnant silence. Luhan felt like crying. What if he had let Sehun down?

                “I’m sorry. I just wanted to impress you.”

                “You don’t have to.” Sehun smiled. ‘It’s the other way around. I feel like I’m the one who has to impress you.”

                “Why?”

                “Have you seen yourself in the mirror?” Luhan smiled a little, picking up his fork. “I did make that rose on your plate.”

                “Ah, carrot rose.” Sehun picked up the unknown object that looked like something NASA had misplaced and popped it in his mouth. The carrot crunched in his mouth and he gave a thumbs up.

                “Best thing I ever tasted.”

                “Liar.” Luhan tried frowning but it didn’t work. The damned corners of his lips flipped up again.

                “I wasn’t lying. Do you know how much effort it takes to create something like that?”

                “I did work up a sweat in the kitchen. I almost cut my finger too.”

                “Poor baby.” Sehun lifted Luhan’s soft hand and kissed the back of it.

                “Stop making me feel like a girl.”

                “I’m trying to romance you.”

                “Well you stink, stop it.”

                “Then what am I doing here?”

                 Luhan laughed and so did he.

                They laughed all through the night, telling lame jokes, swapping theories of death and TV shows and just staring at each other. Sehun carried his lovely boyfriend to the bed, gently placing kisses on his forehead. Luhan closed his eyes as he felt Sehun’s warm skin against his. He gasped when Sehun’s lips landed on somewhere ticklish, feeling the electrifying pleasure shoot through his body.

                Luhan ended up placing his sweaty forehead against Sehun’s sculpted chest, one hand feeling his toned abs. Sehun kissed the top of Luhan’s head.

                “I was wrong. You are the best thing I ever tasted, not the damn potatoes and pea soup.”

                “Even my carrot rose?” Luhan chuckled.

                “Even that.” Sehun kissed him again and wrapped his arms around his waist. “Sleep well. I’ll see you tomorrow when I wake up.”

                “See you.”

                “See you.”

                Because goodbyes are not for them. And they never will be.

                                                                ****************

                “I could use a little help here, Xiumin.”

                “In what?”

                “What flowers would you use in a proposal?”

                “You’re going to propose to Sehun?”

                Luhan nodded. “After 5 years, I’m ready to settle down. And there’s no better person for that than Sehun.”

                Xiumin smiled. “I’m so happy for you!” he hugged his friend tightly. “And to answer your question, I think some red roses would be lovely.”

                “I was thinking the same thing.”

                “You could get 14 of them, tie a piece of paper to each one, and have them spell out ‘will you marry me’.”

                “Will he like that?”

                “He will at least find it difficult to turn you down.” Xiumin laughed at Luhan’s twisted face in disappointment.

                But Luhan took Xiumin’s advice anyways. He took 14 red roses and a lovely ring that he spent 5 months’ worth of salary to buy. He and Sehun had agreed to meet at a park since the weather was good. Luhan saw Sehun coming towards him and his heart skipped a beat.

                “Hey Sehun!”

                “Lulu,” Sehun called, using the nickname that Luhan finds terribly embarrassing. “Before you say anything, I have something I need to tell you.”

                “But so do I. See, I…”

                Sehun instantly fell on one knee. He held out three roses. “One is my past, one is my present and the last one is my future.” He handed the third rose to Luhan and Luhan gasped at the shiny object in the middle of the rose. It was a gorgeous Cartier ring.

                “Se…Sehun…”

                “My future is with you, Luhan. Please, will you marry me?”

                Luhan cried. He felt the hot tears spring down his cheeks before lunging forward, almost knocking Sehun with his powerful hug. “Yes, oh god yes!!” he had thrown his own bouquet carelessly to the side as Sehun swung him around in his arms.

                “God Luhan I love you so much.”

                “I love you too.” Luhan kissed Sehun, smiling into the kiss. “I wanted to propose to you first though.”

                “You did?” Sehun grabbed the 14 red roses and handed them back. “Your turn then. I’ll let you have a chance.”

                Luhan chuckled and got down on one knee. “Read the letters on the roses.”

                “Let’s see…will…you…marry…” Sehun stopped for a while and tried to hide his laughter.

                “Will you marry me, Oh Sehun?”

                “Yes.” Sehun picked Luhan up and they swung each other in their arms, giggling and kissing non-stop.

                “My proposal was cheesy. Yours was more romantic.” Luhan said.

                “I doubt it. I was nearly tearing up at yours. And I love the ring you gave me.”

                “It’s no Cartier.”

                “It doesn’t have to be. The fact that you even want to marry me is worth more than all the Cartier’s in the world.”

                After a night of drinks, food and multiple congratulations messages from everyone they know, Sehun finally dropped Luhan off at Luhan’s apartment. He was not going to stay there long.

                “See you, my lovely husband.”

                “See you.”

                The next morning, Luhan got up and answered a ringing doorbell. There stood his fiancé.

                The best thing about ‘see you’ is that you always will.

                                                                                ***************

                “How do you like the walls?”

                “I like the peach colour. Yellow makes me puke.”

                “I thought yellow was colourful.”

                “Yellow reminds me of an egg yolk. I hate egg yolks.” Luhan gagged silently, walking hand in hand with Sehun.

                “Look at this. We’re going to get married in 2 weeks and we can’t decide what colour we want our walls to be.”

                “I want peach.”

                “I still like yellow.”

                “You’ve got weird tastes.”

                “I am marrying you aren’t I?” Sehun skilfully dodged Luhan’s fist and they laughed. They walked past a novelty shop and Sehun paused to look at the shop window. A set of cat figurines caught his eye.

                “I’ve always wanted to have cats.” Sehun said. “Later I found out I was allergic to fur. Boy was I sad.”

                “We should get a hairless one then.”

                “Maybe. Or we could just settle with these figurines. Look,” Sehun pulled him closer. “I’m the orange one; you can be the green one. And our future kids the small ones.”

                “Nah, too much work.” Luhan shook his head, dragging Sehun behind him.

                Just like that, the animal figurines were forgotten.

                Not for long anyways.

                                                                ******************

                “Congratulations!!” A drunken Kyungsoo appeared, holding hands with his boyfriend Kai. Looks like someone had one too many drinks at a wedding reception.

                “Thank you Kyungsoo!” Luhan smiled, trying to avoid Kyungsoo’s shaky drink.

                “I’m so happy! My friend is finally married. May you have many happy moments and kids!” Kyungsoo cheered. ‘You will make me uncle to all those kids right?”

                “Of course, Kyungsoo.” Sehun smiled. “How can we forget you?”

                “Damn right!” Kyungsoo burped loudly. “Jonginnie, get me another drink.”

                “Congratulations you guys,” Xiumin smiled, his hands raised with a drink in it. He was busy chatting with Yixing, a friend he bought to the wedding.

                “You might wanna watch out for your friend.” Sehun whispered to Luhan.

                “He’ll be fine.” Luhan sighed. He shook his head and looked at Sehun. “I didn’t know weddings were so exhausting.”

                “Neither did I. Can’t we take a rain check on our wedding and call it a night?”

                “We should. I can’t wait to get out of this sweaty tux.”

                “I can’t wait to see you out of it.” Sehun smirked. “I can finally see you without feeling guilty.”

                “You never did.”

                “True.” Sehun kissed Luhan, hands roaming lower and lower. Before they ended up doing something highly inappropriate in front of everyone, Luhan pulled apart for a while.

                “Hang on. I got you something.” He pulled out a box. “Here’s to us forever and always.”

                “Oh my god,” Sehun opened the box to find the two cat figurines. The orange and green ones.

                “You are the orange and I’m the green.”

                “I love you Luhan.”

                “I love you too Sehun.”

                                                *********************

                “He’s beautiful.” Luhan cooed, looking at the beautiful boy in his arms.

                “Isn’t it amazing? The birth of a new life.” Sehun smiled, running a finger softly against the baby’s cheek.

                “What should we call him?”

                “How about Sehan? A mixture of our names. Because that is what he is. You and me combined.”

                “It’s a beautiful name.” Luhan smiled, letting Sehan hold onto his pinky finger. His heart could melt. He has never felt so blessed. A loving husband, and now a beautiful son.

                That night, after Luhan put Sehan to bed, Sehun showed up with a little gift.

                “It’s a blue kitty.” He held up the kitty figurine. He put it down right next to the orange and green ones they placed by the windowsill. “One for each member of the family.”

                “It’s adorable.”

                “And the number is sure to increase.” Sehun smiled. The couple kissed. Luhan picked up a book and started reading, while Sehun flipped the newspaper. When the little cuckoo bird in the clock went off, it was time for bed.

                “Good night Luhan. Sleep well.”

                “Good night Sehun. See you.”

                “See you.”

                                                                                **************

                “Come on Sehun!”

                “I’m coming!” Sehun panted, carrying the basket with him. “Since when did this park get so big?”

                “What are you talking about? You used to be able to run across in just a few minutes!” Luhan held Sehan’s hand, his feet wobbling away underneath him as he practiced walking.

                “It’s a great day for a picnic eh?” Luhan smiled, feeling the warm sun against his skin. He looked to his left and found Sehun slumped down on the ground.

                “Hey Sehun! Wake up!”

                Sehun jolted up and Sehan took this as a sign and climbed into his daddy’s lap. “Sorry. Warm sun makes me think of nothing but sleep.”

                “You’re forgiven.” Luhan said. He always forgives Sehun. The family played for a little while, enjoying the sunshine and the delicious sandwiches.

                Night fall came again. The Oh family were back at home. Sehun tucked Sehan in bed, singing him his regular lullaby. He came back to his shared room with Luhan. He plopped down and kissed Luhan.

                “What’s that for?” Luhan asked him.

                “Nothing. I just wanted to kiss you.”

                Luhan chuckled. “It’s late, go to bed.”

                “Good night Luhan.”

                “Good night Sehun.”

                “See you.”

                “See you.”

                The worst part of ‘see you’ is that you only think you always will.

                                                                ****************

                Luhan woke up. He stretched his arms and sat up. He rubbed his eyes and patted his side.

                It was empty.

                Luhan panicked. He ran his hands all over the other side. He jumped out of bed and tore open his closet. It had clothes, none of which belonged to him.

                He sat back down, feeling his head and his heart ache.

                It was all a dream. I dreamt about me and Sehun. Again. Everything, from him coming to meet me 45 days earlier and even Sehan.

                Sehun left two years ago. God decided that he loved Sehun more, so he took him. Luhan cursed God. He spent many nights, many hours, many days cursing him.

                Why would you give me a gift only to take it away?

                Those two years were rough on Luhan. He had to raise Sehan all by himself. He had to work and pay all of the unpaid medical bills they used to treat Sehun. Sehun told him it was a waste. “Why waste the money trying to save me? I’m going to die anyways. You should save the money for yourself and Sehan.”

                Luhan remembered slapping Sehun that day, insisting he was going to save him no matter what. He remembered crying and hugging together with Sehun. Sehun blamed himself. He was a useless father and an even worse husband, according to him.

                But Luhan said no. Sehun was the best thing that could ever happen to him.

                Mornings were rough. Because for a brief while, everything seemed okay. But when reality seeped in, that was when everything crumbles. He had friends to help, including Xiumin, who is a very, very special friend. Luhan fell back on bed, trying to fall asleep again.

                I will wake up to here a door knock. It will be Sehun, telling me he’s coming to see me. It will be Sehun. He’s coming home. And we’ll fall in love, date and get married again.

                Minutes later, Luhan woke up to the sound of a door knock. He jumped to his feet.

                When he answered the door, it was a shorter male with round eyes and dark hair.

                “Hey,” Xiumin said. “I bought breakfast for you and Sehan.”

                “Xiu…min…”

                “Are you okay? What’s wrong?”

                “I’m fine. I just…I was having a bad dream.”

                Xiumin leaned forward to kiss Luhan. “Let’s go in.”

                The couple walked in and Sehan was already awake. “Minnie!” he smiled, hugging his uncle Xiu. Luhan smiled, loving the way Xiumin’s eyes lit up every time he saw Sehan. Luhan heard a small crash in his room. He opened the door to check it out.

                On the floor was the broken orange kitty. Cracked and hollow.

                “The wind must have blown it over.” Xiumin went in to pick up the pieces. Luhan eyed the cracked china and the empty spot by the window. There were only two cats left, and it looked so lonely.

                “Luhan, have you thought about it?”

                “About what?”

                “My proposal. I asked you to marry me yesterday.” Xiumin put the pieces aside and held Luhan’s hand. “What do you say?”

                Luhan looked at the broken cat. An empty spot. Two lonely cats.

                Xiumin could fill that. He could be a father for Sehan, who deserved it more than anyone else.

                Maybe the universe is trying to say yes. Maybe this is God’s way of saying yes.

                Maybe even Sehun’s way of saying yes.

                “Yes.”

                                                                ****************

                Luhan married for the second time. Having Xiumin vastly improved their lives. No more lonely nights, no more unpaid bills, no more empty seats and no more single-parent photos.

                Luhan couldn’t have asked for a better companion than Xiumin, a best friend, soul mate and husband who understood him better than he knew himself. Xiumin was a wonderful father, loving and caring for Sehan as if he was his own. The family was complete and happy. They even got a brown cat to replace the broken one on the windowsill, now there are no more lonely cats.

                Luhan loved Sehun, and he loves Xiumin. He’s doing the best he can for his son, and also for his own happiness. He knew Sehun would have wanted the exact same thing.

                “Luhan, I have something for you.” Xiumin said, holding up a box and walking to the window.

                “What is it?”

                “Sehun is your first love. The man who made all this possible.” He said, looking at Luhan softly. “I don’t want you to forget him.”

                “How can I? I can never forget him.”

                “I know.” Xiumin smiled warmly. “I just want you to know that he is family. Always.”

                And he puts something on the windowsill.

                The broken orange cat. Taped and fixed.

               

A/N: The beginning is a part of Luhan's dream. It's like a dream in a dream. I also didn't want to make Xiumin seemed like the bad guy, what with all the Xiuhan vs Hunhan thing going on. When you lose a lover, yes it is painful. Perhaps in time you will learn to love another, and that shouldn't be a crime. That's the message I was trying to get across. Luhan was never going to forget Sehun.

If you have time, do check out my other fic, The Porcelain Dolls (if you haven't already). XD

Lots of love you guys!