[SS1 -- SunMinFany] It Hurts to Love

"I am, Cinderella?" Side stories

a/n: this is the first sidestory for IAC~ this can be read even if you didn't read the main story~ ^^ but i hope you'll finally understand the situation bet sunminfany~ ^^

[Previously… Tiffany looks at the person in front of her in horror, her cheek burned from the slap that she’d received. The only question was as to why, why did she do it?
 
“Sunny…” she called, her voice as faint as a whisper. “Sunny, why--?”
 
“I hate you.” Sunny said, firmly, with so much conviction that Tiffany felt hurt. Sunny’s eyes glared at hers for a mere second , but Tiffany saw it, the teary look in her eyes. She saw her turned and left quickly.]
 
SIDESTORY 1
 
Sungmin sits in his class, obviously bored to hell with the lesson. He stares outside, as the teacher continues his lesson, which half—or rather most of the students were ignoring. He was also included.
 
He just wanted to go outside and find Tiffany. Her friends said that Sooyoung and Kyuhyun were her classmates, but she wasn’t there when they arrived. He wanted to stay and wait, but the Kyuhyun guy was glaring at him so much that he decided to leave. He honestly doesn’t know what he did to annoy the guy.
 
It’s been 2 years, since he last saw her, they were still in junior high then. He, Tiffany and Sunny, they’ve been together since they were in kindergarten. They were the best of friends, but it all shattered when Tiffany left for the states.
 
Sungmin was walking to school when he saw someone familiar, he smiled and ran to her.
 
“Hey! Sunny-ah~” he called as he tapped her shoulder.
 
Sunny turned and smiled immediately when he saw Sungmin. “Hey… Good morning~”
 
“Morning~” he said happily.
 
Sunny noticed how happy Sungmin is, and smiled to herself as she likes seeing him so happy.  “You seem happy, what’s the occasion?” she asks.
 
“Hm… nothing…” he said, as they walked. “I’m just excited.”
 
“Excited for what?” Sunny asks.
 
“Hm…” he looks around, then lowered his head to Sunny’s. “I’m going to confess to Tiffay later!” he whispered.
 
“W-what?” Sunny said aloud in shock. She opens to say something but nothing came out, she was speechless.
 
“Ya… don’t shout!” Sugnmin said.
 
“But—when?”
 
“Maybe at lunch? Or maybe dismissal time…” he said, shrugging.
 
“Really…” she said quietly. “Aren’t you supposed to be nervous or something? I mean you aren’t really sure that she’ll accept you… or… sorry…” Sunny added.
 
“Well, I’m not… and I can wait.” He said, he looks at her and she doesn’t seem happy, he actually expected her to be all excited and be supportive, but that’s the opposite of what’s he’s seeing now. “You could at least wish me luck…”
 
“Huh? Oh right… Good luck.” Sunny forced a smile, which he didn’t fail to notice. But he didn’t think of it much.
 
“Thanks…” Sugnmin smiled back, as they entered the school gate.
 
Sungmin and Sunny arrived in their classroom, but Tiffany wasn’t there yet. They waited, though Sunny looked like she just wanted to not be there at all, until the bell rang and the teacher came.
 
Sungmin sat down in his desk, he was beginning to worry. ‘Maybe she’s just a bit late…’ he told himself.
 
“Class… I’m sorry to inform you that your classmate Hwang Tiffany won’t be with us anymore… she and her family left for the states for very urgent reasons. She said she that she wants to say thank you to all of you and sorry that she can’t say goodbye properly…”
 
Sungmin couldn’t believe it and refused to believe it before. But it was true, eh went to their house after and it was already empty. He felt betrayed and hurt, because she didn’t tell him.
 
It had a big effect on him, he sulked about it for months, and on the process, his friendship with Sunny was affected as well, he won’t stay and chat with someone about it. But it didn’t only had an effect on him, also on Sunny, that he failed to notice in the past. She became a mean girl and hateful, which was really not her.
 
But even though she changed, Sunny was still there for him. though she told him to move on already and just look for someone else, which he can’t, he can’t easily forget Tiffany, she was his first love.
 
And like he said, he can wait. No matter how long the wait is.
 
&&
 
Sunny stares at her cellphone, mentally debating whether to sned him a message or not. She’s sure that he isn’t going to reply, let alone read it. But still, at the back of her mind, there was this hint of hope that maybe he will. But what will she say?
 
She sighed and just her phone back in her pocket.
 
Why did it come to this? Her friendship with Sungmin and Tiffany, she missed those times in their junior high that they were happy before Sungmin fell for Tiffany, before Tiffany left, and even before she fell for Sungmin.
 
She didn’t know that falling in love with your best friend was hard. Even harder when the person is in love with someone else, and that someone else is your best friend.
 
She was actually relieved when Tiffany told her that she didn’t like Sungmin, that she likes him only as a friend. It created a chance for her, for her and Sungmin to be together. She hoped.
 
But unexpectedly one day, Sungmin told her that he’s going to confess, she felt deeply hurt, her heart broken into billion tiny pieces. However, it was also the same day that Tiffany left for the states.
 
She didn’t really know what to feel back then happy? Maybe a bit, she was really relieved about it. But she was also felt hurt and betrayed by Tiffany. And she actually thought that Sungmin would give up, she understands being hurt at first. But he just sulked and pushed everyone away, including her.
 
He didn’t talk to her for a long time, and she was hurt by it, but it hurts more because she sees Sungmin so hurt, much more than her.
 
It was then that she developed hatred towards Tiffany.
 
&&
 
Tiffany couldn’t concentrate throughout the whole lesson, and just stared blankly ahead, she wanted to know why Sunny slapped her, and she decided to do something about it.
 
The bell rang finally, indicating the last period over and she immediately arranged her things, she looks at Sooyoung who was looking at her, confused.
 
“Fany-ah, why are you such in a rush?” Sooyoung asks.
 
“I… well, I have to do… something…” Tiffany said as she finished arranging her things. “I have to go soo, you can go on without me. Bye!” she said quickly, and hurriedly went out of the room.
 
She walks along the junior floor, she remembered she didn’t know what class Sunny was in, but she also didn’t have the time to ask. She looks around while she walks briskly. And then she sees her, looks like she didn’t have to ask after all.
 
She practically ran just to get to Sunny, who was a bit far from where she was. But she didn’t. she lost her with the constant flooding of the students, and someone was holding her hand, stopping her to move forward.
 
“Let me go! What are you--!” she tried to get loose from the grasp, but when she looked, she stopped suddenly.
 
She’d always remember his very unique lips, and his pretty face.
 
“Sungmin?”
 
 -tbc-