Final.

Age-Height

a/n: unnie, i hope you'll like it~ and everyone else too~

thank you for reading!

enjoy~


 

 

 

 

It is a day like every other. Sungyeol is sitting behind his desk, doing his work and already counting the seconds in his mind.

'5, 4, 3, 2, 1-'

"HYUNG!"

He can't help but sigh in defeat as someone enters his office in a not so polite manner.

"Hyung, hyung, hyung!"

Sungyeol can already feel how old he becomes just by the boy's loud voice.

"Sungjong-sshi, can you tune down your voice, please?" The CEO's secretary tries to calm down the too excited boy but fails.

A groan escapes from the tall male. "Sungjong-ah." he scolds. "It's not even midday and you're supposed to be at school."

The boy laughs. "Hyung, school was canceled today because a student almost set the school on fire."

His eyes go wide. "And why are you laughing again?"

"Because he was so stupid to tell the whole school he was going to do it and the day he was ready to burn down our school the only thing that was on fire was his jacket." The younger bursts out laughing, not even trying to hold it in because of this fail attempt.

"Ah." is the only thing he gets out of the elder.

He scoffs. "Hyung, you should laugh too." And he pouts and blinks with his eyes because he knows what an effect his aegyo has on his hyung.

"Yah, don't look at me like this. I've other things to do than laughing." Sungyeol goes on with double checking the papers in front of him. He needs to get those out today.

"Hyuuuuuuuuuuung~" Sungjong whines. "Why are you so mean to me today?"

He doesn't even look up when he answers, "I'm not mean, I'm just doing my work." His fingers run over every detail of the documents, trying to concentrate on the content.

"Hyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuung~~~" The boy tries again. He just wants to spend time with his hyung, what is wrong with that?

The CEO gives his best in ignoring the younger. He has way more important things to do than being Sungjong's babysitter.

As a sob comes out of the students mouth, his eyes searches for his face, trying to read what happened that makes him cry. "What's wrong?" he asks, ready to stand up and help him because he cares for this boy, like a lot. "Did the student's burning jacket come in touch with you???"

"H-hyung.." The shorter boy remains standing in front of his table, tears streaming down his face.

"Sungjong-ah." Sungyeol is quicker than both think beside the younger and envelopes him in his arms. "Tell me. Or do you want to eat to feel better? What about ice cream or going to this small cafe across the street?"

The student just nods, enjoying his hyung's arms around him, giving him a feeling of security and safeness.

In fact, both know the shorter boy is acting. But both also know that if he wouldn't get to spend time with Sungyeol then he would be screwed. (Because Sungjong can be annoying as hell when he wants to.)

"Now, stop crying those fake tears, you know you're all ugly the moment your eyes are red and puffy, don't you?"

That earned him several slaps on his chest but they still are hugging each other, neither one of them wanting to let go.

"But.."

"Hm?"

Sungjong is fiddling with the hem of his jacket. "Can we consider it as a d-date?"

"Yah, didn't we already have a detailed argument about that a year ago?" Sungyeol doesn't want this to be the topic of their relationship again. They are just friends, nothing more, nothing less. "I told you, you're too young to be saying this stuff to me." It is exhausting. Handling his dongsaeng is a lot of work, way worse than his usual work in the office.

"That was last year! Now I'm 21 and I'm considered an adult now, okay?" The younger pushes his hyung away, glaring up to him. "I love you and nothing will ever change that. Either you accept it or never get used to me saying it day for day until you're happy with someone else."

It is no secret that ever since the shorter met him he fell for his  Sungyeol hyung.

-

(Their first date is weird but funny.)

 

"I hate you for being such a ... bad dongsaeng."

"I love you too."

They are currently sitting in the cafe across the street, Sungyeol with his Americano and Sungjong with a cup of tee.

"I thought you're an adult now?" the elder grins.

The student puffs his cheeks with air. "You know you're an arse, don't you?"

"Now, now, language. Little Jjong shouldn't use these bad words."

"Stop teasing me!"

"Make me."

They stare at each other and then suddenly burst out laughing.

"We're both immature."

"Yah." Sungyeol glares at his dongsaeng. "I'm much older and wiser and manlier than you!"

"Okay."

Silence falls over them. Only slurping sounds are heard, other people's chats filling the silent treatment they give each other.

"Look, I-"

"Who was your first love?" Sungjong cut him off mid-sentence.

Taken aback, the tall male blinks a few times. After seconds of gaping at the younger, he finally answers, "Nam Jihyun. She was and still is my love."

"Tell me more."

Even without telling him to continue, he does anyway.

"We were both in high school when we first met." He sighs, the memories long forgotten refreshing his mind "She's older than me but that never prevented us to be friends and spend time together. We became a couple after 6 months of knowing each other but.." He sighs another time. "We broke up. The moment we graduated from high school and were about to move on to college together, she told me she'd study abroad for some time. She didn't want to break up, neither did I want to loose her. But we promised each other to never forget the time we had together."

The student watches his hyung telling him his story, with his heart aching.

"I never really got over her. I always waited for her to come back but she didn't and so I did loose hope day for day. However, I can't help but still be hoping for her to find me."

Their eyes meet and Sungyeol then feels weird.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I didn-"

"It's okay, I asked you, didn't I?"

 

Their first date doesn't end like average dates do.

Because the CEO walks his dongsaeng home, the younger zoning out the whole time.

Because the student starts to cry.

Because Sungyeol wipes away those tears.

Because the elder kisses his forehead as an apology.

-

(Their second date is like the first date. Weird but funny.)

 

"Yah! When did I ever agree to another date??" the tall male asks, not believing he has to went through another thing like the last time again.

"I told you, didn't I? And this is your punishment for treating me like a kid." He stuck out his tongue at his hyung and runs away to the park.

They play with a ball, chase after each other and eat the ice cream Sungyeol had promised to buy him if he'd stop pouting.

"It's funny." The elder states, leaning back on the grass and closing his eyes. It is indeed relaxing to just enjoy the moment with the younger.

"I know. Everything is, as long as you're with me."

Sungjong is shoved away because he is way too cheesy.

"It's true, isn't it?"

Silence falls over them a second time. But it's comfortable and neither one is bothered by not talking.

The sun is slowly setting, the rays of orange and red coloring the sky, giving out a warm feeling.

"Then, should I walk you home now?"

Sungyeol stands up and reaches out his hand for the boy, ready to pull him up.

"Do you...hate me? For being a bother.."

He eyed the younger. "Why do you think that way?" he asks back.

"Because- Nevermind! Let's go home."

 

The date ends like the first.

Because the CEO walks his dongsaeng home, the younger zoning out the whole time.

Because the student starts to cry.

Because Sungyeol wipes away those tears.

Because the elder kisses his forehead as an apology.

-

(The third date is nothing like the two ious ones.)

 

The moment Sungyeol sights Sungjong, he starts to feel weird.

The young boy is in company of a young girl, probably the same age as him, and the worst thing about her is that she looks like his girlfriend.

'Sungyeol, what are you thinking?!'

He quickly shakes his head to get rid of this thought and approaches them. "Hey." he says and waves at the two, obviously immersed in their conversation. "I'm sorry if I interrupted you. If you don't have time, it's okay. Honestly, I've work to do in the office." He doesn't lie but he has plenty of time to finish them.

"Oh, you must be Sungyeol-sshi." The girl smiles at him. "My name is Yoo Jiae, Sungjong's best friend. Nice to meet you." She bows slightly, the smile never leaving her lips (though, in his eyes it does falter a bit).

"She wanted to meet you." His date scratches the back of his head and blushes.

"After listening to all his stories I wanted to finally meet you in person. And he sure didn't exaggerate, you're really handsome, Sungyeol oppa​!"

It's like a punch in the face. That oppa is too sweet and too sincer.

And like heaven wants to interfere in this moment, the eldest phone rings.

"Excuse me." He distances himself from the couple friends and picks up the call. "What's wrong? What happened?"

The caller is his brother.

While he is busy with trying to explain his baby brother how to handle his work, Sungjong and Jiae are talking.

"He's nice."

"I believe you."

"I'm serious. He can be grumpy and cold sometimes but that's just when he meets new people."

"Jjong, I said I believe you. Why would I hate your love anyways?"

They hug each other.

"Thank you for coming. I really appreciate it. I love you."

It's not the I love you Sungjong always throws at Sungyeol, it's the I love you that shows how much he loves his best friend. But just as a friend.

The smile falls for a few seconds of Jiae's face and her heart is breaking. Although she's known for enduring any kind of pain, this time it really feels like she looses him for real.

"I love you too." she whispers in his ear, near her tears, but still manages to flash him a smile before she pushes him forward.

Sungjong stumbles a bit and waits until his hyung comes back to him, glancing back at her friend for a few seconds to assure himself that she's fine.

"I'm sorry but- Huh? Where's your friend?" is the first thing the CEO says to his dongsaeng.

"Left, she's busy herself." The younger smiles.

Sungyeol nods. "Then I'll leave too."

"Eh?" the student wonders, "Why?"

"My baby brother called, he doesn't know what he's supposed to do. I'm going to help him." Now that Jiae is gone, he feels bad leaving the boy alone.

"Then I'm coming with you." he states. "We can have an office date."

The tall male never will know what a mystery Sungjong is in reality.

But everything turns out to be a bad idea. Not because it doesn't work but because Daeyeol isn't thrilled to meet the person that stalks his hyung year for year..

"What does he want from you?" The so-called baby brother has a frown on his face and he glares at the younger.

The eldest explains, "He's going to help us. Since someone is too stupid to handle my stuff."

"Hyung, you know it's my first time doing things on my own. How should I know what to do? You were always there for me." Daeyeol looks sad at his brother, then back with an angry expression at the boy next to him. "And just because you've a date with him you couldn't help me and I'm at fault when things go wrong. Great." He's exaggerating but his brother always is there when he needs him and doing things without him is like something is missing.

"Hey." Sungyeol envelopes him in his arms. "You'll always be my baby brother, okay? Don't sulk, it doesn't suit you. I promise you I'll be there when you'll need me, I always was and always will, do you hear me?"

He nods and everything is bright again.

Except Sungjong. He feels like a third wheel. "I forgot, there are assignments I need to take care of. I'm leaving first." He suppresses the urge to cry at that very moment but it's hard and he's hurting. As he's almost at the door, he's aware of someone beside him.

"I'm sorry, this isn't the best date, is it?"

"Don't worry, hyung." The student assures him that it's okay because both haven't time and they can meet up another time.

"I'll walk you home."

"I'm not a girl."

Sungyeol grins down at him. "I'm walking you home, that's the end of it."

Both are quiet on the way back to Sungjong's apartment. It isn't late but there aren't many people on the street.

"Say," the elder breaks the ice between them, "why don't you date her?"

Snapping out of his thoughts, the shorter boy looks at him. "Who?" he asks confused.

"Your best friend, Yoo Jiae." He grits those words out of his mouth, it still gives him a weird feeling. "Why don't you want her as your girlfriend?"

The boy drops his gaze at the ground. "I wouldn't dare. She's too precious to me and I don't want to loose her. I don't want to cross the line."

"So, there are actually deep feelings for her?" He sounds way too mean but he can't control it.

"No, there aren't."

"Don't lie to me. I'm your hyung." Sungyeol is pushing it too far. What is control again? "C'mon, go date her. You'll be the most gorgeous couple I've ever seen."

"Hyung." he warns him.

"Why won't you propose to her right away? In that way you spare a lot of time. Because time is money, right?"

"Sungyeol!" Sungjong stops in his tracks and turns to his side, facing him. "Shut the up. You don't know anything." He gulps down the lump that is forming in his throat. "Don't go on like you know us because you don't. Stop it." He turns around to face the door of the staircase up to his apartment. "See you around, hyung." With that words said, he was about to open the door but is stopped on his first attempt.

"Jjong." The taller feels the guilt almost eating him up. "I'm sorry, okay. I got carried away.." It isn't far from the truth but the younger doesn't know this.

"You say you got carried away." The question is more like an angry statement. "What the is wrong with you?" He turns around and looks straight into his hyung's eyes. "First Jiae, then your brother and now you? Why do I deserve this?" And he cries.

"S-sungjong.."

"You know what?" he says without even trying to wipe away his tears, "I hate you. Today is finally the day I start to hate you. Why do I even talk to you, you're not worth it." He wants to turn away but he's stopped again. But this time something happens that neither one of them expects.

Sungyeol grabs him by his arms.

Sungyeol brings him closer to his body.

Sungyeol kisses him.

Two pair of lips meet in a chaste kiss.

The moment is broken when the elder draws back. He kisses the younger's eyes and then his cheeks until his long arms encircle themselves around his body.

"I'm sorry." he murmurs into his hair. A last kiss on top of his head and the student is alone, the taller going back to his brother and leaving a dumbfounded boy behind.

-

They don't meet up for a very long time.

They do wonder about the other 24/7 but they can't help it. It isn't pride that holds them back. It's the fear connected with unknown feelings.

They live on, day for day, but everyone around them notices the change in their personality. They get advised to meet up but it's hard. So, their friends need to take this in their hands.

One fine afternoon, they fake to meet up.

Sungyeol is supposed to meet up with his baby brother. (He finally accepts the way his brother is (though he himself is in a relationship with a boy).)

Sungjong is supposed to meet up with Jiae. (She let go and finally finds someone who loves her back (because Sungjong never loved her, even though he tried hard in the past).)

They don't meet up in the cafe across the street.

They meet up in the park where their second date took place.

Although they're supposed to find each other right away, it isn't like this at all.

Sungjong is searching for his best friend, scanning every girl that happens to be in the park.

Sungyeol is busy talking on the phone with a CEO of another company, the one his company wants to merge with.

They're standing right beside each other, their backs turned to each other. They're too occupied with searching for the one they come in the first place.

One step back and they bump into each other.

"Ah, I'm so-"

With wide eyes they stare at each other.

Sungjong wants to run away, he isn't ready to be confronted. It still hurts him. He doesn't want to be played with. "Bye, hyung." Those words sound foreign to him.

"Sungjong-" but the younger already escapes. "Aish." The tall male ruffles his hair in frustration.

'Why did I kiss him?'

-

The next day is a Sunday but it isn't a peaceful day for neither one of them.

The student cries himself to sleep and now his face is all swollen and it's hard to open his eyes.

The CEO doesn't even get out of bed because of the hangover he is going through.

-

New week, new chances.

Sungyeol is currently making himself busy with all documents that need to be signed and all the reports he needs to have a look at.

"Sungyeol, have a break. This work is due next week." His secretary always is worried about his boss. But lately he's overdoing it and it isn't good for the both them.

"Hyung. I'm fine. See." He flashes his gummy smile at the elder but fails. It's fake. He sighs in defeat. "Maybe a break isn't a bad idea?" he asks himself and stands up. "Will you be alright without me? Just for today.."

"Of course, Howon is always ready."

"Thank you, Sunggyu hyung." The CEO hugs his secretary.

"No big deal. Come back relaxed, okay?"

He hums and makes his way out.

The tall male isn't really pleased with the free time he gets. Sure, it's good to have time to think, however he doesn't want to think. It pains him to think about the boy he hurts just with being with him.

'Sungjong.. I wonder how he's doing.' he thinks.

As if on cue, the boy walks a few feet away from him. But not alone. And that's what bothers him.

'Why?'

Sungyeol isn't the type to be jealous. He can hold it back for the sake of being friendly and nice. But with Sungjong it's different. He never really thought about it but now that he sees the younger with his best friend again, he feels like .

With Jihyun he never had the feeling to protect her. She's independent, she's his noona and almost two years older. She never wanted his help. And he was okay with that.

But why now?

He is sure he hasn't deep feelings for the boy. He simply can't. They're ten years apart, for god's sake! It isn't right. Sungjong has a bright life ahead of him and Sungyeol isn't someone to destroy it with being selfish. And one can't be selfish if he hasn't any deep feelings and Sungyeol hasn't any. So; why does he feel weird looking at their linked arms, talking comfortably and being all cute?

He doesn't get it.

He's used to be surrounded by the younger and now, with almost two and a half weeks without seeing each other (except the little encounter in the park) is a torture. When did he become used to the student confessing him his love?

The tall male is awaken from his thoughts as he's pulled back.

"Huh?"

He doesn't know what is going on but he breathes in a scent he misses and sees soft hair he loves and then the voice he'd recognized everywhere spoke up.

"Are you a freaking idiot??"

It's cute. Really. Sungyeol feels good with the younger yelling at him.

'I know what this feeling is.'

"Do you want to die that bad?!"

He chuckles and reaches out for the body he craves for. He presses himself onto the boy and breathes in the scent of him again, not wanting to miss it out and enjoys it.

"Sungjong." he cracks out, his voice betraying him. Overwhelming feelings are always hard to control. "I missed you." he whispers.

They stay like this, the people around them eyeing the couple and cursing them for blocking the way.

"I missed you too, hyung."

-

(Their fourth date is awkward. Just awkward.)

 

Without knowing, they start to become shy around the other. The kiss sure has an effect on their relationship.

"I...wanted to apologize." the elder says into the cold night, "I shouldn't have yelled at you like this."

Sungjong only nods. He can't look him in the eyes, it's embarrassing.

"And I also want to apologize for my brother's behavior that day and my behavior towards Jiae wasn't that good either. Actually, I need to apologize for everything I did in the past. I know I shouldn't have let you get your hopes all up. It wasn't fair. I don't understand why you still agreed to another date. What if I will do something stupid again?"

He talks too much and the younger wasn't thrilled to listen to a lecture about how sorry his hyung is. However, he was smirking. "Something stupid?" he asks back and steals a sweet kiss from the taller, "Something like this?"

 

The date ends like this.

They are too shy to kiss another time and Sungjong still wonders how he managed up the courage to kiss Sungyeol.

-

(Their fifth kiss is an indoor date. More like a house date. Sungjong is determined to help his hyung to get well soon because the latter caught a cold.)

-

(Their sixth date isn't a real date. It's just an excuse to get touchy somewhere in between the walls of some alley.)

-

(Their seventh date is another excuse.)

-

(Their eighth date is a decision.)

 

They were strolling along the Han River, enjoying the fresh air and holding hands in public.

It's almost like they're in a drama.

And in dramas there are always big twists.

This is not an exception.

 

Immersed in their argument about lemon candy (Sungjong's only trying to convince him that they're healthy and taste good too.) they don't see a couple coming their way.

"Sungyeol? Is it you?"

And the called one freezes.

"It's really you, isn't it?"

He's unable to move. What is air again? He gulps down the urge top run away. "Jihyun noona." he presses out.

"Yah, I finally found you!" Jihyun says, smiling up at him. She looks at the man beside her and then at Sungyeol again. "Meet my Park Hyunsik. This is Lee Sungyeol, my first love."

While she introduces the both of them, the tall males eyes feel on their interlaced hands just like Jihyun's gaze falls down to their hands.

"Nice to meet you, Sungyeol-sshi." Park Hyunsik holds out his hand and smiles.

He takes his hand and covers his smile. "Nice to meet you too, Hyunsik-sshi."

The handshake doesn't last long and they're left with tension and uncomfortable silence.

"Sungyeol-ah, can I talk you you for a bit?" Jihyun then asks, pleading him with her eyes to agree.

The taller nods and walks behind her until she stops.

"I'm sorry." is the first thing that comes from her. "I should have searched for you. But, you know, it's hard to search for someone you lost years ago and I didn't know if you'd still be there where we saw each other for the last time how we promised each other." It is clear on her face that she's being honest.

"It's okay." is all he says because he can't believe that his first love is right in front of him, not far, far away anymore.

"Who is he?"

It's the question he's waiting for since they met.

"Come, I'll introduce him to you, noona."

The way he speaks to her is not like he used to talk to her. He should be happy. He should hug her. He should kiss her. He should do all those things a lover would do when his beloved one would come back. But he doesn't and this is the sign he needs.

Sungyeol intrudes the alone time of Hyunsik and Sungjong and entwines his hand with his dongsaeng's own. "Meet my boyfriend Lee Sungjong, noona." he announces more than happy. This is right. In his eyes it is and he hopes in Sungjong's eyes too because he notices the tight grip the younger has on his hand.

"Pleased to meet you, Sungjong-sshi." Hyunsik stretches out his hand again and after hesitating for a few seconds, Sungjongs takes it in his and shakes them.

He only nods in approval, because the student feels shy around people he never met before and the fact the woman is Sungyeol's first love makes it much more mortifying.

"He's cute." Jihyun states with a soft smile. "It was nice meeting you, Sungyeol-ah." Her smile falls for a millisecond but she has it under control right away. "We need to get going. But let's meet up another time, 'kay?"

"Sure." Sungyeol is distracted with the pained look on Sungjong, so he just waves the couple off.

He doesn't see Jihyun glancing a last time back nor does he see the couple talk about them because she needs to let go of someone that doesn't belong to her anymore.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

Everything's weird.

Sungyeol doesn't expect something like this to happen.

He always thought it'd be different. Different setting, different time, different everything.

It's not like he dreams of him with Sungjong meeting up with is noona but he thinks about it more than he does. So, this seems surreal for him.

"Sungjong-ah." he calls out, quiet but filled with love for the boy because he knows he loves him. "I love you." It's just right to confess. And Sungjong deserves to know his developed feelings he carries day for day.

What he doesn't expect is the student to tear up.

"Why do you always cry?" he whines but encircles his arm around him. "I love you." he whispers against the younger's hair again. "I really love you, Lee Sungjong."

He hears a sob and a soft "I-i love you to-too." and he thinks it's adorable as hell.

The tall male draws back a bit and makes the boy in his arms look up to him. "I love you." and they kiss.

All thoughts about age and height forgotten (the younger always complained he's too tall).

"I love you."

"Shut u-up."

"So cute."

He's shut up with a pair of lips pressing against his and he gets to think that he'll never get tired of them.