Mix Up- Yongguk

Jung Eunji Short Stories Collection~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He sat down, resting his head on the sofa sipping on cola. He had complained several times that they were too old to be having birthday parties with family but his mother wouldn't listen. She insisted on the party, telling him that he would always be a small kid in her eyes and opportunity for family to gather didn’t come often. His brother was no help at all, as he just shrugged and agreed with his mother. He ended up agreeing at the end.

 

Sipping on coke, he laughed the idea of being called a kid. With his fierce exterior and deep voice, not many people regarded him as a kid. For someone who arranged this party, they were sure getting late. It was only him and his brother. His brother had brought pair of clothes with him and made Yongguk change into it. He realized too late that it was matching ones with his brother. It was a trick they pulled often as a child and Yongnam wanted to do it again today apparently. He went along with it as he knew it was useless arguing with his brother, and now two of them were seated in a big room looking as alike as any twins could be.  

 

"Why did you choose this place when there were restaurants near our place?" Yongguk asked his brother

 

"This place is quite famous for privacy. You don't want your family dinner pics to be circulating all over the net, would you?" Yongnam answered with question. Yongguk didn't buy his brother's reply as there were private restaurants near their place too. His brother was up to something, and he wasn't telling Yongguk.

 

"Ya, aren't you dating anybody these days? It has been years since you last dated! " hyung asked, changing topic

 

"I'm not. " Yongguk responded

 

"You will end up single the whole life if you keep searching for your ideal type. There are only handfuls of them in this world!" Yongnam tsked

 

"Hyung. I'm waiting for the right timing. "

 

"You and your timing. You have been saying this forever!" Yongnam shook his head.

 

It was right. He had been saying this forever. But he wasn't like his brother who could confess as soon as he saw someone he was interested in. He was always the serious one, who ended up thinking of various consequences. And while doing all that thinking he missed his timing. When he thought he finally found her, the fiasco with TS happened. Because of that he didn’t think it was right to ask anyone out when he was in that kind of situation.

 

But now that he was back, he was so busy that he didn’t have any time for stuffs other than BAP.

 

While he was thinking various stuffs, he missed the evil glint on Yongnam's face.

 

"Make it your birthday resolution that you will do something about it!" Yongnam made him promise

 

"Arasso. I will. Promise." Yongguk promised

 

Satisfied with the answer, Yongnam stood up heading out to the door.

 

"Where are you off to?" Yongguk asked

 

"Washroom. Mom and sis will be arriving soon, so you stay here okay?"

 

Yongguk nodded and took out his mobile phone

 

======

 

Yongnam couldn't believe his luck when he saw her entering with someone who he assumed was her manager. He heard she frequented here very often and hence chosen this place in hope of running into her but was still surprised when she really appeared. Making excuse of washroom to Yongguk he walked out, heading to her table. If he wanted everything to go as he planned, he had to act carefully.

 

"Anneonghaseyo Eunji sshi." He greeted. He was glad that his voice sounded identical to Yongguk's. otherwise it would have been a dead giveaway.

 

=====

 

"Ahjumma, the usual one for me please!" She ordered and relaxed on her chair. This restaurant was her favorite because the food reminded her so much of her mother's cooking. She frequented here so often that ahjumma often joked that there should be a dish with her name!

 

"Anneonghaseyo Eunji sshi." A deep voice called out as she was searching for her phone in her bag.

 

She looked up and came face to face with a face she hadn't seen in a while.

 

"Anneonghaseyo Yongguk sshi" she stood up to greet him more properly

 

"I kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter