Chanyeol- On the train

Jung Eunji Short Stories Collection~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Park Chanyeol! Hurry up, or else you will be late!”

 

“Noona, there is still some time, isn’t there?” Chanyeol replied, taking his own time eating the food

 

 “Yah! Park Chanyeol! Didn’t I tell you that my car is in repair? I won’t be able to drop you off today. You need to take the subway.”

 

“Aishh! I had totally forgotten about that!”

 

Realizing his mistake, he started stuffing his face with food and got ready within five minutes

 

“Let’s go together till the subway, noona”

 

Usually, Chanyeol got lift till his college by his noona but for a day he had to take the subway since his sister’s car was in maintenance. He had ridden subway only handful of times before today, and that too was with others. So he was kind of nervous of riding subway on his own today..

 

“Noona, can’t you come with me till my station?” Chanyeol asked as they walked together till the subway station

 

His noona simply rolled her eyes

 

“Yah, if someone heard you talking right now, they would think you are first grader, not someone who is 24! You don’t even have to change the train for god’s sake!”

 

“Arasso arasso..” Chanyeol sighed dramatically

 

They bought the tickets for the train and reached the platform

 

“Have a good day, brother. And be careful of pickpockets!” His noona said before entering her train since hers arrived earlier

 

After his sister was gone, he plugged his earphone on his iPod and tuned out the world.

 

Finally his train arrived and he got on the train. The train was pretty crowded and he went and stood on a spot that was empty. He enjoyed observing people, so he was just looking around to pass time..

 

A man reading newspaper…a grandma dozing off…two children playing games…a girl with a mask listening to music….

 

Just then, the train lurched to stop. A woman with a young infant got on the train along with many others. Instead of people leaving the seats for her, they avoided her totally. He was about to speak up, when the girl with the mask called the woman out..

 

“Excuse me! Please sit here!” She offered her seat, even helping the woman with her pram.

 

“Thank you~” The woman thanked as she settled in the seat

 

For some reason, he couldn’t take his eyes off the girl as she stood in front of the woman and the infant as she played with the little infant.

 

Even though was fully hidden, he could tell she was smiling because of her eye smile. Seeing that, he couldn’t help but smile too.

 

Park Chanyeol! Whats wrong with you? Why are you staring at a stranger?

 

He tried not to stare, but he couldn’t help himself.

 

As few stations passed, the train became more crowded. The girl had been pushed away from where she was standing, and when he noticed she was directly beside him.

 

When the train stopped, she lost her balance and banged with him. He could now smell her sweet scent. She hardly reached his shoulders, so she probably was around 160 cm.

 

Park Chanyeol! Are you a ert!?

 

“I’m sorry!” she apologized as she stabilized herself.

 

It was when he was scolding himself mentally that movement took place. It happened so fast that he could only stand and stare…

 

The mask-girl had single handedly taken down the man beside him

 

“He is a thief! He was pickpocketing!” she shouted and people gathered to help her capture the man

 

Chanyeol recognized the wallet in the man’s hand

 

“My wallet..” Chanyeol claimed, and the wallet was swiftly returned to him.

 

The train lurched to stop. People helped in handing off the thief to the police. When he looked around to thank the girl, she was gone…as if she was never there..

===================

 

The day started normally enough for Eunji. She woke up at normal time and was about to leave the house when her brother called out for her

 

“Noona!”

 

“What is it, Minki?”

 

“Have you seen my Maths copy? I need to submit it today, but can’t find it anywhere!”

 

“Aigoo…Go search in your room. I’ll search it in the living room!”

 

Within ten minutes, they found the copy and when Eunji eventually left the house she was behind schedule

 

Usually she took a 9 am train to avoid the crowd but today, she had no option but to take a 9:20 train.

 

She had her mask and earphones on as she boarded the train. She didn’t think much of leaving the seat for a mother and a small child when they boarded the now full train.

 

 She was playing with a child one moment but due to the sudden inflow of people in train, she smacked into a wall of solid chest.

 

“I’m sorry!” she apologized.  She had to lift her head to see his face.. and was surprised by the face

 

Could it be him?... but how could it be…was he this tall?... but the ears…

 

She was staring at him while thinking all these and noticed a slight movement taking place beside him.

 

Without any thinking, she kicked him and brought him to the ground

 

“He is a thief! He was pickpocketing!” she shouted

 

People came to help and as she was dusting herself off, the train came to stop

 

University station~ University station~

 

Ah, my station already..

 

With one glance at the man, she rushed out of the train

 

It had to be today when I cannot miss the lecture at any cost!

 

Eunji just made the class on time, having ran all the way from the station..

 

After class

 

“Eunji ya~ you were about to be late again today weren’t you?” Bomi asked

 

“Haha…I got caught up, catching a thief on a subway..”

 

“Hul…you sure do come out with weird excuses…”

 

“Yah. Yoon Bomi. I’m telling you the truth!”

 

“Arasso arasso.” Bomi replied half-heartedly. Eunji gave up trying to convince her and simply changed the topic

 

“Bomi ya.. How much can a person change within three years? I mean physically?”

 

“Hmm, height and weight wise, probably a lot. Face wise..unless its plastic surgery not too much I guess..Why do you ask?”

 

“I thought I saw my first crush today on train… but he looked different from what I remember three years back…”

 

“Your crush…. Different how?”

 

Flashback

 

“Eunji ya. Are you sure you want to do this?” Mina asked wearily

 

“Yah, Mina. This is our only chance to explore Seoul’s high school! Besides they are having cultural fest, so it’s not like we are doing something illegal by going in!”

 

Eunji’s high school was here in Seoul for their trip and now was their free time. Although teachers had told them not to go too far, Eunji and Mina were now quite far from where they were supposed to gather. They were wandering around when they came upon a high school having Cultural Fest.

 

“All right then. Let’s go!”

 

Eunji and Mina followed the flow of crowd and ended up in a big hall. There was some kind of music show going on..

 

“Next band now~”

 

A slow music started playing and Eunji’s eyes was immediately drawn to the boy with guitar.. Medium built…long fingers…and big ears.. there was something about him that made her heart beat faster..

 

He was just focused on his music, and his sincerity could be clearly seen

 

“EUNJ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter