When time goes on

Meaningless, that's what time is

He remembered it as if it was yesterday.

'Why?' Henry thought touching his watch.

"Ah! I'm just going to drive a bit!" he said hopping on his bike.

"I need to get my head clear.You understand it, don't you?" he spoke to his watch.

Though everyone liked Henry they all found him weird since they heard him talking to his watch.

But he didn't seem to mind and that was true.

As he was driving thought the landscape his suddenly lost a chain.

"No!" he whined 'cause he was somewhere in nowhere.

Not having another chance he took his bike under his arm and started to walk.

He saw an old lady carrying heavy bags and decided to help her.

"May I help you?" he asked politely as woman looked up.

"That would be really nice but don't you already carry enough?" she asked  throwing a skeptical gaze towards the bike under Henry's arm.

"Nah, it's okay." he said and took the biggest bag off her.

She only nodded and gestured him to follow her.

"Tài xièxiè nǐle! (Thank you so much!) I'd like you to stay here tonight and tomorrow you can fix your bike, okay?" she offered Henry a grateful smile.

Henry couldn't say no and agreed.

"But just one night." He smiled.

"Who's that?" Zhoumi asked as he came downstairs.

Henry turned his head.

He widen his eyes.

"That's not possible..." He whispered.

"What?" Zhoumi asked and raised an eyebrow.

"Ah nothing. I'm Henry. Nice to meet ya...?"

"Oh, I'm Zhoumi." Henry nodded.

'They do look alike...'

Realizing he still stared at Zhoumi he took his gaze of him and looked to the old woman.

"You didn't tell me you have a son!" Henry laughed.

"Oh, he's not my son" He's here to learn how fix and make watches from my hubby."

Henry's mind went blank for a second.

"A-Ah! That's interesting! Is it difficult?" He asked.

Zhoumi shook his head.

"Well, it has it's difficulties but there are often the same issues and I've been fixing watches for a year now... But I still haven't made my own yet..."

Zhoumi said sadly.

"You're not ready now." An old man said.

Henry turned his head.

"So I guess you're the tutor? Nice to meet you. My name's Henry and I'm staying a night but don't worry I'll leave tomorrow after I fixed my bike."

"Hm." the man said.

'Maybe he's not that talk-active...' Henry thought.

"No! This can't be! What this looks like!" Henry followed the woman's voice in the kitchen.

"I'm sorry Henry. I first have to clean up before I can cook..."

"You know what? I'll clean up and cook. I'm kinda good at it!" Henry said, not bothering to think it over twice.

"But..."

"No 'but'. I do this as a 'thank you' for letting me stay here!" He smiled and shoved her out of the kitchen.

"Then we should start cleaning, shouldn't we?"

'Is he talking his watch?!' Zhoumi thought but shrugged it off.

"Ah this is so delicious!" The woman moaned.

"xièxiè. (Thank you.)" Henry chuckled.

"Uhm... we don't really have a room for guests... You'll stay with Zhoumi in his room, okay?" she suggested.

Henry nodded, just as Zhoumi.

After diner Henry cleaned the table and went to Zhoumi's room.

"He looks just like you, right?" But you were so different..."

"I wasn't sure at first but now I am. You're talking to you watch. What a weirdo! Why do you do that?"Zhoumi took a closer look at Henry's watch.

"It doesn't even work!"

Henry flinched as his eyes started to fill up with tears.

Never had someone said something.

he knew they all found it weird but never had someone asked 'why?' or simply told him that he did something weird.

He looked up to Zhoumi.

'W-What have I done?' He was lost in her thoughts 'til Henry pulled him out.

"You... You're the first one I tell this... I fell in love with a boy, we were best friends... I finally wanted to confess to him." Henry laughed quietly.

"But I go a call. I walked without thinking. I didn't even know I walked on a street. A car came and my friend pushed me away

but he got hit by it... I killed him... He laid there, blood streamed. His blood. I fell on my knees beside him,

telling him everything will be alright. That I'd bring him to a hospital." Henry cried just like the day it had happened.

"He smiled and said that his time was over. He laughed and pointed at her watch. 'See it stopped.' he joked...

His eyes were slowly closing and that's when I told him I loved him. A tear left his eye and he said that he loved me, too...I...

I should take the watch and never forget him. It way my fault!" Henry couldn't stop crying and Zhoumi didn't knew what to do.

Slowly he laid his arms around Henry's shaking body.

"Shh~... It's okay... He also wouldn't like seeing you like this..." He whispered as he gently Henry's hair.

"T-The last he said was: 'Please sing for me... I want to die hearing your beautiful voice...'"

"Sing it..." Zhoumi whispered slowly rocking back and forth, rubbing circles on henry's back.

"Fate has been cruel and order unkind. How can I have sent you away? The blame was my own; the punishment yours.

The harmony's silent today. But into the stillness I bring you a song and I will your company keep.

Till your tired eyes and my lullabies, have you carried softly to sleep..."

Henry's voice was shaking and cracked a few times but Zhoumi recognized the song and was taken a back by the beauty of Henry's voice.

As Henry calmed down a bit Zhoumi began singing the lullaby where Henry had stopped.

"Once did a pony who shone like the sun look out on her kingdom and sigh. She smiled and said

'Surely there is no pony so lovely and so well beloved as I' So great was her reign and so brilliant her glory

that long was the shadow she cast which fell dark upon the young sister she loved and grew only darker as days and nights passed.

Lullay moon princess, good night sister mine, rest now in moonlight's embrace. Bear up my lullaby, winds of the earth through cloud

and through sky and through space. Carry the peace and the coolness of night and carry my sorrow in kind.

Luna, you're loved so much more than you know. Forgive me for being so blind."

Henry cuddled closer to Zhoumi as he fell asleep.

'Kě'ài. (Cute.)' Zhoumi thought and took his arms back, laid Henry in his bed and pulled the blanket over him.

'Maybe...' Zhoumi took of Henry's watch.

"Ah... It's only this part..." He said while he carefully fixed it.

"Finished!" He smiled to himself.

As Henry woke up in the morning he immediately realized that there was something missing.

He sat up and over his watch.

His eyes widen.

'W-Where is it?!'

"Mmhh~m..." Zhoumi slowly opened his eyes but as he saw Henry's panic he jumped up.

"Henry, don't worry. I just fixed it last night! Here it is." he smiled.

Henry's eyes filled with tears again.

"You... I didn't tell you... that you look just like her..." He sniffed.

Zhoumi didn't know what to do.

He just realized that he loved Henry but...

He took all of his courage.

"I know this might come as a surprise... but I want you to know... I love you. I just realized it. I think I fell for you as

I saw you crying and heard you singing last night...

I thought you were weird but I understand why and now I don't think it's weird but cute. I-I know that it might be confusing for you and

you don't want to be my boyfriend but-"

Henry cut him of with a kiss.

He whipped his tears away.

"I'd love to be your boyfriend."

Zhoumi smiled, but his smiled dropped.

"I-Is it because I look like him?" He asked looking down.

"You may look like him but you are so different and I love that." Henry said and captured Zhoumi's face in his hand.

"R-Really?"

"Really."

They smiled and hugged each other.

'Finally I can get over you...' henry thought happily, looking at his watch, listening to the silent 'tick, tack' that had stopped for so long

and now finally had started again.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: so... That was a story I should write at school about the topic weird...

Well that's what came out ^^ The lullaby I added afterwards.

I randomly found it as I searched for one and it's just so beautiful. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_pBzW5qO34)

Though it may be a little unfitting since it's about pony's.... ^^'