Letters For Me and You

Letters For Me and You: Suho & Chorong

A is for APRON

Joonmyun was ultimately jealous. He had invited Chorong over for a dorm date, and Kyungsoo had stolen her from him. She had smelled something delicious cooking and headed straight for their kitchen. Joonmyun had asked Kyungsoo to cook something special, but instead, Kyungsoo and Chorong were cooking together, stealing time away from him.

Kyungsoo was making a joke about the right amount of seasoning, and Chorong was laughing hysterically. He could only stand back and watch, while the other members looked at him in pity.

“You need to learn how to cook, hyung…”

Jongin sidled up to him and tossed him a folded apron.

“What do I do with this?”

Jongin shrugged and walked away. “Put it on for her?”

Joonmyun unfolded the apron and gave Chorong a back hug, tying the apron around her.

“Thanks, Oppa…” She gave him a smile, and was leaning in for a kiss when Kyungsoo appeared.

“Noona, why don’t I teach you how to bake a cake?”

Chorong pulled away. “Thanks, Soo! You’re the best!” She gave him a thumbs up. “I need to improve my baking skills…”

Joonmyun sulked back to the couch.

B is for BAGGAGE

EXO and APINK were both performing at an overseas concert, so Joonmyun and Chorong were on the phone to each other, while they packed.

“We’re both staying at the same hotel, right?”

“I think so…”

“Do you think we can have a sleepover?”

“Are you planning to have a sleepover?”

“Can’t I sleep over?”

“Why do you want to sleep over?”

“So I can spend time with you…”

“Are you sure?”

“Of course. What are you thinking of?”

“Nothing…”

“What are you packing?”

“The necessities. Clothes, shower products, my laptop…that sort of thing…it’s only for one night, anyway…you?”

“Besides manager hyung taking our stage clothes, I don’t think I need to bring much except a toothbrush…” Joonmyun smirked, and tried to keep his voice calm.

“What are you going to wear at night?”

“…nothing…” Joonmyun expected an immediate reaction, but the line was silent.

After a minute, Chorong replied. “No sleepover.”

C is for CAR

“Buying a car is suspicious…”

“Exactly. So, I decided to convince manager hyung that I can borrow his car anytime I wanted.”

“Don’t you think we’ll get caught?”

“The windows are tinted. I’ll park in the underground. We can take turns driving…”

“And go to faraway places? Like a pension?”

“That’s going to require a lot of gas…”

“You’re right. We can just sit in the car then and not go anywhere…”

“True idol dating style…secrets are always more fun…”

“We’ll probably get caught…”

“I don’t care. Then, I can take you out anywhere I want. We can even get a convertible!”

D is for DATE

“Hyung, why do you get a notification from your phone everyday about 17?”

“What?”

“17? What is it?”

“It’s our 200th day. It reminds me to start planning.”

“When’s the 17th?”

“That’s my problem. I don’t know which 17th it is. I just know it’s the 17th

“When did you start dating? Why don’t you just count?”

“I don’t know which date she’s counting from. Is it the day that I confessed to her? Is it when she accepted? Is it our first date? I don’t know.”

“Why don’t you ask her?”

“She’ll kill me…”

“So what do you plan to do?”

“I’m giving her a present every 17th of the month…”

E is for EAR

Chorong had a weird habit with playing with Joonmyun’s ears. She especially liked his ear lobes and would tug on the frequently. If she was mad, she would pull down on them really hard. If she was feeling playful, she’d pull them out in different directions, and if she was feeling a bit mushy, she would rub them softly.

Joonmyun’s would always turn red, when she touched them. It had been an awkward sensation at first, but when he got used to it, he thought that it was the best thing ever. When he tried to tug on his own ear, it didn’t feel the same and he got weird looks from Yixing, who decided to try it out as well and didn’t see what all the fuss was about.

“Chorong-ah…why do you touch me ears?”

“I actually don’t know…it just feels nice…”

“Okay…”

She snuggled closer to him and he cupped her face in his palm. He decided to give the ear rubbing a try on her. She squealed and then accidentally punched him when she jumped out of his embrace.

“Don’t touch my ears, Kim Joonmyun! They’re sensitive!”

F is for FAN

“It’s out! It’s out! It’s out!”

All the EXO members came running when their leader starting shouting.

“Is it the MV?”

Joonmyun nodded and positioned himself in the centre, while everyone gathered around him. He had converted the video to 1080p and made it full screen on the laptop so that everyone could see. He took a deep breath and pressed play.

Throughout the video, Joonmyun tried to keep still. He kept curling his hands into a fist but he couldn’t contain his smile. He didn’t hear anything that came out of ’s mouths.

“Wahhh…APINK gets prettier with each MV.”

“Suho hyung will probably be dead by the end of this…”

“He’s probably dying everytime they say ‘chu’ and make the kiss gesture.”

“He’ll probably demand a kiss from Chorong noona everytime she says ‘chu’”

Luhan leaned over and looked at Joonmyun’s face. “It’s so creepy…”

Minseok followed suit and also looked. “You’re right. It’s like he got botox to look like that.”

“His cheeks are too high…”

When the MV ended Joonmyun just stood up and walked to his room. He lay on his bed again and opened his phone. He had already downloaded the video.

G is for GOAL

When EXO and APINK’s break had coincided, they two groups decided to have it at a pension. Jongdae, Jongdae and Yifan were in charge of the barbecue, while everyone got to sit around after winning a game of scissors, paper, rock.

Luhan and Minseok had decided to set up a game of soccer, using two giant inflatable goal posts. They had split up into two mixed teams, but Joonmyun’s team was losing. He had volunteered to be goal keeper, but it wasn’t completely working out for him.

When they had officially lost the game, all the members blamed him and complained because they had to do all the cleaning and washing up for the rest of the day. Chorong ran over to comfort him.

“I’ll help you clean, if you want…”

Joonmyun shook his head and pulled her swiftly into his arms so they were standing inside the goal. “Don’t worry. I can handle it.”

“Why are we in here?”

“Because I scored one goal…”

“No you didn –“

“You…”

H is for HELLO

“Hyung! You’ve been crushing on her ever since before we debuted. Now’s your chance to say hello and get her number…”

Baekhyun pushed Joonmyun towards the middle of their group. As rookies who had just debuted, they thought that it would be good to go around and greet their sunbaes and hand them a copy of their CD.

“I don’t know what to say…”

As they approached APINK’s waiting room, Baekhyun made sure that Joonmyun didn’t back out and move towards the side or the front of the group. They knocked on the door and were welcomed in by Eunji. They bowed and greeted them, while APINK complemented them on their song and dance. The whole time, BAekhyun kept nudging him to say something other than the obvious. When they couldn’t prolong their stay any longer, Baekhyun was the first to walk out with Joonmyun.

“Why didn’t you say anything?”

“In front of our members and her members? Are you kidding?”

“When are you going to get another chance?”

Baekhyun walked off, disappointed in his leader, but Joonmyun knew better. He let s walk back to their waiting room and went back to APINK’s door and knocked twice. He only had to wait a moment before the girl of his affections walked out.

“Hey…”

“We’ve got ten minutes. Where do you want to go?” He grabbed her hand and led her to the stairwell.

“We should really tell your members.”

“We really should.”

I is for IPOD

On their 200 days anniversary, Chorong and Joonmyun were oceans apart. EXO had a schedule in Singapore and APINK was resting in their dorms.

There was a knock on the door, and Namjoo had gotten up to answer it, coming back into the lounge with her hands behind her back and a smile on her face.

“Unnie! Special delivery for you!”

Namjoo presented her with the cutely decorated white box.

“Who’s it from?”

“Who do you think?”

Chorong opened the package and retrieved an iPod from it.

“Is there a note?”

Hayoung shuffled through the box, but found nothing. Chorong the iPod and was surprised when she heard a familiar voice.

Chorong-ah,

I know that you already have an mp3.

This one’s special.

It’s a limited edition KJM iPod.

I’ve made you playlists with our favorite songs,

and recordings of my voice for whenever you miss me…

I may have even put in videos? Those are private…

Happy 200 days!

Love, Oppa

J is for JACUZZI

“Oppa…”

“Why?”

“We should get out soon…”

“Why?”

“The kids are going to be up soon…”

“We’re not their parents…besides, this is the only time we got to be together for the entire trip…”

Joonmyun tried to get Chorong to relax by giving her a massage, but stopped when they thought they heard a sound. He leaned in for a kiss, but Bomi, Eunji, Jongdae and Chanyeol stepped into the water, clearly enjoying ruining the moment for their members, but pretending not to have noticed.

“Appa!”

“Omma!”

“Why didn’t you tell us there was a hot tub?”

K is for KIDS

Chorong and Joonmyun had just finished a drama. The male and female lead got their happy ending and had a really cute baby. Chorong grabbed the remote and turned off the television, and then he pulled her back into his arms and drew circles on her back.

“Do you think we’ll be like that?”

“Like the drama?”

Joonmyun nodded.

“I don’t know…”

Joonmyun stood up straight. “How can you not know? I’m definitely sure that we’ll be like that?”

“How?”

“We’ll get married, start a family, live in a nice house…”

“We’re idols that lots of kids look up to…we can’t think about too far ahead in the future…” Chorong looked away, but he placed a hand on her cheek to turn her head to face him.

“I’m sure that we’ll be exactly like that. Thinking about the future is good, you know? Always having something to look forward to…”

“Let’s just enjoy the now. The future can wait…we’re still young…” Chorong laid her head on his chest.

Joonmyun rubbed her cheeks with the pad of his thumb. “Okay…but just for a teaser…” Joonmyun enclosed his hand over hers and dropped a ring into her palm. Chorong was about to protest, but he silenced her with a kiss.

“It’s not a proposal. It’s like a proposal for a proposal. I will propose in the future. That’s why there’s no diamond yet…”

“I – “

He slipped the ring onto her finger. “Say yes…”

“Yes.”

L is for LIST

Chorong handed Joonmyun a piece of paper.

“What’s this?”

“A list of things you have to do to make my anger go away…”

Joonmyun looked over the list.

“How do I do this without getting caught?”

“Figure it out yourself.” With that, Chorong walked off to APINK’s waiting room without a second glance.

Before EXO went up on stage, Joonmyun’s palms became extremely sweaty. Chorong had gotten jealous when he had hugged another female idol, and agreed with the host that she was pretty, on a show, of course. He had asked for help from s, because if Chorong was angry, most likely, Joonmyun would be grumpy as well.

During their ending pose, all the boys made a ‘V line’ pose with their hands and placed it under their chin. Joonmyun and the other K members made their thumbs touch their lips, in the ‘Chu’ pose. During their backstage interview, Joonmyun said that he thought a girl with bangs was cute, and that her laugh had to be infectious.

In the van going back to their dorm, Joonmyun received a text.

I forgive you. ~ Chu ~

M is for MOSQUITO

Joonmyun swatted away another mosquito. He had been doing this constantly ever since they had arrived at the photoshoot site for UNIQLO along with APINK. He had thanked the gods for the opportunity to work with his girlfriend, but he wasn't doing much except for trying not to get bitten.

They were shooting for a summer special by the water, and besides a few casual shots for the UNIQLO magazine, they were left to have fun while candid photographs were taken. He and Chorong had managed to slip away for quiet time, but that meant on the other side of the river near the bushes.

He heard the buzzing sound approach his ear and looked toward Chorong who was doing the same, and swatting them away. He tugged at her hand and scanned her face.

"Did it bite me?"

"No. I don't see any swollen red marks anywhere...how about me?"

She cradled his face and turned it in different angles to see if he had been bitten. She pointed to his neck, and he automatically began scratching.

"Guys! I found them!"

Chorong and Joonmyun turned around to find Jongdae and Bomi, pointing at them. Chorong and Joonmyun stood up, surprised, and began to walk back to the set. Chorong went ahead with Bomi while Joonmyun walked with Jongdae.

“Hyung…nice one…” He looked at Jongdae and saw that he had a cheeky grin on his face.

“What?”

“You’ve got a hickey…” Jongdae ran off, supposedly, to tell the others.

Joonmyun touched his neck. “Yeah…a hickey from a mosquito…”

N is for NERD

“You should stop reading…” Joonmyun tried to pry the book away but she swatted his hand away.

“Let me finish…”

“Pay attention to me…”

Chorong looked at him, and nodded. She shoved the book into his hands and climbed onto his lap, wrapping his arms around her. She leaned back into his embrace and closed her eyes.

“Don’t fall asleep on me…”

“No, I want you to read to me. I’ll pay close attention to your voice, and have finished the book as well…”

Joonmyun cleared his throat, thinking that that wasn’t the kind of attention that he wanted. “There once was a book nerd named Park Chorong. She loved reading so much that she neglected her boyfriend…”

“I’m being serious, Oppa…”

“I’m being serious too. Every time we see each other, you’ve got this book in your hands. And you know what? It’s a romance novel. Why read about romance, when you can experience it with me?”

Pondering over his words for a moment, Chorong closed the book and tossed it to the floor. Joonmyun smiled thinking that he had won, but Chorong crawled over and picked it back up. “You know Oppa, it’s romantic if you read to me as well…”

O is for ORANGE

“Chorong-ah…look!” Joonmyun turned around and smiled, a gigantic wedge of orange acting as a mouth guard.

Chorong gave him a weird look, but ended up following him and putting one in as well. When they took it out, Chorong shrieked with laughter and pointed at him.

“What?”

“You’ve got bits stuck in between your teeth…”

“You’ve got them too…” Chorong left to go to the bathroom, armed with a packet of toothpicks. When she was about to finish, Joonmyun joined her. She handed him a toothpick and when he opened his mouth, she burst out laughing again. Joonmyun had put in another wedge.

“Orange you glad to see me today?”

“You’re stupid…”

Joonmyun bit down harder on the orange, making the juice pour out of the corners of his mouth.

“You’re really stupid…”

Joonmyun picked up a tissue, but she grabbed his hand. Instead, she kissed the corners of his mouth, tasting the juice. “You’re stupid…but incredibly sweet…”

P is for PICTURE

Joonmyun was having a very serious talk with Yifan about his instagram account, and he was pacing back and forth. “How long was that video up there?”

“Two hours. I swear. When I started getting comments about the owner of the girl’s voice, I immediately deleted it.”

“Did anyone guess who it was?”

Kris took out his phone and scrolled through his photographs and showed it to Joonmyun. He had taken a few screen captures of the messages before he deleted it.

“Luckily, Jongdae was being loud otherwise it would’ve been too obvious.” Joonmyun scrolled to the next image. “.”

“I know. Those fans are crazy good. They must have listened with bionic ears. But, you know, Chorong’s voice is really different. No one else sounds like that…”

“If people ask, what should we say?”

“Let’s just say that we bought one of the voice changing apps and was playing around with it.”

“I like the way you think…nice job, galaxy fanfan!”

Q is for QUESTION

“Chorong-ah…do you like my new hair?”

Chorong threaded her fingers through his now blond hair and began to spike it up.

“It’s nice…”

“But?”

“No buts…it’s nice.”

“You don’t seem too excited.”

“Do I have to be excited about your hair?” She took her fingers away and squinted at him.

“Yeah! You have to approve my hair, or else I might want to change it…”

“Don’t change it. It’s good.” She stopped squinting.

“Are you sure?” Joonmyun took out his phone and looked at his reflection. Chorong nodded.

“It’s y. Reminds me of my feelings for you during your MAMA promotions.” She ruffled his hair to the point where it stuck out in different direction.

“Not too shabby for a grandpa…”

R is for RAIN

Kyungsoo tapped Jongin on the shoulder and pointed to their leader. He looked behind him and also alerted Yixing, Jongdae and Minseok as well. Joonmyun was currently staring Bi sunbaenim down for making his girlfriend react the way she did.

Bi was performing ’30 y’ and they had shown Chorong on the screen multiple times singing, dancing and even excitedly jumping up and down, the biggest smile on her face. He looked towards Chanyeol and found him doing the same thing. Joonmyun groaned, and tried to hide his jealous expression.

Baekhyun whispered to him. “Ask if you can make a cameo on Kim Taehee sunbaenim’s drama…”

Jongin, who had heard what he said, nudged him. “That won’t work. Chorong noona won’t even blink if that happened…if you see her, she’ll think that it’s a connection to Bi sunbae…”

When Bi had received an award, he was interviewed and asked about his favorite girl group. He suavely answered APINK.

Joonmyun looked towards Chorong.

Chorong looked like she was about to combust from happiness.

Joonmyun asked for a y concept for their comeback.

S is for SICK

Loud coughing echoed throughout APINK’s dorm. The rest of the members had gone out to film a variety show, while Chorong was assigned to bed rest. She had just woken up from a nap, but her eyelids were getting heavy again, so she closed them.

Chorong had the weirdest dream. She imagined Joonmyun taking care of her, even though he was supposed to be on a flight to Jeju for a performance. It felt so real as well. She felt a cold cloth on her forehead and wiping down her arms. She even thought that someone had fed her soup and given her medicine.

When she had woken up, she felt a thousand times better. She checked herself and knew her fever had gone down dramatically. She looked to her bedside table, and instantly smiled. There was a bunch of roses and a polaroid of Joonmyun by her bedside, while she had been asleep.

When she flipped it over there was a note.

I hope you feel better, baby

Your doctor has taken excellent care of you

You should thank him, when you see him later ;)

T is for TATTOO

Chorong and Joonmyun were in the middle of a heavy make out session in one of the free music broadcast waiting rooms. As Chorong was placing kisses on his neck she noticed something and stopped.

“What’s wrong?”

Chorong ignored the question and forced him to turn around, lifting up his shirt. “What’s that?”

“Oh…yeah…don’t worry, it’s fake…”

“What’s it meant to be?”

“It’s a heart…”

“It looks like a demented pear. Did you let a kindergartener design your tattoo?” Chorong began to laugh hysterically.

“The ink must have scattered and Yeol must have put it upside down…dammit!”

Chorong opened the door to leave, but he tugged at her hand. “Where are you going?”

“Sorry, Oppa…y time has passed…”

Joonmyun was going to kill Chanyeol.

U is for UNDERWEAR

Naeun pushed through Eunji and Bomi to hand Chorong a magazine already opened on to a specific page. “Unnie! You need to see this!”

Chorong took the magazine as Bomi and Eunji looked to see what the fuss was about and Naeun waited for her reaction. When she had seen it, she had a very good conversation with Jongin over the phone. Chorong just shrugged, and the three girls went wide-eyed.

“You don’t look surprised?”

“Why aren’t you surprised?”

“He’s posing half- and you aren’t one bit jealous?”

Chorong shook her head, and began to walk off, but they stopped her, asking for details.

“I trust him…”

“And?”

“And…I’ve seen…more…” Chorong became sheepish.

Eunji decided to ask another question. “More or…less?”

V is for VALENTINE

“Unnie, what’s that?” Hayoung pointed to the stack of chicken feet.

“It’s my surprise for Oppa…”

“Chicken feet?”

Chorong nodded eagerly.

“But that’s your favorite…”

“Exactly! I’ll arrange it into a heart, and make a big deal about how long it took me to make it. He’ll just nod his head. We’ll eat. Everyone’s happy…”

“That’s not even his favorite food.”

“He should be happy he gets to see me…besides it’ll be romantic if we feed each other…” Chorong washed her hands and started to go and get ready, squealing along the way. “Best date ever!”

Hayoung sighed. “There’s no way in hell that chicken feet is romantic…you have to wear gloves…”

W is for WORDS

EXO was holding an interview for their new song, ‘Overdose’, and as the leader, Joonmyun was asked to explain the meaning of the song.

“Overdose is about a guy who is deeply in love with this girl to the point where he is sick. He’s got an addiction to her, and he can’t stop. He just wants to be with her all the time. He wants to touch her. He’s always thinking about her…”

“Suho-ssi, your explanation is very detailed…perhaps, you’ve experienced an overdose…”

Baekhyun leant over and felt his forehead, a sly smile on his face. “It’s really hot, hyung. It’s like you’re sick…”

All the members smirked, and Joonmyun began to fan himself.

X is for X

Our lips touching is an X or kiss…”

“Why do you keep singing that song?”

Joonmyun shrugged and moved in for a back hug. “It’s a good song…”

“Mhmmm…” Chorong escaped from his grasp, but he pulled her back. “Every time you sing that song, I think that you want something from me…”

Joonmyun nodded and planted a kiss on her jaw line. “It’s a good song. One of my favorites…along with Mr. Chu…”

“Mr. Chu ~ on my lips ~ chu…” Joonmyun pointed to his lips and puckered them, then felt a slimy tongue his face. His eyes opened in a flash and saw Chorong and Jongin laughing, cradling Monggu.

“Aigoo…uri Monggu, good job…”

Y is for YOUTUBE

Chorong lightly punched Joonmyun’s arm. “Yah! Can you be anymore obvious? Stop staring at me…”

Joonmyun pinched her cheeks. “How can I not stare at you when you’re wearing that kind of dress?”

“Still, you know that there are fans, with ultra-high definition cameras and gigantic lenses, might I add, just watching us…”

“They don’t know anything…”

Chorong gave him an incredulous look. “They’re smarter than you think…look at the title of the video.”

“It’s just speculation…” He pulled her into his lap and paused the video that they were watching.

“I have an idea…”

“What?”

“Let’s make an account and comment on these videos…”

Z is for ZOO

Chorong and Joonmyun had walked through the front door of EXO’s dorm, laughing and holding hands, satisfied with the date that they had just had. When they reached the lounge room, all the commotion and sound in there stopped, and everyone was frozen in the act.

There were colored streamers and popped balloons littering the floor and empty plastic cups and packets of snacks were strewn across the table. Joonmyun and Chorong put their hands on their hips and gave out the most stern of faces to their members.

“What were you guys doing?”

Sehun took off his pirate hat, as did the others with their respective headgear, and sat on the floor, looking up at their leaders.

“We’re really sorry. We just wanted to have fun and celebrate APINK and EXO winning at the MAMA awards.”

Chorong and Joonmyun looked at each other and nodded.

“Okay. You’ve had your fun. Everyone, start cleaning!”