Final

Three Years
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun fastened his pace. His heart thumped along with his steps, making his inside felt agitated –and excited in a same way. He had never waited for the end of the class as impatient as he was today. There was still 20 minutes left until the class over when a message came in his phone. It was like the longest 20 minutes he ever felt in his life.

"Sehun-ah, Seyoung is awake!"

 

***

 

The door of room 402 was opened. From outside, looked a few people surrounding the patient inside. Their faces were already familiar to Sehun. His step was halted, his palms were cold and sweating. He bit his lower lip as he peeked inside from the door. One of the people in the room was aware of his presence.

"Sehun-ah!"

Sehun could clearly see Sena's swollen eyes after crying. She got up from her seat and approached him who was still standing by the door.

"Finally she's back, Sehun-ah..." her eyes were getting teary. Sehun eventually stepped inside. Now everyone in the room was looking at him, including the patient who was still feebly lying on the bed.

He smiled and greeted her, "Se.. Seyoung-ah?"

She just blinked weakly, as if trying to recognize him.

"She has been awake since two hours ago. But she is still weak and not capable to talk yet, for now, Sehun." Seyoung's dad explained to him, breaking the silence for a few seconds ago.

 

Seyoung still gazed at Sehun who couldn't hide the surge of happiness in him. He smiled even wider, holding back his tears as he gently grabbed her hand. "Hey you, welcome back."

 

***

 

"Doctor said, she has to stay here for few weeks until she completely gets better. She also needs to do some therapies." Sena informed him as she sipped her orange juice until nothing left in the glass. Today was the first time Sena felt so relieved in these three years. "I couldn't stop crying in the first few minutes she's awake. I was afraid that was just a dream, like before."

"The day we've been waiting for has finally came, noona. God heard our prayers." Sehun kept stirring his coffee, hadn't drunk it at all.

"Sehun-ah, I've got something to tell you."

"Yes, noona?"

"Doctor said, there is a possibility of Seyoung's memory to go back to the moment before she got in the accident. Of course we can't confirm it yet now. She hasn’t said anything to us and we haven't checked it either.”

Sehun stopped stirring his coffee, trying to remember everything before the accident happened.

 

***

 

The next day, Sehun decided to visit her at the hospital again and bring her favorite flowers. But the flower shop near his home happened to be run out of red roses that day, and there were just lilies available. He cancelled his intention to buy her flowers. He thought 'bring flowers for a girl friend who is sick' idea was just like dramas in television. No a bucket of roses for today... and in the future, maybe.

 

Sehun walked pass the hospital lobby that already familiar for him. Almost every day in these three years, he passed through this lobby just to visit Seyoung who was still lying in coma state at that time. Sehun always thought that coma state for years only happens in sad movies he hated the most. But it was happening. To Seyoung, his classmate that he likes since high school, who was a straight-A student in math but could be so lost in English, who has a beautiful and bright smile, even brighter than an afternoon sky after rain, who loves beach and waves but couldn't swim, who dreamed to be able to fly but afraid of height. He knew her that well for years.

He remembered one Thursday afternoon, when the rain poured really hard that day, making him and Seyoung stuck at a book store near their school six years ago. The first time he finally had courage to look her in the eyes when they're talking - not just stare down to the floor like he had done before. Made Seyoung greeted him and talked to him more often. It was six years ago, when everything started.

 

There was no one in Seyoung's r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter