Chapter 1

Is he a Lover, or an Enemy?

Nara stood in front of her parents, eyes soaked with tears and with a quivering lips she managed to say, "I'm sorry appa... Umma... I know I've done a terrible mistake but please, please I'm begging right in front of you, let my son live..." She dropped down on her knees and her mother was quick to assist her up.

"Nara, stand up! Stand up!" Her mother said with a hoarse voice, pulling her daughter up but Nara kept herself down.

"Appa, I beg of you appa..." Nara said, looking back at her father's piercing gaze. "Please let me carry this child..." She touches her tummy and her father looked away. "Y-Yi Fan said he'll take responsibility. He said he will marry me. Appa just please, I don't want to abort my son..."

"And what about that bastard Yongguk?!" Nara's father questioned her, his voice filled with authority and power. "You'll just let him get away from getting you pregnant?!"

"W-Who cares about him, appa?" Nara looked away, biting her lower lip. "He doesn't want to take responsibility of his own son and I don't need him!"

"I knew from the moment when I first saw him, he'll do nothing good in your life." Nara's mother said with a hint of bitterness in her tone. Nara kept quiet as her parents exchanged bad words about her ex-boyfriend. Well why wouldn't they? Yongguk got her pregnant only to turn his back on her. He even had the guts to break-up with her and if it wasn't because of Yi Fan, Nara might never survived any of these things happening to her.

A few more hours had passed and her parents have decided to let her keep the baby. Thanks to Yi Fan who was very supportive and a loving boyfriend to Nara, he promised that he will marry her and will take responsibility of her and the baby.

Little did they know, Jong In heard all of their conversation and God only knows how much he hates Yongguk right now. It hurts him of course. Why? Because Jong In looks up to him with so much respect. He sees him as a big brother and a real man that will take care of his older sister. But witnessing Nara's situation, he hates him for hurting her. And by means of hate, he'll retaliate.

 

 

"Oppa!" Hye Su called out and Yongguk turned around, watching his younger sister make her way to him. He was waiting for her at the gates of her school, it was the first day of school and she's new here in South Korea that's why she needed a companion. And as an over-protective brother Yongguk is, he didn't hesitated to be her companion.

"How is your first day of school?" Yongguk asked as the two of them walked home.

"Well, most of the students admired me because I can speak in English very well and some were... Not friendly at all." Hye Su said, eyes looking ahead.

Yongguk glanced at her, raising an eyebrow. "Did anyone tried to bully you?"

Hye Su flashed a genuine smile, looking back at him. "Well I think they'll think twice. Especially when they found out that you're my brother." She winked and Yongguk smiled, looking ahead.

"They better be." He said and the two of them teased each other with jokes, trying to fill-up the years of being separated from each other.

 

 

"Yeah. I remembered the time he told me that his sister lives in America with their mother." Jong In said, sipping on his bubble tea. "She's going to continue her studies in high school here." He's with his best friend Se Hun, the two of them are planning on how will he get back to the man who broke his sister's heart and dreams.

"Then why don't you use her?" Se Hun commented, sipping on his bubble tea as well but his face looked so bored.

Jong In stopped for a minute or two, taking Se Hun's suggestion into his mind. Right. Yongguk used his sister Nara, then why don't he use Yongguk's sister too? At least in that way, they'll be even.

"But are you really willing to do it?" Se Hun asked, eyes looking at him.

"Of course! That is the only way to get back to him---"

"What I mean is, are you willing to hurt someone just so you can hurt your main target?" Se Hun asked again and Jong In nodded with his eyes serious.

"Who cares about her feelings anyway? I bet her personality is as bad as her brother's." Jong In said, determined to pursue his plan on having revenge.

 

 

"Yah." Se Hun said on the phone. He sat on his usual seat inside he classroom, looking bored as other students settled on their own seats. "Where are you? Are you going to skip school today?"

"Yes, why? Are you in school right now?" Jong In replied and Se Hun said yes in return. "Aish. Why are you there? The school year just started, I'm sure there won't be regular classes for this week."

Se Hun think for a while and somehow, Jong In was right. He was thirty minutes late and their professor hasn't showed up yet. He stood up, slinging his bag over his shoulder. "All right. Where are you?" Se Hun asked Jong In as he walk outside the classroom. Jong In stated where he is right now and their talk was distracted when Se Hun bumped into someone, good thing though, he was quick enough to reach for her arm.

Hye Su actually thought she's going to fell on the floor if it wasn't because of Se Hun who pulled her up. She opened her eyes, being greeted with a handsome guy whose smile can make every girls' heart melt.

"Are you okay?" Se Hun asked her and Hye Su nodded her head, slowly pulling her arm away from him. This made Se Hun chuckle and he lets go of her. With that, he puts his phone on his ear again, walking and leaving Hye Su behind. "I'm on my way there."

Hye Su watched as Se Hun walk away. She then snapped back into reality and entered the classroom.

 

 

"How are you going to do that? You don't even know where she studies." Se Hun smirked as he sips on his bubble tea. They're at the coffee shop near their school and Jong In was quite frustrated thinking how will he meet Yongguk's sister. He rolled his eyes telling himself that there's got to be a way to get to her. "By the way," Se Hun started, earning Jong In's attention. "We have a new classmate this year. I bumped into her earlier and I must say, she's kind of cute."

"You believed that every girl in this world is cute." Jong In rolled his eyes again.

"No man, really. She's pretty. And I want to check her out." Se Hun said and he stood up, picking his bag. "Let's go back to school. See for yourself."

 

 

And Se Hun was indeed right. The girl really is pretty and it caught Jong In's attention. Since when did the girl transferred here anyway?

"It looks like it's not only us whose interested in her." Se Hun nudged Jong In and the latter shifted his eyes on the guys who were obviously bothering her. Jong In unconsciously smirked, walking his way to her alongside Se Hun.

"C'mon Hye Su. I just want to have your number---"

"Wake up, loser. She's not interested in you." Jong In had his left arm on top of Hye Su's desk and the other was on his pocket. "Annyeong Miss Transferee, I'm Jong In. You're next boyfriend." He said with full confide ce because he is Kim Jong In, SM High's Campus Heartthrob.

Hye Su raised an eyebrow at his windy introduction. She's used to meeting guys like him and he's one of those guys that turns her off. "Umm, I never had a boyfriend." She replied and was about to put on her earphones when Se Hun spoke.

"Forgive my best friend, he's just like this to every pretty lady he sees around the campus." Se Hun said, his arm wrapped around Jong In's shoulder. Hye Su looked at Se Hun and quickly recognized him. "Yep, I'm the guy from this morning. My name is Se Hun and you are?"

Though Hye Su was a bit hesitating, she still introduced herself. She thought that maybe, if she revealed her true identity, these two idiots will finally quit on bothering her. "Hye Su."

"A pretty name suits on a pretty lady like you. It's nice to meet you, Hye Su." Se Hun offered his hand for a handshake and Hye Su took it.

"It's Bang Hye Su, by the way."


061414.

Author's Note:

Annyeong! I've finally managed to update this because I dunno. I just miss writing angsty fanfics and I swear, this one is going to be real angsty.

I've included Se Hun in the story, I dunno yet if I should make him one of the leading guys or just let him be Jong In's best friend. What do you dearies think?

Subscribing, commenting and upvoting will be highly appreciated! Kindly check out my other fanfics if you have time and for questions or if you just want to talk with me, my AskFM, LINE and KakaoTalk ID is SlyMatoki. LOL, I changed my username to SlyMatoki btw. ♥