Birthday Surprise

Birthday Surprise - Sunggyu

It was just a typical day off for Infinite, with the sunlight and the birds calling them out to play, they were fast asleep inside. Snuggled in their beds, with only soft snores to be heard, they all played dreams in their heads but it was short lived when the sun started to seep into their rooms. Some tried to pull blankets over their eyes to keep the sun away, letting them sleep longer while others were too tired to care.

Sunggyu gently stirred in his bed, rolling over onto his stomach, he blocked the sun’s rays with his shoulder as his head gently nuzzled into the soft pillow below. Taking in a deep breath he yawned and relaxed back into his bed, his eyes slightly opened but fought to stay closed, but when his phone sounded that there was a message waiting for him. He gently pushed himself up and rubbed his eyes, clumsily looking for his phone; he finally found it and pulled it into his bed with him.

Now lying on his back, he blinked his eyes a few times to get them to focus. Opening the message, he smiled seeing the name at the top of the screen. Since it was yours, he couldn’t get mad at you for waking him up on his day off.

Happy 25th Birthday! Good morning too kekeke

Sunggyu happily smiled at his phone, pulling up his keyboard, his fingers carefully typed the right letters.

Good morning to you too! Did you sleep well?-S

Mhmmm, did you sleep well?

Yeah. Are you doing anything today?-S

Ummm I am a little busy today…

I would really love it if you would come over, since we have the day off. –S

I would love to but I am a little caught up in something right now…

Would you come over when you are free, please? –S

How can I say ‘no’ to my boyfriend? Kekeke I will be over when I can. XOXOXO

Sunggyu smiled and typed to you happily, just knowing that you would come over warmed his heart and already made this day different than any other day.

Sitting up, he swung his feet over the side of his bed and ruffled his hair. Trying to make his hair a little presentable, he shuffled his feet while he walked into the kitchen. Woohyun was already up and trying to make some breakfast for himself, Sungjong was playing a fashion game on his phone as he sat on the couch and Myungsoo was sleeping in the arm chair.

Heading into the kitchen, Sunggyu pulled out a bowl from the cabinet and placed it on a free space on the counter. Then he pulled out some milk from the fridge and placed it next to his bowl. Next, he looked through at what cereal the guys had left, finding a box that was partially full, he poured some of the cereal into the bowl then poured the milk. Grabbing a spoon, Sunggyu headed over to the table and started munching on his breakfast.

“Hyung, why are you eating that? I am going to cook breakfast.” Woohyun whined when he heard Sunggyu eating.

“I’ll still eat this.” Sunggyu turned around and Woohyun snarled at him.

“It’ll be really good this time! I have been working on my cooking!” Woohyun stated proudly.

“I’ll stick to my cereal.” Sunggyu said turning his attention to his phone. He felt a yawn come from his mouth as he stretched up and pulled his muscles letting them relax when he put his arms back down at his sides. Feeling that he was a little sore, he rolled his eyes and went back to eating.

Soon Hoya, Sungyeol, and Dongwoo all woke up and were waiting for Woohyun’s breakfast that was taking twice as long, since he burnt the first dish that he tried to make.

“Why don’t we just have cereal or something?” Hoya suggested.

“No! I will make you guys breakfast, just hold on a little longer.” Woohyun replied, trying his best to not screw up this time.

Sunggyu got up and rinsed his bowl then set it in the sink to be cleaned later; he walked back to his room and changed into a t shirt and some jeans that were really comfortable. Styling his hair, he looked back at his phone.  Not seeing a message from you, he assumed that you were busy so he made his bed trying to occupy himself until you arrived.

“Okay, so do we have everything?” You asked the manager of Infinite.

“Balloons, cake, microphones, Karaoke machine, a small stage, streamers, chairs, and drinks; yep I think we have it all.” He read the list off of his phone while you listened and nodded.

“Sounds great, would you mind if I left while you are still working on decorating then?” You asked the manager playing with the chain on your phone.

“Why?” The manager asked, looking over the list once more.

“Sunggyu just asked me to come over, then I thought when you are done, then you could contact me and I could bring the guys over.” You proposed.

“Okay, but it might take longer since we don’t have you here to help us.” He smiled at you, looking up from his phone.

“You can call me if you need help, besides you know where I will be going too.” You smiled as he nodded.

“Go have fun! I am sure the guests that arrive early can help us as well.” The manager said giving you a smile.

“Great! Thank you!” You wrapped your arms around him before you ran off of the roof of your apartment and down to your place where you checked over your appearance.

Sunggyu, would it be okay if I came over now? I am all done with my project I had to do.

Sure! We are just at the dorm. Can’t wait to see you J ­-S ­

Smiling at his response, you ran your fingers through your hair once more before making your way over to the dorm.

“Guys, _____ is coming over!” Sunggyu called from his room, making sure his side of the room was perfect before heading out to the living room.

“What?” Dongwoo rubbed his eyes sleepily.

“______ is coming over!” Sunggyu beamed with a smile on his face.

“Ah is that why the grandpa is happy?” Hoya teased with a smile on his face.

“Yah! You like her too!” Sunggyu shot back.

“Okay, breakfast is finally ready!” Woohyun announced proudly as he plated the breakfast on six plates.

“It’s lunch time though, Hyung” Sungyeol pointed out as the members sleepily walked over to the kitchen to grab their plates.

A knock was heard at the door and Sunggyu beamed while he walked over and opened the door for you.

"Happy Birthday Oppa!" You came inside as Sunggyu blushed and closed the door behind you. Wrapping your arms around him, you rested your head on his chest and held him close to you. Wrapping his arms around you, he smiled and kissed the top of your head.

"Thank you." He whispered while the two of you pulled away.

"Just marry her already!" Dongwoo bounced happily in his seat

"You aren’t getting any younger!" Hoya smiled as he ate his breakfast

"You two have been dating for years!" Woohyun added

"YAH!" Sunggyu yelled at s.

"It’s okay." You whispered while your hand slid into his with blush on your cheeks.

"Did you eat ______-ssi?" Woohyun asked as he took another bite of his food.

"I did" You nodded, but you are glad that you did. "I’ll have you make something for me another time."

"Okay!" Woohyun nodded while the other members tried to eat their brunch dish.

”______ could you come with me for a second?” Sunggyu asked tugging your hand gently.

"Sure" You nodded and followed Sunggyu back into his room. Sunggyu closed the door and you looked at him a little funny.

"Don’t worry, I just have something I want to ask you." He smiled and both of you took a seat on his bed.

"Really? What is it?" You asked tilting your head to the side.

"I just wanted to ask you if you think it is a good idea if I started covering songs." He fiddled with his hands gently, you smiled and placed your hands over his nervous ones.

"If it will make you happy." You smile as his eyes lift to yours.

"I love the songs that you sing." You admitted shyly, he smirked and wrapped his hands around yours.

A beautifully comfortable silence filled the air around the two of you. With Sunggyu’s fingers gently drawing on yours. But the beautiful moment didn’t last long when your phone started to ring.

Pulling your phone out of your pocket, you saw the caller ID and looked up at Sunggyu.

"Do you mind if I take this?" You asked him and he shook his head, you stood up and left his room.

"Hello?" You answered the call, knowing that it was from the manager you walked as far away from Sunggyu’s room as you could so that you wouldn’t spoil the surprise.

"We are ready when you are, and most of the guests are here." The manager told you.

"Okay, we will be over there soon, thank you." You hung up the call and walked back to Sunggyu’s room.

"Do you have to go somewhere?" Sunggyu asked wondering what your call was about.

"Yeah, but I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?" You asked while you gripped your phone hoping that everything will come off perfectly.

"Sure! I don’t have anything else to do." Sunggyu was right beside you and you smiled.

"We have to bring the members too." You added as you walked down the hall to where the members were lounging on the couch.

"Why?" Sunggyu started to whine and drag his feet.

"Don’t worry, they won’t bother you." You tried to reassure him. "Guys, could you come with us for the rest of the day? There is something I want you guys to see."

"Sure!" Sungyeol happily jumped up and raced Dongwoo to the door, grabbing their shoes, they tickled and chased each other. All the members were soon out the door.

"Where are we going?" Hoya asked walking backwards.

"You’ll see." You sang carefully squeezing Sunggyu’s hand that was in yours.

"Noona! Aren’t we getting close to your place?" Sungjong asked while everyone started to get excited. Dongwoo happily skipped to your place with Woohyun and Sungyeol. Hoya and Sungjong played around with Myungsoo while Sunggyu and you were at the back of the group.

"I bet I can race all of you up to ______’s place!" Hoya challenged and five members ran after him.

Looking over at Sunggyu, you were surprised that he wasn’t running off of s.

"Don’t you want to go after them?" You asked him softly.

"No, I’m too old." Sunggyu softly replied.

"You’re not old, I bet you could beat me." You tried to cheer him up.

"You would have to wear heels." He teased and you finally got a little laugh out of him.

Climbing the stairs with him, he started heading to your apartment, but you pulled him to the stairs that led to the roof. With Sunggyu following behind you, you smiled and opened the door.

Sunggyu followed you up to the roof and everyone was standing there.

"Happy Birthday Kim Sunggyu!" They happily called and Sunggyu stood there frozen.

"W-What is this?" Sunggyu asked with a smile.

"Your surprise party." You said to him while swinging his hand with yours.

"You’re the best!" He wrapped you in a hug and kissed your head before he got pulled away.

Walking around you smiled at the beautiful balloons with streamers around. The cake was cutely cut and put on plates while everyone was gathered around the small stage while people were singing to the songs on the Karaoke machine.

Sunggyu was up on stage singing while Hoya and Dongwoo danced beside him. He had a bright smile on his face and he looked so happy. Moving towards the stage, the crowd swayed to his beautiful voice, once you reached the edge of the stage, Sunggyu knelt down and took your hand and kissed it softly. For the rest of the song, he looked into your eyes and sung his heart out just for you, to thank you for the perfect party that made him feel young again.

Once his song was over, he pulled you up on stage next to him.

"Thank you all so much for coming tonight and everyone who helped with this party. But a special thanks to my amazing girlfriend ________. I couldn’t have enjoyed this without you." Sunggyu smiled and held you by his side.

"You’re welcome Sunggyu" You said while he handed you the microphone.

The rest of the party went as planned, but as the night wore on the guests got worn out and slowly left. Even the members left knowing that they had a early day of practice ahead of them. So a few hours later, it was just you and him, under the stars and moon, sitting on the edge of the stage while your legs dangled just above the floor. Your head rested on his shoulder and your hand was in his while he swayed with you gently.

"Did you have a good birthday?" You asked him softly, tilting your head to look at him.

"I did, it made me so happy and I felt so young!" He smiled and flexed his arm showing you his muscles. You lifted your head off of his shoulder with a smile.

"I’m so glad! But I have a special present for you." You looked at your clasped hands with his and smiled.

"Really? What is it?" He questioned. Slipping your hand from his you took a deep breath and started laughing even before you presented your present. Sunggyu just sat across from you and watched you while you got your act together and held up one finger on each hand.

"One plus one is gwyomi. Two plus two is gwyomi. Three plus three is gwyomi. Four plus four is gwyomi and five plus five is gwyomi." You smiled as you poked your cheeks with the one, did the bunny ears with the two, bounced your fingers with three, four you wiggled them under your chin but with five you made a heart with wings. 

Watching him closely, he smiled making his eyes smaller and moving them into crescents. Before you could do anything else, Sunggyu happily wrapped you in a hug and held you close to him.

"That made me so happy!" He happily squeezed you against him. You shook your head against his shoulder but just started laughing out of embarrassment. He pulled away from the hug and his hand gently rested on your face.

"I love you so much." He whispered before leaning in and kissing you on the lips softly.

"Happy birthday." You whispered against his lips, before kissing him back. The stars happily twinkled over you while the two of you happily shared a beautiful moment on his birthday.