Welcoming

Welcome to SM Magic Academy

SM Magic Academy, a place where mages and witches gather to learn about their unnatural abilities in the most natural of ways, high school classes.

Kim Kibum was the top of his class, his magic was under such control he almost seemed a million years old with how he handled and harvest the power of the stars. The blonde could almost surpass a few of his teachers if he really tried hard to. His looks made girls cry with hatred and men cry in fear, he was the top at the school (According to Taemin anyway) and he wanted to keep it that way.

That’s why everyone was shocked the first time Kibum had yelled at, and punched another student square in the jaw. The other student stared blankly at the blonde shocked at his sudden and very unexpected outburst.

“You stupid son of a , I told you to stop treating me like this!” His head was down, his hands shaking. “I hate you!” He ran. He ran as far as he could, as far as the wind could take him, he ran straight to the one place he truly believed in the celestial world that gave him his powers. Running to the stars that gave him comfort he began to hear a sound, at first it was soft and almost soothing, but soon became louder and louder and painfully annoying.

The blonde groaned as he groggily pushed the dismiss button on his alarm. His dreams had been like that for a few weeks now, not really sure why they were like that. He hated it, Jonghyun was dumb and an to none else but him. He thought back to when he had first met Jonghyun, he hadn't even known his name really. Yet there he was proudly showing him the school he loved so much.

The day their fates intertwined was a hot and muggy one. Jonghyun had just transferred into SM, and the vibe Kibum got off of him  was one of boredom. How could you be bored if you were a mage was beyond him. His hair was three tones of brown black and blonde, it was actually rather attractive really. His clothing was simple though, a gray (extremely tight) v-neck , and black skinnies.

“Ah, just so you know there is a dress code, but that’s okay…” He looked down at the student card he was given a week earlier. “Kim Hyunjong.” He grabbed his hand and dragged him along their extensive campus. “So Hyunjong, over here we have the year one and two classroom campus grounds, just across the street is the year three and four campus.” He paused, fondly looking at his campus grounds. “Oh, and over there is the mess hall, there is food served every hour of everyday, so you don’t have to worry about skipping meals or anything. Ah! There’s the library, there is every sort of book in there, my friend Jinki is a helper in there, oh and there is the sports area, felids and indoor pools and tracks, it’s got everything.” The excitement in his voice was hardly even hidden when he talked about the academy. He truly loved this place with all of his heart. His looked over his shoulder, smiling as he saw Jonghyun listening so closely.

 

But in reality Jonghyun was really wondering how anyone could be so annoying. He hadn't even been there for more than two hours and yet he wanted to punch himself in the face to get away from this boy that called him 'Hyunjong', but Jonghyun was a kid that knew manners, his sister had beaten them into him as a child, so he shut his mouth and listened to the dumb blonde in front of him.

 

"So, do you have any questions right now?" Kibum smiled happily more towards himself than Jonghyun.

 

"Yeah, what kind of sports teams are there at this place?" His face read bored, but his eyes held interest in Kibum's answer.

 

"Oh, uh, well we have the normal sports any normal school would, with the addition of mage sports." Kibum wasn't the biggest sports guy ever, (he only played soccer for a week before he fell, hurt his knee, and deemed it too brutal for a cute boy like himself, and only at the age of six to boot) so  to say he was nervous to answer was an understatement, sure he knew the sports names, but explaining the rules and such was a thing he was incapable of doing.

 

Luck was on his side though because he spotted a familiar sports fanatic jogging up and down the soccer field. "Actually, I have someone better on mind that can thoroughly explain the sports to you." He took Jonghyun's wrist in his hand and dragged him over to a boy clad in only soccer shorts and cleats. His short hair stuck to his face from the sweat pouring from his forehead.

 

"Minho, hey can you explain to Hyunjong what some of the mage sports are, i'd owe you one then." They were close enough so that the boy could hear the blonde perfectly fine, but he continued to holler at the half boy.

 

"Yeah sure I can teach him all about them. I'm Choi Minho by the way." He stuck his hand out for Jonghyun to shake. Kibum smiled happily as the two seemed to get along just fine. "Oh and Kibum that favor, I want a date for Friday, prettiest one you know too." His smile told Kibum all he needed to know, he wanted a date with the dark magic mage, (and shifter) Lee Taemin.

 

"Yeah, I'll see what I can do, I'll see you later Hyunjong." He waved goodbye before running off to do god knows what.

 

"He does know my name is Jonghyun right?" He looked towards the taller, glaring just slightly. How dare he be so damn tall.

 

"You are useless to Kibum, you know how I know?" Jonghyun nodded his head. "Because he didn't even bother to learn your name properly. Therefore he has no use for you. He's like a one man mob I swear... So about shoes sports." Jonghyun was in for a long, long year.

The next week was filled with Kibum still calling Jonghyun, Hyunjong, and still acting nice, but also being a real pain at the same time. While Jonghyun continued to ignore the things Kibum told him, pull a few pranks on him, and even get Minho to help him. Needless to say they both hated each other in many ways. Kibum was starting to get irritated by all of his nonsense, he had had enough. In their shared homeroom Kibum came up with the brilliant idea of playing a game to pass their free time.

“How about we play a game of ‘name that magic’ you know, just to switch it up from all the silence in this class.” It was rare when the blonde (also the class rep) would want to have a noisy homeroom, but what he had in mind was far better than reading any spell book. “Minho! Come on up and answer your question!” He had used little power to create a game show platform for more of a fun feel to everything. The ground became uneven and colorful lights light the room up. Kibum had changed into a celestial patterned suit. THeir class loved to do little game show days, and Kibum was always first choice to be the host, not because he was the class rep, but he could give just the right amount of sass and magic to make the kids feel like they were really on a game show. Though his questions were really just to help them study, they were fun none the less.

“Why do I have to go first dammit!” The brunette was not pleased as we trudged up the floating steps.

“Because I love you.” His smile was more like a threat than an actual smile. “Question number one! What is this particular type of magic that allows one person to take over anothers body, and use their own powers as well?” A screen dropped down and revealed a tiny animation of the given question. “Thirty seconds on the clock.”

“, Kibum you know I don’t even know this one!” Minho shot a finger at Kibum accusatively.

“Ten seconds, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four-”

“Jesus Christ, a ing tempt incantation I think.” A bell sounded and Minho was blown back to his seat. His made contact with the hard chair with a thud. “ing bastard.”

“Correct Minho, you get 1000 Salem!” All of his questions continued to become easier and easier from then out. At one point he was practically giving them first grade questions. Up until he got to Jonghyun. His would be a thousand times harder than anyone elses. The sixth time he was called up, and for the sixth time in a row, was given a completely impossible question. Sure Jonghyun wasn’t the brightest bulb in stock, but he wasn’t as dumb as people would have liked to believe either. He wasn’t going to take it from this pansey any longer. He shot out of his eat, eyes determined and fists forming into balls as he marched up the steps.

“Give me your best shot dammit.” Was his one and only cocky remark towards Kibum.

The smile that slid onto the class reps face drained any color left on his face.

“What is the this type of magic that allows a male mage, every full moon, to become something their not, not because of a curse, but because of a spell that had been cast on them by themselves and either wasn’t, or could not be removed from the individual.” Oh how his smile was meant to kill Jonghyun, and kill it did. “Thirty seconds.”

Jonghyun racked his brain for the answer, nothing coming up in any department he searched. His palms became clammy, and his heart was beating a mile a minute. How could he have been humiliated by this, this annoying little er!? His heart sunk as he heard Kibum’s singsong tone as he counted down from five.

“Zero!” Oh no, he truly was a afterall. Kibum’s laughter pulled him out of his self pity. He was mocking him. Before he knew what was happening he had punched Kibum, making the boy to fall off of his stand and causing all of his magic game show to disappear. Jonghyun was running out of the class, Minho following his hyung worried. When the heard a voice calling out for them.

"Yah! Kim Hyunjong get your back in this classroom and answer the problem!" A distinct yell followed Jonghyun through the halls as he ran away from the ‘boring’ class.

 

"I'm sorry, Minho did you hear something, I could have sworn I heard a crow chirp."  He smiled so brightly at his own comment, he truly was a smarty pants.

 

"Hyung, crows caw, not chirp."


"Dammit..." Like he said, not the brightest bulb.




--
A/N So the first chapter is up! I am sorry it's lame and ish, this one is really more for my fin of wirting it. Sorry it's really short too. Anyway enjoy 
Ra-Ravi~