Introduction to Chemistry: Park Chanyeol

Faculty Commotions

Lesson 1: Introduction to Chemistry: Park Chanyeol

 

A little help from a friend is honestly helpful, as what Sehun states it. Because he can't complain on what his friend had offered him, it might be his future reliable source of living especially when the school year is nearing its end. All he needs to do is study to help another one to study, deal with a bunch of teenagers, get along with his co-faculty members, and when he finally gets his job, satisfy himself with the payslip within his hands. He thinks that it won't be much of a burden to get to know his co-teachers although he is just an intern, since he expects them to be understanding and a much greater help to enhance his experiences. 

The thought of meeting his soon-to-be-students is also not on his list of problems; for the reason that he believes himself with having extremely good looks and nice personality (that's what the most of his admirers say) is the sole key to the door of evil and will pull his students out of the darkness and the possession of having bad spirits within their anatomy (because teenagers are s). Well, that's what he half hopes and half expects. 

He puts on a slightly-formal attire, fixes his already tidy hair for the umpteenth time, grabs his backpack, checks for necessary belongings for his work (well, he doesn't want to be scolded on his first day by leaving an important paper work at home), and finally heads out of his apartment.

Sehun walks to get on the bus stop, he passes by some vehicles that exceeds the speed limit and curses when it almost hits him. 

Those ers doesn't know what the sidewalks and roads are made for. He really doesn't want to start his work in a hospital. 

It is a beatiful Monday, no classes for him because he's excused for being an intern. He thinks about the school he is going in, the exchanging of words he got from the principal of this school didn't quiet please him. The mere mention of ' subject teachers' by the man made him shudder a bit besides the fact that the air conditioning in this old man's office was ing high. He cringes at the thought and prays hard that night that the people he is going to meet are normal. The man wasn't right about these teachers, was he? That man is Soo Man. Oh, man. He finally reaches the bus stop and the vehicle arrived in perfect timing. He glances on the location address on his phone one last time then goes in for a ride.

 


After a few walks here and there, passing by a couple of blocks, flirting looks of some women (he has a lot of charisma at everyone, he says), Sehun arrives in front of a large stainless gate. He walks in, earning some questioning gazes from students walking across him probably because of his appearance inside a school that no one's familiar with his face (and by seeing his gorgeous and handsome self, he says). Suddenly, a tall, lanky guy with a creepy smile is approaching on his direction. The guy is holding some papers and a book with his right arm and a briefcase in the other. "Oh Sehun, new intern, right?" the guy said, bringing his briefcase down and trapping it in between his legs before extending a hand out for him. "Park Chanyeol, nice to meet you." Sehun nods, unable to form a word and nervously taking the guy's extended hand. Chanyeol took his hand back then grabbed his briefcase again and urging Sehun to follow him. 

"Mr. Lee said that when you came, you can head straight in the faculty. Well I guess you still don't know the way there, right? So I'm here to help," Chanyeol offers on their way through a long hallway packed with a huddle of high school students in different directions. "It's been a long time since we got an intern here, so I guess I should warn you with my co-teachers' behaviour," Sehun gulps hard, the train of thoughts on how will his whole internship will be miserable and his life held with those people's grasp and no way to escape gushing in his mind. What if they like torturing new interns as what they possibly do to their own students? What if on my first day I would be reported dead? What if- oh . "W-what do y-you m-m-mean by their b-behaviour?" Sehun manages to say, his voice trembling, his pace slowly retracting from where they are heading. Chanyeol looks at him, slowly realizing the boy's terrified reaction. "Oh - sorry! I didn't mean to scare you! No no no I mean I am warning you because they might pester you because you're good-looking and- what do I do- they are friendly, I promise! But not that pester that they will make fun of you, it's just that- . I'm really sorry," Chanyeol settles, heaving a long sigh in a span of ten seconds, and Sehun is freaking amazed by that. Well, this guy looks harmless in spite of this astonishing skill. Sighing that long? Hilarious. But how about the othe-
Chanyeol sees the slight relaxation on the boy's face so he closes his slightly agape mouth because ew a little more push then his saliva will be flowing freely. "A-are you... S-sure?" Sehun's voice is still laced with a bit of fear as he speaks. The lanky guy nods reassuringly (and a bit exaggeratedly) and flashing Sehun his literally killer creepy grin. Eye twitch and pearl white set of teeth and all. "I'm sure. I think we should get going," in that way, Sehun's heart stops fluttering but still did some jumps because of Chanyeol's creepy face. They continued walking on their way through the hallways, the tall guy beside him keeping their conversation up, but truthfully he's just the one speaking and he just nods, Chanyeol never forgetting to add his apology from what he had said earlier on every last bit of his sentences. On some of their conversations, Chanyeol had mentioned that he is a Science teacher, also grasping the field of Technology, and this Baekhyun guy. He said that Chemistry is his favorite on the branches of Science, for the reason that he and this Baekhyun guy are perfect match. "We have chemistry," Chanyeol once said and Sehun is starting to think that this Science teacher is a guy that is not a guy. No one to blame. He keeps on telling Sehun that Science and History are relative subjects, that there are many events in the past that can be explained through scientific names, numbers, terms, and so on. Chanyeol keeps on rambling about things that Sehun didn't really give a .

They came in front of a white wooden door with a 'FACULTY ROOM' labeled on top. Chanyeol opened the door for them, which Sehun protested because he feels sorry for the other's armful of school works but the tall guy still insisted. There's a welcome rug that greets Sehun when he walks in, Chanyeol following on his back. He looks through the surrounding of the room, which is surprisingly large, with many cubicles with a huge space. The white walls are adorned with variety of colorful paintings and in the right corner near the entrance is a large bulletinboard. On the board there are small pieces of yellow notes sticked on it, reminders of some sort, printed lists of probably school events, pictures of different faces in some occasions held inside the campus, list of the Faculty Members, and other things Sehun is uncapable of understanding. "Hey guys!" Chanyeol calls their attention and fortunately, some of them caught it and eyes him annoyingly. Sehun takes an eyeful of the persons inside, and when they saw his new face, their faces immediately bright up. There sitting in a cubicle nearest to him is a guy with sharp features and high cheekbones, the guy on the next one is a pretty one, with a soft face and girly lashes, standing there in front of a computer alongside the bulletinboard is a short dude with abnormally large eyes, the guy who is currently handing an armful of papers on the aisle between the two cubicles has a really chubby cheeks that looks like a steamed bun, at the end of the cubicles at the back of the room is a bored-looking dude that seems like dozing off, then this guy with an exaggerated amount of eyeliner that just entered the room. He saw Chanyeol flinched a bit, so he guesses that he is the Baekhyun guy. "Guys, I wanted to introduce to you our new college intern, Oh Sehun. You really need to be nice, okay," all of them looks interested, so they looked at him more intently. Fear is returning to his senses again. Chanyeol points to his left where there is the Baekhyun guy still standing. 

"That's Baekhyun, a History teacher," Chanyeol says and Baekhyun immediately smiles. Well, the fear had vanished. 

Chanyeol started to point on them again, he points to the guy with sharp features, "There's Jongdae, Music teacher and the coordinator of the Music Club," then the pretty face. 

"That's Luhan, P.E. teacher and the coach of the soccer team," the large eyes guy. 

"That's our Kyungsoo, teacher in Home Economics and the coordinator of the Cooking Club," the steamed bun cheeks.

 "There's Minseok, Math teacher,"

"Call him Baozi," the guy with the sharp features says.

"Or Xiumin. That's really cute." says the pretty face. The steamed bun cheeks puts down his loads on his cubicle then grabs a couple of papers and crumpled it aiming on the two commentors' faces.

"Okay, just let them, they are like that everyday," Chanyeol explains. "That one is Yixing, he is the coordinator in Arts Club, and also an Art teache- OH MY GOD HE'S FALLING FROM HIS SEAT ANYONE GRAB HIM ON TH-" but when they all turned their heads to see the dozed off person, they were all late. Too late. Yixing lands on the ground face first with a loud thud. They all cringed on the sound of face hitting tiles and felt really, really bad. Except for Jongdae. ", that hurts." then he and Luhan proceeded to laugh. The fallen man abruptly gets up, having completely awaken by the unwanted landing and sits back on his soft chair massaging his right cheek that had the interaction with the floor.

"Hey Yixing, how was the tiles? That really hurts, man." Jongdae says stiffling his laugh.

" you. That is called an art. You really don't know anything about art," Yixing spat out looking sleepy again.

"Of course I wouldn't know. I'm not an art teacher, I major music, tile-kisser," Jongdae says.

"So, as Jongdae was saying, is the tile a good kisser? Poor tile, you stole its first kiss." Luhan fakes a frown.

"I didn't kiss it. My cheek landed on it, you ers. And although I landed unintentionally, that's still an art. Because my mind functions while I'm asleep and never stops thinking about art, and that's the art of falling," Yixing reasons, his face plastered with a dreamy smile. "gracefully." he added.

The commotion instantly stops when they heard the door opening, four people entering the room. One of them is his co-intern-before-but-now-a-teacher-slash-bestfriend Jongin.

"Mr. Lee said that the intern had arrived," the small guy in front says then looks at him, "Oh," then he smiles, "Sehun? Right?"

"Are you referring to his last name or is that an expression of shock," Luhan says sarcastically.

"Oh." the small guy looks at Luhan's direction, "Oh. Oh? Oh my gosh." complete confusion on his face. Sehun decides to help. "I'm Oh Sehun, yes, I'm the new intern. Nice to meet you, sir." Sehun bows. The look on the small guy's face soften then chuckles, abashed of his stupidness. "Anyway, he's Junmyeon, the Assistant Principal," Chanyeol intrudes. He then proceeded on his introduction. He points on the very tall man that looks like a Mafia boss with a swag implanted on his face behind Junmyeon, "That's Kris, Literature te-"

"Language and Literature," the very tall man corrects.

"Um, okay, Language and Literature teacher," then at the person behind Kris that is not so far from his height and very big eyebags, "That's Tao, the Secretary," he suddenly felt sorry about this boy because he didn't expect them to work so hard everyday just for this school and then staying up all night to finish their works and having those eyeba-

"If you're thinking that you feel sorry about me working very hard and having these eyebags then don't. These aren't what you think, they're inborn." oops. Does he know how to read minds? "Oh. Sorry," he apologizes. "It's okay, I get that a lot." Tao says calmly. "He knows wushu," Chanyeol whispers to him. Sehun must know his boundaries between him and Tao.

"Lastly, that's Jongin, Dance teacher- or is that a choreographer- and the Dance Club coordinator. You know him, right?" Chanyeol finishes and Sehun nods in confirmation.

"I think that's enough for a while. By the way, your cubicle is there next to Luhan's," Junmyeon inquires him and eyes the said boy menacingly. "Be good to him. I don't want our new member of the family to freak out."

Kris gags at the word. "Stop that motherly thoughts of yours." he says then went towards his cubicle.

Sehun nods at Junmyeon and smiled awkwardly before heading on his waiting space of the room. He placed his backpack on the desk and glanced at the cubicle next to him to see that his neighbor his looking at him.

"Heeeeeeey there dude."

This will probably be a long journey.

 

 

 

word count: 2312

~☼~

a/n: the first chapter. this is not fair. okay, i am working on the second one, probably by the next next day it will be released. hope you liked this thing! otl COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE PLEASEEEE♥ loveyouall~~