Final

You're My Only One Part 2

“Excuse me Miss, but could you tell me where’s conference room 1?” a man suddenly approached you.

“Sure, just go straight ahead and it’s the second door on your right,” you answered and gestured him in the right direction.

“Thank you,” he said and he walked off.

Even though you didn’t know his name, he seems familiar to you. You tried to remember if he was one of your classmates but you couldn’t recognise his face. You decided to shrug it off and get back to work. Its not like your work was going to magically complete itself.

~~~~~~

“It’s a pleasure to be working with you Mr Kim and I hope that our companies will get along well in the future,” your boss, Mr Lee said to his new business partner, Kim Jongin.

“I look forward to working with you as well,” Jongin replied.

He shook hands with his new business partner and headed out. Part of him wants to find the lady that he asked for directions. She looked familiar, she looked like her. But it can't be her. It has been 10 years and even when he went to her house, she doesn’t live there anymore. She moved out 5 years ago. He can't call her because he lost all contact with all of his high school friends due to his parents.

His parents had set him up on so many marriage dates but he wasn’t interested in any of them. He only had one girl in mind and her name is Ji Hyun. Even though it has been 10 years since you last saw each other, he still can't get you out of his mind. He still remembered the day he left like it happened yesterday.

Super short flashback

He was leaving for the America when he had a strange feeling in his gut that told him to look back and when he did, he saw you in the most beautiful dress. He only wished that he’d been able to take you to prom as he knew how badly you wanted to go. He still can't forget the expression on your face when he left: sadness.

End of super short flashback

“Sir, are you getting in the lift?” a man asked Kai.

“Oh yea, thanks,” and he immediately got on the lift.

The door was just about to close when you saw the guy that asked for directions earlier. You were just about to walk away when something caught your eye. The ring. It’s the exact same ring as yours! But it was too late. The doors had already close.

“Could it be? Could it really be Kai? B-but its been 10 years. Could it really be him? But the ring, it looks exactly like mine. I have to be sure,” you thought to yourself.

The lifts were way too far ahead and if you waited for the lift, he would probably be gone by the time you reached. Without thinking twice, you headed for the stairs. You took off your heels and dashed down. Fortunately, your office wasn’t far up and soon you reached the first level. Not even stopping to catch your breath, you ran out and started scanning the floor, looking for the guy, hoping that he was really Kai. You ignored all the stares that you were getting. Your eyes teared as he was nowhere to be found.

“That’s him!” your mind screamed as soon as you saw him exiting the building.

“KAI!” you immediately shouted.

He turned. Your heart skipped a beat.

Kai POV

Kai? Did someone really say Kai? No one calls me Kai now. Only my close friends call me Kai and it has been a decade since I heard someone call me that. I ly to see the staff that I met earlier that gave me directions. Why did she call me Kai?

She was at the brink of tears. When she saw that I didn’t know who she was, she slowly walked towards me and lifted her hand and showed me a ring. IT’S THE RING! IT’S HER! IT’S JI HYUN!

“Ji Hyun?” I asked, just to be sure.

She nodded and I immediately hugged her tight. She’s the one I've been waiting for all this while. She’s the one that I need.  She’s the one and only Ji Hyun. It’s really her. I'm not imagining this. After all these years, she’s still waiting for me. She’s still mine. And I'm still hers. Forever and always.

I missed her warm embrace. 10 years. It took me 10 years to finally be able to take control over my life and not let my parents ruin it. 10 years to come back to Korea. 10 years to see her.

We hugged each other tight when Ji Hyun suddenly let me go. I wasn’t ready to let her go. I just met her after 10 years. I tightened my grip around her.

“Kai, I have to get back to work. This isn’t my lunch time,” she said.

Damn it. Stupid work.

“Can't you take the family emergency leave?”

“And say what? That my missing boyfriend of 10 years finally came back so now I want to spend the day with him? You do know how ridiculous that sounds right?”

“Make something up! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee,”

Your POV

Of course I miss him and I want to spend as much time with him. And him doing his aegyo is not making things easy. I mean, look at it! His cute lips and that face. Who could resist?!

Avoiding eye contact, I said, “Kai, I only have 2 more hours left. Can you just wait till then? Please?”

“Fine,”

“As soon as the clock strikes 6, I’ll be the first to leave. See you later!” and I gave him a kiss on the cheek. He smiled and told me not to be late.

2 hours seemed like eternity. Finally, its 6pm! I dashed out of my cubicle and immediately headed towards the lift. As soon I reached the ground level, there he was, waiting for me. He was frowning, looking at his watch.

“I'm back,” I said and it startled him a little.

“What took you so long?”

“Mianhe, I guess I wasn’t as fast as I thought,”

“Its okay, at least now you’re here. Let’s go!”

“Where to?”

“It’s a surprise,” Kai said and gave me a wink.

Author POV

You obediently followed Kai. You got into his car and talked throughout the entire journey, catching up on each other’s lives that you missed all these years.

“But how did you manage to convince your parents to let you come back?” you asked curiously.

“Well, since being following their orders didn’t work out, I told them that I would sell my shares if they didn’t let me come back,” he replied.

“That was the only way that they’d let me come back,” he added and he gripped your hand tighter.

You had mixed feelings upon hearing that. You had hoped that if Kai ever came back, it meant that his parents had approved of you and him but now you know that they had no choice, you felt scared a little, thinking of what his parents might do to you and you had wanted their approval of your relationship.

Kai, realising that you were in deep thought, said, “Don’t worry, they won't do anything to you. I told them that they should never try to separate us,”

You smiled but you still couldn’t help but still worry about his parents.

You finally arrived at your destination. It was the beach. The beach where you and Kai had first met. He led you on until you saw a beautiful set up dinner for 2. Your eyes were glued to the sight in front of you. It was beautiful. It was a candlelight dinner by the sea. You’ve always wanted to have dinner by the sea.

“Remember I promised that when I can afford it with my own money, I’ll make sure that I’ll take you to dinner by the sea, just like how you’ve always wanted?” Kai said.

You teared hearing him say that. You couldn’t believe he still remembered that after all these years.

“I’m sorry it took me so long,” he added.

“I-its perfect,” you stuttered, trying to hold back your tears.

He brought you to your seat and pulled out your chair and gestured for you to seat. You sat there, still trying to take in all that was happening in front of you. When did he prepare all this? The both of you just met hours ago.

As if he was a mind reader, Kai said, “You didn’t think I just stood there and waited for you for 2 hours right?”

Dinner was wonderful. Just when you thought the night was over, Kai had another surprise for you. He blindfolded you so you had no idea where you were going. He didn’t say anything and you didn’t ask as you decided to just wait for the surprise that he had planned. When you arrived at the destination, you heard a familiar voice.

“Take care of her, ok?” Kai said to someone else.

“Neh, don’t worry, she’s in good hands,” the other person said.

Nana? Is she here?

“Ji Hyun-ah, its me, Nana. Follow me okay? Trust me, its going to be worth it,” she said.

She made you change into a dress but I didn’t look at the dress. She made you promise not to look down at the dress. She also re did your make up since it looked horrible after a tiring day at work.

“Ok, she’s ready,” Nana said and she handed you over to someone. It was Kai.

After walking for a while, you both stopped and Kai let go of your hand to remove your blindfold. Once the blindfold was off, you took a huge breath and looked at your surroundings. You were in a room and it was beautifully decorated. Flowers all around the room. It was simply breathtaking. Night lights all around.

“So do you like it?” Kai’s voice interrupted your thoughts.

You nodded. You couldn’t say anything. You turned to Kai and saw that he was wearing a tux. As you looked down at yourself, you realise that you were wearing a gorgeous dress.

“I got this for you,” Kai said as he opened a box to reveal a pink coloured corsage.

PROM! That’s what’s happening right now. He’s taking you to prom. After all these years….

You held your hand out and let him put the corsage on for you.

“Can I have this dance?” Kai said.

You nodded and let Kai lead in the dance. You were still in shock. This is too much to take in all in one night.

“I’m sorry you had to wait 10 years for this moment. I know how much you wanted us to go prom together but instead I left you and ruined your prom. I know that this isn’t anything like prom but I hope that at least I managed to make it up to you even if its just a little bit. I’m sorry for all the pain I've put you through and I’m sorry that I left you. But I still want you to know that I love you. Past, present and future.” Kai said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

“Thank you for doing all this Kai. I'm really grateful for it and the 10 years of waiting can't compare to what I'm feeling right now. I'm really really lucky to have you Kai. I love you and I want you to know that you're my only one.”


So I'm done with this oneshot and its the cutest story I've written so far (I think). Thanks for reading! ^^ I hope you liked it and please do leave your comments below.  And if you want me to write another oneshot, do tell me and I might just write the oneshot when I have a nice plot in mind. THANKS FOR READING ONCE AGAIN AND I HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU! ^^