CHAPTER 1

It Should Be Me

“Hold on I got a phone call” said Hana to her five friends who are laughing away on a funny memory they recalled when they were studying in high school .They first met Hana when she got transferred to their high school on the second year . She was an island town girl who has lived with her grandparents for 13 years . She has been very closed with her grandparents ever since she was a kid . They were always there for her and she loved them very much . She once had cried herself all night just because she had to move back to her parents’ house because her grandparents was going to visit their other son for three months who was working in France . She has never been away with her grandparents for a long time and due to that she had suffered from a very high fever . Her parents is not divorced but due to work requirements her mother got transferred to the city and so she moved to live with her mother in the city as well . She would always call her grandparents and she would always visit her hometown whenever there was school holidays . After all she is a big girl now and she should be able to live independently .

Picking up her cellphone she then hesitantly answered the call from an unknown number “Hello?” she then continued, “Yes this is Hana speaking , may I know where you’re calling from ?”. After a few second her friends who were laughing away suddenly noticed that Hana’s eyes widened and slowly opened as if she was in a huge shock and they started to pay attention to her as they were very curious to know what was going on . “ Really ?! So I’m accepted ?! Thank you ! Thank you very much !” her voice started to become quite loud when she was saying her gratitude to the person calling . Hana put her cellphone down and she put both of her palms on her smiling face as if she cannot contained anymore smiles . “What’s up ?? why are you smiling like a lunatic ?” her chinese friend , Linda said to her . “yeah tell us ! who called you?” Sara continued . For a moment she forgot that she was hanging out at a local coffee shop with her friends and she came back to her senses grinning at her best friends ,“Guys I got admitted to study in Korea on a full scholarship” .


“Nope it doesn’t look good on you , try the blue shirt” command Tao to Chanyeol , “Dude I’ve been trying a lot of clothes and they all look good on me” said Chanyeol to the fashion expert best friend . They have been out since morning to find the perfect outfit for Chanyeol’s blind date tomorrow and nothing seems to be right with Tao and Kris since they are very detailed about the fashion world and strive for perfection .

Regretting the decision Chanyeol had made to ask for the two of them to help him but there’s nothing he can do about it . He couldn’t care less about being too detailed in fashion rather he prefers comfortable clothes and he only likes furry hats . Although he is a chaebol he does not spend money on things he don’t need . Not just the fact that he is rich that makes him famous among the Koreans but it also about his amazingly good looks that makes the girls tries to seduce him every way . His long legs and attractive smile is enough to make the girls go crazy . Though he sometimes plays around with the girls at the club but he has zero interest in them . For him , the girls at the clubs are for him to toy around to pass time . A girl for him to love ? He never had anyone special like that in his heart before .  There is no girl that has ever been able to capture his attention . All his blind dates that he has been to was just to satisfy his mom . He feels that whenever the time comes for him to love he will but for now he couldn’t care less .

“Yahhh you have to look good wherever you go , you have to take care of your image” scoulded Tao , “alright fine fine , I’ll try this one” Chanyeol sighed . The truth is whatever he wears the clothes will look good on him , he thought that to himself . After he had tried the clothes on he then paid for it and walk with the boys out of the mall . “We should go somewhere to eat , I’m starving” said Kris . The other two boys agreed to go somewhere to eat and they were escorted by Chanyeol’s bodyguard to walk out of the building so that the people , more like the girls would not start to bash them to get near them .


It has been two months since she moved to Seoul but she is still blurry to recognize the streets there . She would sometimes get lost and need to spend a night in a hotel because she cannot find her way back . And of course her Korean is not that fluent yet and she would misinterpret the directions given by the locals . It was the spring break so she had time to tour around Seoul but due to her Korean friends who will be busy to finish up their assignment this holiday she does not want to disturb them . She is also majoring in Fine Arts so she decided to take this time touring around Seoul to find new inspiration for her artworks .

“Babe where are you heading afterwards ? Do you need my help touring you today ?” asked Jandi to Hana , her roommate . “No its fine I know you’re busy with your assignment and I don’t want to disturb you . I’m going to the lake garden to look at the cherry blossom and I can find my way there so you don’t have to worry aite ?” Hana cleared it out to Jandi . “Alright then be careful okay and have fun . Don’t hesitate to call me if you get lost babe , we’re friends” said the petite girl . “Okay sure and yeah don’t get too stressed out with the assignment okay , im off now take care bye” said Hana to Jandi while they peck each other cheeks to say goodbye . Hana then grab her purple A-shaped coat and her purse and headed out the door to go down to where the bus station is . After waiting for about 10 minutes the bus that she needs to get on has finally arrived . She then sits on the left side of the bus next to the window and she reached for her headphone to put it on and starts playing the song that was on her playlist . As the bus stops at the red light ahead she then looked out at the window to see the streets and then a huge black van stop beside her bus . The windows were all tinted that all she could see is her own reflection staring back at her . She just stared at the black window with a straight face and wondered if there is a person in the van . While having this thought in her head and the music in her ears the bus started to move ahead again leaving the black van behind .


Kris and Tao was talking away with themselves about what food should they order later and such while they were on their way in the van to the restaurant . Meanwhile , Chanyeol was on the phone talking to his mom about the blind date he had tomorrow . “Yes mom I had everything prepared , Kris and Tao helped me choosed the outfit” ….. “mom you know im doing this because I love you”….. “yeap I wont be late again , mom I gotta go I talk to you soon aite byeeee muahh muahh” , Chanyeol hang up the phone while pouting . “Guess you don’t have any way out of this one this time hahah” said Kris to Chanyeol sarcastically . Chanyeol just punched his friend on the arm playfully .

 As their van stopped at the red light ahead , he then leaves his two friends aside and looked out the window . He saw that there is a bus on his right side and that he couldn’t see the view outside , as he was about to look away he then noticed a pair of eyes were staring straight at him . He couldn’t look away as if he was hypnotized by those brown eyes that looked at him . He felt that his heart missed a beat when he saw the foreign face by the window , it captured his attention . He did not blink an eye and wondered if she can see him when he knows that his van was tinted . He was not able to answer his own questions and he felt his eyes followed the face as the bus started moving ahead leaving him behind . He then came to his senses and shaked his head as if he was dreaming but deep in his heart he feels that he needs to see the face again .. soon .