One-Shot

Different in my eyes

                Rin waiting for her best friend at airport when arrive there. Both of them always connect by social web and begin their friendship. One day, her best friend invites her to Seoul to enjoy holiday as she get free tickets for one of concerts there. Rin looks around while mutter, “She should already here by now.”

                Rin notices someone wears sneakers, black hoodies-jacket to cover the yellow tank-top and jeans, walking towards her but she can’t see who the person is as hoodies somehow cover light to the person’s face. The person asks, “You’re Rin Walker, right?”

                “Yes, that’s me. Who are you?” Rin want to know how that person knows her full name but the question stuck in .

                The person takes off her hoodies and shows her face that really makes Rin surprise. She says, “Wow, you look really different from pictures, Karina.”

                “Really?! So, what you see right now is the real me.” Say Karina as she shows herself.

                Rin curious about something and asks, “Why you hide your face?”

                “Nothing, just for fun.” Joke Karina before she says, “I hide my face as I heard some idols will come here and I use this to cover my ears. Forget about that; let’s go to hotel as you must be tired from flight.”

                “Un.” Nod Rin before join Karina. She knows that Karina arrive a day earlier while walking to leave the place but she suddenly bump with a guy with red hair and wear shades to cover his face. She feels really hurt on her knee and feels really irritated.

                “Rin, are you okay?” ask Karina who rush towards her before Rin scold to the unknown person, “Don’t you have eyes to walk carefully?”

                “I’m sorry and I was in hurry to a place.” Say the guy.

                One of them shouts, “Hyung, we need to hurry up.”

                Then, they hear fan shouts, “Wah, Hyun-Seung and Dong-Woon from B2st are here.”

                Fans begin surround them and the girls can’t run away at that moment. Security brings all of them leave to a place within the building. B2st’s manager quickly says, “You just arrive Seoul and already make problem, Hyun-Seung?”

                “I didn’t make any problem.” Whine Hyun-Seung.

                Karina irritated to hear it, “WHAT? You bump her and make her almost like fly away but say that you didn’t do anything. It really makes me want to hit you real good.” She stands up and wants to hit him but Rin pulls her to sit down as she already understands that her best friend really short-tempered.

                Manager look at Karina’s profile for awhile and realize something, “Ah, you’re the one who get special ticket for the concert, Karina Niji Melody Lenoir. Why you didn’t contact us when you arrive here?”

                “I already contact your company and only your staff answers it. He told me everything that I need to know about my hotel and I already go there.” Say Karina bluntly.

                “Ne, Karina, the concert that you told me is…” Rin waits for Karina’s answer, “…B2st’s concert.”

                “Which name we should call you since your name too long?” ask the manager and she reply to call by Karina.

                She looks at her phone and says, “Ah! I have something to do right now. Rin, if I give address to you, could you go to hotel by yourself?”

                “I don’t think I can do that…” Rin a bit afraid to walk by herself with the injured knee.

                Karina bluntly point towards Hyun-Seung, “You should send her to hotel since you caused her in pain or you want me to spread rumour that you’re just plastic idol. You should take responsibility on that you already did.”

                “You never change ever since the first time I met you, Min-Ra… always threat people for your own sake without care who your target is.” Say their president as he walks into the room.

                “President, you know who is her?” ask manager.

                “She is my daughter from my mistress and she is naughty sneaky girl. We met few years ago when her mother get works here.” Say president.

                Karina crosses her arms in annoyance, “Don’t act like you ever care about me! The people who I could proudly call as my parent, already died in accident last month. You only someone that my parent know.” She looks at Rin and says, “I will meet you again after I return to hotel, okay? See you again.”

                Rin can’t respond to Karina as that girl already leaves and it seems she’s avoiding the president. Hyun-Seung groans as scratching his head before says, “Okay! I will send you to hotel and ONLY TO HOTEL.”

******************

                It seem Rin’s journey to hotel seem easier without any challenge even she’s with a popular Korean idol. The procedure to check-in hotel also smooth but there’s something that distract her mind after witness something. He notices it and asks, “What are you worrying about? Everything already happens.”

                “Nothing… it just I surprise to know my friend have something different.” Say Rin.

                “You have met her before this?” Hyun-Seung looks towards Rin who shake her head, “Then, you don’t have right to say like that to her. Spending most time talking in cyberspace doesn’t mean the same in reality. Maybe the one who you chat is not same like what you saw in front of the eyes.”

                “You only know to throw mean words to me.” Complaint Rin.

                They arrive at Rin’s room and he opens the door. He says, “That’s the reality of the world that we’re living right now. You better get some rest and treat the injury before it gets infection.”

                Rin can’t hide her surprise when Hyun-Seung say like that before leave her but deep in her heart, it only normal to say like that since it natural for idol to make sure everything safe. She gets into her room and rest herself on the fluffy bed. The room seem too big for her to stay alone but she can’t say anything as everything already prepared for her.

                “Ah!” Rin remember something, “I need to treat my knee.”

*****************

                “So, the reason why you’re here because he sends tickets for you is your biological father wants to meet you?” Rin makes guess after hear everything from Karina during they take their dinner.

                Karina nods, “Yeah, I’m really sorry because drag you into my problem but I really want to meet you and this is the only chance to do it.” Both of them decide to take their dinner at famous bibimbap at that night even it a bit far from hotel that they’re staying.

                “I never think you get involved in such problem since you’re always happy when we were chatting.” Say Rin.

                “Well, sometimes… I need to act strong to avoid people around me worry.” Say Karina. She finishes her meal and look around the place. Rin want to say something but she already come out with an idea, “How about we go out for shopping tomorrow? We need to wear beautiful and stylish clothes for the concert.”

                “But do you have any good places for that?” ask Rin. Karina only smiles without want to comment anything about it.

****************

                “Then, why I’m also here?” ask Hyun-Seung while the girls still choosing clothes.

                Karina glares to him, “It’s not my decision but your president who want it. He’s just too paranoid to let me with Rin only. He thinks I still don’t know this place but I have been here for few times without his knowledge.”

                Rin takes her seat beside him when feel tired and says, “It must busy for you to become babysitter when you have concert tomorrow.”

                “You know about it but since it is order from president … nothing I could do. We’re just lucky that today we don’t have any rehearsal but we have dinner with him tonight.” Say Hyun-Seung. He leaves out sigh, “I already plan to relax in the dorm before car arrives to bring us to dinner.”

                “At least, you can ride limousine with us.” Say Karina as she finally decides which clothes to buy, “And we also will join the dinner, Rin.”

                “Why I also need to join the dinner?” ask Rin but Karina just shakes her head to indicate she doesn’t know why.

*******************

                Rin really surprise when know that she being leave with Hyun-Seung before the dinner. Apparently, Karina needs to leave earlier without her for some ‘family’ reason. Hyun-Seung says, “Hurry up or we will be late to be there with my members.”

                “Reminder for you, girls always takes their time to get ready and I already kind enough to let you wait inside my room.” Say Rin as she takes seat in front of the dresser.

                She still think what she should do with her hair; ponytail or just let it loose. She holds hair brush in playful manner but soon move to Hyun-Seung who helps her to style her hair into half-ponytail. He says, “Wow, I never think you have such a silky hair since you are not feminine girl.”

                “I’m sorry for not being feminine girl like your lovely fans.” mock Rin before pout.

                Hyun-Seung gets something to , “Are you already fall for me?”

                She flinches to hear those words and quickly says, “In your dreams. I don’t have time for anything like that.” Rin checks herself in the mirror and feel happy with it.

                Both of them leave the room as the car already wait for them at outside the hotel. Somehow, they manage to escape from fans that seem waiting outside the hotel. Rin can’t stay calm because sit inside big car with Hyun-Seung but he looks really relax while on the way.

**************

                The dinner seem like normal one except the president’s wife exchange glare with Karina. Everyone really enjoy the dinner who prepare by famous western chef that specially hire for that dinner. Suddenly, president says, “I hope during the concert you guys ready to introduce your lover.”

                “We already okay but only Hyun-Seung who doesn’t have lover. We already told her to choose any girl to act as his lover but her don’t want to find for the right girl.” Say B2st leader, Doo-Joon.

                The president’s wife says, “Just take that illegitimate child to be with your boy. I bet she will be really happy for it.”

                “Sad news to you that I already have my fiancé who already wait for me until he graduate from university and he’s better person than someone who only put blame.” mock Karina as she drinks from her glass.

                “Both of you! Stop fighting when we in dining table. None of you are little kids anymore.” Scold president before return his attention to the boys. “So, what should you do, Hyun-Seung? You want me to hire any girls for you?”

                Hyun-Seung tries to figure any possible answer for it and get an idea, “Actually, Rin… Karina’s friend is my lover but before this, we only communicate through email and social webs.”

                President happy to hear it but not for Rin who surprise to hear it while Karina shot intense glare to him. Gi-Kwang scans Rin from her seat and says, “Wah, your taste is not that bad, Hyung.”

                “But I have never seen you chatting with anyone before this.” Say Jun-Hyung. He clearly remember that Hyun-Seung never care about chatting with anyone as they busy with their works in many things.

                Hyun-Seung begins panic with it and throws ‘help’ look towards the girl who sits in front of him. Rin wipes and says, “We rarely chat since I don’t want to disturb his busy works as idol. I’m the one who ask him to carefully close the relationship from everyone.”

                Karina gives are-you-serious look towards her best friend but Rin only ignore it.  She never think her best friend know who is B2st as none of them that actually have interest in K-pop. President happily says, “That’s good since you guys will say that concert dedicated for your lover.”

                “You only do it for profit.” Karina finishes her meal and drink water. Everyone there could sense Karina still hate with president even after many things that he does for her.

                “Walker-ssi, I hope you’re ready for the concert tomorrow as we will have special thing that prepare for you. At least, you should do basic of dance.” Say president before take sip of his wine. Rin could only as she doesn’t know what kind of response is the best at that moment.

***************

                “Why you suddenly agree with him?” ask Karina while they on the way to return to their hotel. They boys ride other car from them that give chance for her to ask Rin.

                Rin tries to find the best answer, “I don’t know why I could agree with him.”

                “You should know when he announces you as his girlfriend; you will face thousands of challenges that only hurt you.” Say Karina. She only wants the best for her best friend who always hopes for normal life and she seem understand the pain to be in love with idol.

                “Karina…” Rin grab the girl’s attention, “Why you seem really oppose it even it only for an act?”

                Karina looks outside to clear her mind and calm herself before reply, “I… actually has been in relationship with a singer but at the end, it only hurt myself with his stupidness. Since that day, I don’t believe people in same boat with him.”

                “Let me prove to you that what you had faced will be different from me and not everyone like him.” Declare Rin.

                “Okay…. I will let you to continue with your plan but you need to remember that we only here for awhile. I’m sure you already purchase ticket to return to you place before you reach here.” Say Karina that makes Rin remembers the fact that she will leave that place when everything ends.

***************

                Rin feel really happy on that day as it will become beginning for her to enjoy concert of her lover. She look herself in the mirror before realize something; everything just an act to fulfil what president want and she only there for vacation. She asks to herself, “Am I make right choice right now?”

                She seems lost in thought when knock on the door make her return back to reality. She peeps through spy hole with hope it is Hyun-Seung but it seem Karina wait in front of the door. She takes her handbag and step-out from her room. Karina reads her mind, “Hoping for him to you?”

                “You already know the answer.” Pout Rin.

                “I just can tell you that he can’t come here because he has last rehearsal with others. Let’s go since the car already waits for us.” Say Karina. They walk to lobby where the car already waits for them.

                “Which one of you is Hyun-Seung’s girlfriend?” ask the concert staff and Karina points towards Rin. “There are special seat that already prepared for you but you can’t bring your friend along.”

                Rin worries to leave Karina alone but her best friend says, “Don’t worry about me; I will be around here until concert end and my seat are not that far from you.”

                “How you know about it?” ask Rin.

                Karina replies, “He already show me map of this venue and I remember it.”

                Rin reluctantly follow the staff to her seat and try to find seat of her best friend. She begin feel guilty to leave that girl alone when it was her idea to watch the concert. She checks her phone and realize message from Karina, ‘You should calm down a bit before concert. You will make other people anxious with your nervousness.’

                She tries her best to focus to the stage when the concert begin and slowly forget her anxious when see Hyun-Seung performing on stage. Her eyes can’t take off from him as he really sparkling and have fun on the stage. mutter, “Wah, he look really cool while on the stage. Why I never met him before if he this popular?”

                When come to MC part, everyone begin says, “Today, we really happy because we can meet all of you today. We also really happy because this concert is dedicated to our special girls that accept who we are.”

                Everyone take turn to say something to their lover and when come to Hyun-Seung, “I admit that you may not my ideal girl when what make me attract to you, you never treat me as an idol. I still remember the first day that I met you and you angry with me and that really cute. I love you.”

                Rin blush to hear it and could see Hyun-Seung wink towards him. She holds her heart and mutter, “This only act and I will return back to my place when the concert ends.”

                When the concert end, she and other girls being to visit their lover at backstage. Rin doesn’t know if she should join them to meet him or not but only follow with hope everything will be okay. Hyun-Seung gets near her and asks, “Enjoying your first time watching my concert?”

                Rin could only nods as she knows that she can’t hide the fact that she’s enjoying it. She looks around to find her best friend and he says, “If you want to find your best friend, she already return to hotel. It seem she only watch half and begin feel sick. That’s what president told us.”

                She begins worry about how she’s going to get back and he says, “I will send you back but you need to wait for me. I need to change clothes first and maybe some cleaning.”

                She nods, “Arasso! I will wait for you.” Hyun-Seung ruffles her hair before run to dressing room.

                President gets near her and says, “I have something to ask help from you. It’s about my daughter… I hope you could pursue her to meet me again before you guys leave Seoul.”

                “I will try since…” Rin need to find correct words, “She’s a stubborn girl and it not that easy to talk.”

                “You already know about it but I really want to fix my relationship with her.” say president. Rin can’t say anything to make president feel ease since they know how Karina’s attitude over something that she doesn’t want.

                Hyun-Seung leaves the room but stops his steps to see Rin in middle of talking with president. He always wonders why his president really wants to meet his daughter even he never cares before this. He coughs a bit to grab attention and hear Rin says, “I will have to excuse myself first. Thank you for giving chance for me to watch this wonderful concert.”

                Rin and Hyun-Seung walk together side by side to leave the place. He notices something wrong with her and decide to asks, “Worry about your best friend?”

                “It’s obviously a lie if I’m not worry about her. She may look strong but really easy to fall apart. I really hope I could help her but I don’t know what I should do…” Rin sigh when think how useless she is.

                Hyun-Seung get an idea, “How you about you invite her to go play at amusement park? I can bring both of you there as I have a week break after this.”

                “That’s a good idea…” Rin feel down again, “…but I’m sure she will suddenly leave both of us.”

                “You don’t have to worry about that matter. I will invite my friend along and he can keep company for your best friend.” Hyun-Seung really wants to make Rin smile as he already attract to her smile.

                “Kamsahamida, Hyun-Seung. I really happy when you can come out with that idea.” Say Rin as she suddenly hugs him before realizes it.

                She quickly apologizes and Hyun-Seung says, “It’s okay and you really cute when blushing.” Both of them walk in silent until arrive at the hotel as they enjoy the moment.

                While in elevator, Rin says, “I’m thinking to check on Karina before return to my room.”

                “She’s really lucky to have you as her best friend.” Say Hyun-Seung while he pats her head. Somehow, Rin’s heart beat faster than usual with that gesture and his pure smile.

                Rin knocks the door after feel calm down. It takes awhile before her best friend open the door and surprise to see her best friend’s face look really pale but then, she remember something, “Ah! She couldn’t stand with crowded place… how I could forget that important thing.”

                “Don’t worry about me, Rin. I’m okay.” Say Karina while try to stable herself at the door. Rin want to say something but she quickly catches that girl who almost fall down to the ground. Hyun-Seung helps to bring Karina in her room.

                He really surprise to see many bottles of medicines in the room after settle Karina on bed. He asks, “Is she sick or what?”

                “Well, from what I know… she really strict with her own health and she just heal from serious diseases. She said can’t leave those in order to live longer.” Say Rin. She fixes blanket on the girl’s head and opens the refrigerator to find cold patch before put on her forehead.

                Hyun-Seung sigh, “I wonder if my idea to go amusement park good enough.”

                “I will talk to her when she’s awake.” Say Rin but then, her stomach growls that make her face blush.

                “I will go out to buy food. Do you have anything that you want to eat or just let me to choose?” say Hyun-Seung.

                “I’m okay with anything.”  Reply Rin and Hyun-Seung go out to buy food for three of them. He can’t help himself to ignore that girl as she really unique from other girls that he usually met. That girl never care about who is him and the only one who pure to express her emotions.

**********************

                “It’s good to see you are okay. I almost thought that my plan will ruin because you fall sick.” Say Hyun-Seung while three of them eating in Karina’s room.

                “What do you mean by plan?” ask Karina.

                Rin wipes , “He wants to bring both of us to amusement park and we could enjoy ourselves there. If you worry you will be leave alone, he will ask his friend to accompany you. Ah, you will have to tell your fiancé first about it as I don’t want you to fight with him.”

                “My fiancé? I don’t have any fiancé.” Rin and Hyun-Seung surprise and want to know more, “I only do that because want to shut that old hag mouth. She always gets on my nerves and I need to do something to avoid more bad things happen.”

                “No wonder I feel weird when you said that as you never mention anything to me before.” Say Rin.

                “Wah, I really think you’re playgirl since you have that image it when I saw you.” Say Hyun-Seung and he quickly dodge bottle throw from Karina. They spend time in that room for quiet long since they talk about many things.

                Hyun-Seung send Rin to her room and says, “It seem I will give one day for you to rest before we go to amusement park.”

                “You also need to get enough rest as you just finish your concert. Good night.” Say Rin.

                Hyun-Seung pulls her into quick kiss before leave the place. Rin really surprise and didn’t get enough time to react with it. He waves to her before disappear from her sight. She gets into her room and still remembers the warmth on her lips.

*******************

                Rin can’t settle down on what she should wear for the date and plan to ask advice from her best friend but can’t find her as no reply after knock the door. She walks around the hotel to find that girl, “Eh?! Where’s she?”

                She found her sitting inside the bar and enjoying herself like nothing happen to her. She takes seat beside her, “You already drinking from time like this? It still early.”

                “I don’t drink any alcohol and only mocktails. This bar always serves best drinks for me.” Say Karina as she takes sip from glass.

                “Karina, you always come here, right? You doesn’t awkward to be around this place.” Say Rin.

                Karina put her glass, “He only does all of these because of want to fix everything. He plans me to move here and take care of me but his wife would never agree with it as she afraid I will take over everything from her.”

                “So, you actually still want to meet him but never know how to get along.” Say Rin and her best friend only nods. The bartender serves Kir Royal for her with smile before continue his works in the bar. She wants to say something but never get out from .

                At the end of it, Rin couldn’t ask help from Karina as that girl seem really need relax on that day. She chooses clothes from the wardrobe and sees if it is suit her for the tomorrow’s date in front of the mirror. She falls asleep after exhausted choosing clothes.

****************

                Rin wake up late and it make her get ready in rush. She complain to herself, “Ah~~! I should wake up earlier and now, I may ruin everything.”

                She meets Karina who waiting for elevator. Karina greets her, “Don’t get enough sleep?”

                “You already know about it. I don’t know why I feel really nervous for it.” Say Rin.

                Karina takes out some make-up before apply it on Rin’s face and says, “There you are. Look better than before since this is your first date.”

                “First date? We only go to amusement park.” Say Rin.

                Karina whisper, “Yeah but I will leave both of you alone because I’m amusement maniac. I will move faster than anything else when I’m there.”

                They get into elevator and go to lobby where Hyun-Seung and his friend, Min-Ho already wait for them in the car. They only make small greet before begin their journey to amusement park. Hyun-Seung says, “You look great today.”

                “Thank you.” Say Rin.

                As soon they arrive at the planned destination, Karina and Min-Ho disappear in second. Hyun-Seung says, “It seems we will only meet them when they finish play all the attractions. Min-Ho really likes this kind of place.”

                “Same goes with Karina.” Say Rin.

                “So, which one you want to go first?” ask Hyun-Seung and they choose to ride roller coaster before anything else.

                “I feel really happy to spend time with you since you never care my title as idol.” Say Hyun-Seung.

                Rin want to test him, “So, what you’re going to do if I’m your crazy fan? Will you dump me and run away.”

                “It would be hard to believe since you scold me on the first time we met. If you really my fan, you would never do that because afraid that I may hate you.” Say Hyun-Seung. Both of them get into line to ride it and notice the two people who arrive together with them, actually at front line of the roller coaster.

                They enjoy their time there but something distraction happens. Hyun-Seung’s fans come towards him and ask, “What are you doing here?”

                “Oh, I’m in middle of date with my lover since this is her first time to come here and I want to share my free time with her.” say Hyun-Seung as he hugs Rin’s waist. That action makes her face blush heavily but then, she get feeling of intense stare from his fans.

                “She doesn’t look fashionable like you.” Say the other fan.

                “I know but I like the real her. The gap that she has make my heart beating fast for her.” say Hyun-Seung. After that, he excuses himself and Rin to leave those fans before mutter, “I apologize about what happen. It really hard to close their mouths.”

                “You don’t have to close it. Sometimes, we need to hear what people tell us for improvement.” Say Rin. He wants to apologize again but Rin quickly change the topic as she doesn’t want to spoil the mood.

****************

                “Already finish playing?” ask Hyun-Seung when Min-Ho and Karina meet them back but only arrive after 2 hours they finish playing.

                “Oh, we have something to do just now.” Say Min-Ho.

                “Yeah, I need to make time to take my medicine.” Karina makes excuse to cover something.

                They decide to make stop at ice-cream shop to relax and it also his plan to introduce Rin to what he likes. They talk happily about many things but then, Rin realizes something, “Today is my last day here and I have to leave tomorrow.”

                “Can’t you stay here longer?” ask Hyun-Seung.

                “I want to stay here longer but…” Rin doesn’t know how to say it until Karina cut, “You still have things to do at your place, right? It already hard to let them you to go here.”

                “Where do you live?” ask Hyun-Seung.

                “I live at Singapore and it totally different from what you think. Our worlds really different.” Say Rin while looking to the ground.

                Hyun-Seung lifts her face and says, “I never care about that because I like you. I will go there to visit you.”

                “Um… Min-Ho ssi, how about you accompany me to a place? I really need to go there or I won’t have enough time.” Say Karina. It seem she get ‘message’ from Hyun-Seung to leave both of them alone there.

                Hyun-Seung gently take Rin’s hands into his and says, “I know you think this happen because I want to keep pretending but actually, I really love you. You always make my heart beating rapidly that worse than before I make performance. After meeting you, I learn there are many things that I don’t know in this world and want to explore more.”

****************

                “Are you sure that you don’t want him to send you today?” ask Karina when send Rin to airport.

                Rin shake her head for several times, “I don’t want to see him say good-bye to me or I will cry in front of him. I don’t want person that I like… love say good-bye to me.”

                “If you say like that… just don’t forget to tell when you already arrive at your place.” say Karina as she hugs her best friend.

                “I hope you could make-up with your father before you leave here next week.” Say Rin.

                “I only stay here because I have something to do and it not concern of him.” Reply Karina.

                They hear announcement that the flight that Rin get in will depart. Both of them hug for the last time before Rin leaves while says, “I’m happy to be here with all of you.”

*************

                It already several months since Rin’s vacation at Seoul and she begin focus back to her life. She misses Hyun-Seung but doesn’t know how to contact him. She tries to ask Karina about how to contact him but that girl doesn’t know anything about it since her also already return to her place.

                She reads email from Karina when she arrive home, ‘Yo! How your life there? I hope it always great even there are down moments. Just like what you asked me before you leave Korea, I already fix my relationship with my father but not with his wife. It seems she afraid if I will take over the company and chase her out. *laugh*He begin his responsibility as my father but I told him that I don’t want to move there because I’m happier to be here. Love Karina.

P/s: I heard from Min-Ho that Hyun-Seung will go to your place but don’t know when and I ‘accidentally’ give your address to him. Be prepared.’

                “If he really comes here, there will be chaos as his fans will know he comes here.” Say Rin.

                Suddenly, bell ring and she casually open the door without checking who it is before her eyes go wide. It is Hyun-Seung in front of her eyes and says, “I already told you I will come here and no one knows about it.”

                Rin really happy to see him and jump to hug him. He says, “You really unfair because left without say good bye to me. I almost like insane people.”

                “Sorry, I just don’t want to cry in front of you.” Say Rin.

                Hyun-Seung says, “Just cry in front of me because I will cover and hide you from other people.” He goes there after finally get longer vacation than before this and want to spend the whole holiday with his lover that different from other girls in his eyes.