Chapter 1: Kyungsoo graduates!

Just Be Gay Already!

It is 10 am in the morning. The birds are chirping, the sun is bright and a handsome young lad opens his eyes to greet the wonderful and beautiful d--

"Oh sh**t I'm late!"

--ay.

It's 10 am in the morning and the handsome young boy, Do Kyungsoo is late. He hurries downstairs for breakfast and is greeted by two not so good looking parents. Both had worn out smiles and dark circles under their eyes to emphasize the lack of sleep. "Good morning!" The mother greets her young son with a fake chirping sound. Kyungsoo only shrugs as he grabs a sandwich from the table, earning a glare from his father. "You better do well in your final exam, son." His father said in an expressionless tone. Although Kyungsoo was pretty sure he heard a growl of some sort.

"Eureureong eureureong eureureong dae~" Kyungsoo sings as he slings his backpack behind him, earning another glare from his father.

"You better sing later on when good results come out." Kyungsoo nods slowly and rushes out of the door without even saying goodbye to his parents. Well, if your parents start scaring you, it is definitely best to get out of the house. Especially when they scare you with regards to academics. Or anything scary at all.

The reason why his parents were pressuring him in the creepiest "Insidious movie" way, is because he couldn't afford to lose his chance of becoming the valedictorian of the school. He has gone way too far to lose all of his hard work over Kim Joonmyun or Suho, as he likes to be called, a potential valedictorian like Kyungsoo. Both are actually good friends, but at the same time they were rivals. Anyway, that isn't the point. 

The point is that Kyungsoo wants his friend to be the valedictorian and not him. He tries his best not to be the nerd he really is, but if he doesn't beat the crap poop out of Joonmyun (in an intellectual battle), he'll be dead. His parents will kill him, and then he'll be dead.  

-*-

"Yah Kyungsoo-ah!", Suho gives his friend a small chuckle. "Don't overwork yourself, okay? How are you going to go back to Seoul looks bright and chirpy in front of your Seohyun?" This has earned a wide grin from the other just by hearing her name.

Seohyun was Kyungsoo's first love. The two were inseparable back during middle school days, but ironically enough, the parents separated them. They brought Kyungsoo to America before the start of high school. The two haven't been maintaining contact, so Kyungsoo hasn't heard from her for years now. Which is weird, because there is Facebook, there is Twitter, so why the hell hasn't Kyungsoo stalked Seohyun?

Actually, Kyungsoo is in fact, a natural born stalker. He had already searched for Seohyun in all social media available like kakaotalk, line and the like. But sadly, he didn't have the courage to talk to her. What a coward.

"Don't worry! I won't hyung!" Kyungsoo laughs. "But you better do well alright? My parents are pushing me to my limits." It is supposedly a warning, but by the way Kyungsoo did a fake sob, with both his hands balled into fists hovering over his cheeks-- it did not look like a warning at all.

"Yah, yah stop being cute and do your work already!" Both of them laugh at this remark and continue to do some ew math ew equations.

 

"I'm going to miss you, hyung." Kyungsoo smiled a little bit sentimental than usual, and Joonmyun answered him with a hug.

"Tsk, tsk. You're going to have to pay for leaving me here alone..." The hug got tighter. "Being an Asian... Alone." And when Kyungsoo thought his Hyung's whining is over,"alone in this western world--"

"Fine, what do you want me to do?" Kyungsoo let out a chuckle as Joonmyun put one hand under his chin.. Kyungsoo couldn't help but laugh at his friend who is looking a lot like the statue "The Thinker".

"Let me be the valedictorian, then." And Kyungsoo smiles and nods in agreement.

"Sure."

-*-

Graduation was finally over. Everyone graduated with flying rainbows of colors. Everyone was like every happy little thing that could light up the whole planet-- except for Do Kyungsoo's parents. Kyungsoo graduated salutatorian of the batch and it didn't make his parents happy or proud. The young lad honestly didn't care about what his parents would think. His decision of giving up his position wouldn't affect his parents's promise of sending him back home to Korea for college. He would still get to see Seohyun even if didn't get any position at all anyways.

"Just do better when you get to college, son." His father said.

Kyungsoo gave his father and a mother the cutest bear hug he could ever give. He was nowhere near a big bear, so a 'cute' bear hug with satisfy. The parents sent him a small smile. He has done his best with whatever he wants to do, so it's only right they be happy for him.

"Now, appa, umma!"

"Bring me to Seoul!"