The Surprise

A REVENGE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 4

 

 

Yonghwa knew by heart what was in the package. He had looked at it a million times since the day he received it. Once again, as if to torture himself, he pulled the contents out and read it.

 

 

“Petition for divorce between Jung Yonghwa and Seo Joohyun. Petitioner: Wife.”

 

 

*Flashback*

 

 

“Sir.”Seohyun timidly added, “I think the package is from your wife.”

 

Yonghwa immediately scrambled out of his chair and rushed outside his office, closely followed by Jiyong.

 

“Where’s the package?!” Yonghwa demanded, as soon as he saw the messenger. He immediately signed for the package and ripped it open.

 

Jiyong, still not fully understanding what had happened, watched astounded as the papers fell from Yonghwa’s lifeless hands. He immediately went to pick them up and saw that it was a petition for divorce from his sister. Then, he turned and looked at Yonghwa who was just standing there, looking as white as a sheet.

 

“I think we have to talk. Let’s go back to your office.” Jiyong had to help Yonghwa walk back to the office. After making Yonghwa sit down, he helped himself to some strong drink from Yonghwa’s supply.

 

“Here, drink this.” Jiyong gave a glass of soju to Yonghwaand drank some himself.

 

Yonghwa regained some color after a shot of soju, “Want some more?” Jiyong asked, as he poured more alcohol in his own glass. Yonghwa shook his head and took the documents that Jiyong had placed on the desk. He felt numb all over as he re-read the heading. Then, he leaned back and closed his eyes as he rested his head on the back of his chair.

 

“I think you have some explaining to do.” Jiyong started. Then, his mind reeled as he looked at Taeyeon’s picture, “You bastard, tell me you didn’t do what I think you did!” He stood up to get to Yonghwa but then, something about Yonghwa’s demeanor stopped him, ‘This doesn’t make any sense.’ He thought to himself, ‘This guy looked too sad and depressed over losing Hyun.’

 

Yonghwa finally opened his eyes, “You can beat me up if you want. I deserve it for what I did.” He said tiredly, wishing that Jiyong would hit him or something, anything to stop the deadness he’s feeling inside right now.

 

Jiyong took another look at Yonghwaand said, “Just tell me what happened.”

 

Yonghwa sat straight up and started telling the story. After everything was said, he clutched his stomach as another surge of pain attacked him. Jiyong saw this and automatically, handed Yonghwa the medicine he had spotted on the desk.

 

“And now you don’t know where my sister is?” Jiyong stated.

 

“No. I’ve been looking all over for her. This.” As Yonghwa held the divorce documents up, “Is the first contact I’ve had since she left.”

 

“You are in love with my sister, aren’t you? Your plan of revenge backfired.” Jiyong was looking at Yonghwa with pity. Suddenly, he yelled, “What’s wrong with your family?! First, your sister assumed that I left her, now you go on this revenge scheme without checking all the facts out! You know what; I really do feel sorry for you! I hope my sister is fine and I hope that you continue to suffer!”

 

Yonghwa looked at Jiyong with defeated eyes, “You’re right. All this is my doing. Yes, I really love your sister. It all started with revenge in mind, by the time I realized what a special person Hyun is, it was too late to change anything. That’s why I wanted us to get marrie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter