18; Eavesdropping.

Sentience

Eavesdropping.

i will update chapter 18&19 as a double update for those who deserves it♥

 

“I still remember our first kiss.” Jongin hugged Minhee from behind and smelled his shampoo scent on her hair.

Minhee stopped brushing her hair and smiled, “When?”

“When you were drunk and asked me to kiss you.”

She turned her back, “Did I? When did I?”

Even before Jongin answered her question, his concentration was on his phone which was ringing. When he looked at the message,

“Wait here, don’t make a noise, okay? My manager is in front of the door.” He Minhee’s hair and kissed her temple.  If he was suddenly being serious, then the situation was really serious.

“We really need to talk.” Manager Park showed her serious face and walked inside.

“What, Noona?”

“What did you think when you said you don’t want to do the press conference? It’s not about you, your carrier and your life, but it’s about her safety! Don’t you know that people was throwing eggs to her? Or she doesn’t tell you? People threatening her every day, don’t you know?”

“I know.” He responded shortly, calmly.

“Are you just being selfish?”

“No,” he answered. “I just want to be with her. I will attend the college with her just like before, even though I can’t attend it regularly.”

“Do you think you can solve the problem with that simple thing?”

“No,” he repeated. “But I will solve it one by one, with my own hands. At least I can be with her, by her side.”

“Being a #1 actor is your biggest dream, no, it’s even your parents’ dream. And now you want to throw it away just like that? Just because of her?”

“Noona, you know Minhee, you know that she’s a good girl. You know how much I was suffering to get her.”

“I know, Jongin, I know,” she patted Jongin’s shoulder and looked to his pure eyes, “and you have to know that if you love her, you have to safe her. She’s a good girl, she doesn’t deserve all of this from your fanatic fans.” She took her purse and walked to the door, “I will delay the press conference and talk to boss. You better change your mind.”

“Never.” He answered boldly.

She really didn’t want to hear that all. She wanted to pretend like she knew nothing. She wanted to act like nothing ever happened. But she couldn’t. She heard that all, and there was a big fight inside; her mind and her heart.

Being a selfish was the only option if you were in this kind of situation. She could be a selfish and stay with him even though she could destroy his dream and his career. Or she could be a selfish and leave him even though she could break his heart; and hers.

It’s a lose-lose condition.

The tears really didn’t want to stop from falling to her cheek, even when she shut . It was really broke Jongin’s little heart when he saw her sobbing, trying to hold the sound and the tears. He hugged her, and let her cry in his arms. “I’m sorry.” He apologized.

“Do we really need to be separated?” she asked, and crying even harder.

“No, we will never.” He kissed the top of her head and hugged her tighter. “I don’t want to lose you after what I have done all this time to get you. I can’t be a friend with someone who I really love.”

She died a little bit inside when she heard his statement. He really loved her with his whole heart. This precious guy really loved Minhee.

“I will drive you home.”

It’s a bad decision to drive her home, because, there were bunch of reporters in front of Minhee’s house and they were waiting for her. Since the news of her and her Dad came out, people found it easier to find her house since it’s the head police’s house too.

Her Dad was in work and who’s protecting Zelo and her Mom right now?

“Jongin, I really need to go.”

“No,” he held her hand, “We really need to go.”

“But it was my fault, My Mom and even Zelo doesn’t deserve this. Please, Jongin.” She pleaded.

“I will go with you. Don’t say no because I don’t accept that.”

They were walking to the house, and surprisingly, Zelo was standing there in front of the gate, not letting the reporters to touch his house. That little kid is amazing, he would do anything to protect his family.

The reporters were turning their back to Minhee and Jongin, and they took many photo and throwing many question as much as they could at that time. And now, Zelo’s life wouldn’t be normal anymore because the reporters might upload his photo to the online site.

“Go inside with Zelo, I will do this. It’s my fault.”

“But –“

“Go!” Jongin pushed her and she dragged Zelo with her inside the house. She locked the door, and crying behind of it. Her Mom and Zelo were soothing her, telling her that everything will be okay like it used to. And she didn’t stop from saying sorry.

“When are you going to tell the public about the truth?”

“Are you really dating her?”

“Are you going to give up on you career for her?”

“Don’t you afraid if your fans will continuously bullying her?”

“Were you sleeping with her?”

“Is her Dad giving you a permission to sleep with her?”

They didn’t stop from giving Jongin many questions. If he wanted to be selfish, he could answer it in one shot. That he’s dating her, and he’s sleeping with her. But he had to think before talk.

With his shades that still protecting his eyes from the flash, he was just standing there, looking at many cameras in front of him. He couldn’t say anything.

“What are you doing in front of my house?” a policeman came out from the police car and walked to Jongin, protecting him. “I can drag you to the court right away if you don’t leave my house!”

Of course, being a police’s family is a good thing. And the reporters were running away, leaving Jongin and Mr. Choi behind.

“How did you know that they were here?” he asked, without take off his shades.

“The CCTV was linked to my computer in the office. That’s the only thing I can do to protect my daughter.”

“What can I do to protect your daughter?” he asked slowly, with his husky voice that got weaker. “What can I do?”

“I don’t know. It’s your choice. Just don’t hurt her. That’s the only thing I can tell.” He patted Jongin’s head, “I will back to work, and you have too.”

**

In the campus, she was just doing things normally even though some people was still looking at her differently. Her mind was messed every time she remembered about Jongin and their hard times. It wasn’t like she wanted to end it, it was because she didn’t want Jongin to end his career that he was dreaming from a long time ago.

It was his biggest dream, how could she break it?

When she walked soullessly, leaving the campus. A man was standing in front of a car and he suddenly approaching her. “I’m Jongin’s boss. Can we talk a little bit? You know why.”

She nodded, she noticed his face in almost every media because he’s the owner of the biggest entertainment company in Korea. Who doesn’t know him?

They arrived in the office, and walked straight to his room. Along the hallway, many picture of famous celebrity and idols were hanging in the wall, including Jongin. She was never realized that Jongin’s a really big star until she saw his photo hanging in the wall with the other global stars.

 He told her to sit and gave her a cup of tea, “We were training Jongin to sing, dance and act even from he was really young. Why? Because I found that star thing, the dream that he dreamed, and that talent that he got. And this company didn’t make any mistake from debuting him, because he got everything. And it was up until your dating news came up.”

She was looking at her feet, couldn’t even look at the boss.

“His manager couldn’t even control him now. Jongin is my golden maknae, I can’t let him go just like that. That’s why I have to do this by myself. I won’t do this to my another artist.” He smiled and took a sip of coffee, “He’s the youngest debuted artist here yet he’s the sunbae for most artist. Because of what? Beside he was debuting before the any other, he got that talent. He’s my maknae, my golden maknae, the #1 most wanted guy in Korea.”

“What do I do?” Minhee finally spoke up and looked at him, “What should I do?”

Leave him, sweety. I know that you love each other, but you’re not meant to be. Don’t break his dream. And think about your safety, his fans are even crazier than you think.”

Her tears started flowing, “If I… if I leave him… can you promise me to… to make his dream comes true? To protect his career? To make sure that he will be okay?”

“As long as you promise to leave him, we will guarantee his future.”

***