The chubby boy with candies.

You just turned my owl purple!

 

 

            Hearing the chatter of people around him and the loud sounds of the train itself really made everything feel surreal. Rushed footsteps and blurred bodies passed by in a hurry to make sure they got a good seat on the train that was shining brightly with its red paint in the morning light. There was also the sound of wings flapping and the occasional croak of a toad, along with the normal sounds of a cat meowing. His own pet shook it’s cage fiercely with his claws on the bars, wanting out desperately and it made Baekhyun feel bad that he had to keep the poor owl in its confinement for another eight hours until their destination.

            Taking a small packet out of his pocket, he opened it to give the brown bird a snack to calm her down briefly before getting on the train and finding somewhere to relax for the ride.Only moments later a large body crashed into him, making him drop the snack and he heard a deep voice pronounce an apology but they left before Baekhyun could see who it was. There were loud voices and hundreds bodies surrounding him, of course it would be impossible for him to figure it out. He stepped on the train, the cage in hand, and weaved through the idle bodies in the hallway looking everywhere just to find a semi-empty compartment. Several feet later he looked into the window of one cubicle that was empty besides one kid that looked about his own age, maybe a first year like himself?

            He slid the door open a bit shyly, watching how the other boy was too busy with the candies that were spread all over the seat to see him. “Uh, can I sit in here?” Baekhyun asked him and the other looked up, a bit surprised someone had entered without his notice.

            “Oh, yeah sure! Sorry, I didn’t see you come in. I’m Chanyeol! Park Chanyeol.” He introduced with a grin, handing a couple candies out to him. “What’s your name?”

            “Baekhyun.” He replied, with a more confident tone and a small smile, setting his owl’s cage on the floor and grabbing the candies from his hand with a thank you. Pulling open a small oddly shaped box he got shocked as a chocolate frog started moving in his hand and hopping onto the seat. He sat there for a moment totally frozen with wide eyes staring at the now still frog until Chanyeol’s laugh woke him from his trance. Baekhyun then grabbed it and started chewing on the milk chocolate, swallowing before he spoke again. "Are you a first year?"

           Chanyeol nodded, suddenly busy sorting through the candies again, all of them in order from chocolate, to sour, to sweet. He was a bit chubby, but still taller than Baekhyun himself. He had slim framed glasses resting on his nose, with plump cheeks and large eyes, but what stuck out the most though was the endearingly large fairy ears the boy had. He watched as the boy chewed on the treats, the corners of his mouth messy with the chocolate, making Baekhyun wipe the corners of his own mouth making sure he had none of the frogs sweet remains on his face.

         “Want me to show you something cool?!” Was the next thing he said after swallowing. Baekhyun nodded with big curious eyes as a slim wooden wand came into his view resting in the tight grip of Chanyeol’s chubby fingers. He smiled widely, his teeth shining bright as he chanted something that didn’t quite reach his ears and suddenly his owl let out a large hoot before Baekhyun focused on his now purple creature who seemed to be glaring at the boy at fault.

            A bubble of laughter reached his throat and before he knew it both of them were either laying on the train seats laughing until their stomachs started hurting. Little did Baekhyun know what he was getting into for befriending Park Chanyeol.

 

 

 

A/N: I hope this isn't too bad D: It's my first time publishing a story and I know it's short but I hope it's still enjoyable? I might end up creating a fuller story around this oneshot but it all depends on the feedback!