final.

Jackson. You. Pizza. Sass.

"Are you asleep?" You’re startled from your untimely snooze as Jackson Wang climbs into your lap and stares ‘lovingly’ into your eyes. "Am I that boring? I’m hurt," he places his hands on his heart with a big fake pout on his face.

 

"Get off me," you push your best friend off the couch with a grin, laughing as shouts of ‘oh’ and a  whiny "Don’t do that to mee~ I thought you loved me~" are spewed from that noisy guy’s mouth.

 

The Chinese man quickly picks himself up, though, and situates himself cuddled up to your side on the couch. You were used to Jackson’s clingy nature now, though you resented it earlier in your friendship.

 

"I had a surprise for you but I don’t want to tell you now," Jackson huffed, crossing his arms and acting like a spoiled toddler.

 

"Aren’t you a little old to be acting like this?" you roll your eyes at him and stifle a yawn as you wake up from your disturbed siesta.

 

"Aren’t you a little old to take naps?" he shot right back with a glare that no one could take seriously.

 

"Fine, I’ll just leave!" you pull his own trademark reaction on him, standing up with an exasperated pout that was only a little bit faked. You hadn’t taken more than two steps away from the couch when you hear the rapid "Nononono!" and find yourself dragged back into the seat by Jackson’s strong hands.

 

"I said i had a surprise!" he whined, locking his arms around you in a tight vice so you couldn’t run away from him.

 

"Well what is it?"

 

The doorbell rings and you feel a particular sense of dread that always follows when Jackson makes that smile.

 

You shouldn’t have worried, because a familiar redhead is standing in the doorway with a pizza in hand.

 

"You’re still working at the pizza place?" Jackson counts out the bills for Mark as he speaks while you take the meal from the young man’s hands. "What time do you get off tonight? Wanna hang out with us? I think Youngjae is coming over later,"

 

"No thanks, I already promised Bam that I’d take him and Yugyeom to a movie tonight," Mark shrugs in that quiet manner of his before a short goodbye and leaving for his next deliveries.

 

"Jerk," Jackson closes the door and turns to you with a fake frown plastered on his face. "He never takes me out to the movies. Mark,” he shakes his head, overly enunciating the name for dramatic effect.

 

You laugh as you take a bite of your pizza, only to discover that it was hotter than you expected. Your eyes go wide and you swallow the bite quickly only to gag as stringy cheese refuses to slide down your throat properly.

 

Jackson can’t stop laughing about it.