of dogs and kisses

love is a four letter word

love is a four letter word

the last few chapters


 

Lay and Yuri were helping out at a veterinary clinic. Lay had a very special treatment for dogs. He loved them like his children. He loved them like humans alike. Yuri shared the same thought, as well. She was raised with 7 dogs of different imported breeds. Most of them were guard dogs.

While Lay was trying to get his hands full with a Pomeranian trying to get a bath, Yuri watched him silently by the corner.

"Don't move, Berry. This bath will make you fresh and clean," Lay said to the furry dog.

My Lay.....

Yuri smiled and said, "Berry is really lucky."

"Why?" Lay looked up to her.

"Berry has someone really handsome and kind-hearted to clean her," Yuri replied.

"You do know how to make me smile every once in awhile," Lay responded.

"Well, you should smile once in awhile. Don't be the gloomy Lay I wanted to cover with my arms," she suggested.

Lay was pouring shampoo on his hand. He looked at Yuri for seconds. He continued bathing the Pomeranian and said, "Don't worry. I'll be the one to cover you with my arms."

Yuri was taken aback with what he said. She blushed. Her face was reddening. She tried to calm herself by asking Lay, "Are you going to be a vet?"

"Yeah. I actually have good news. I got accepted to a scholarship for veterinary medicine," Lay announced.

"Fascinating. That means you're getting one step ahead, eh? No matter what, I'm always here," Yuri said.

Lay finished bathing the cute dog. He left it on the table just to kiss Yuri on the cheek. Yuri began to blush again.

 

"Always here."


 

Sulli was sitting by the shade of the trees. She always came to the school garden when she felt upset. Today, she is really upset. Counting the days before Chanyeol finally leaves Iris High, Sulli's heart shattered into pieces. She recalled her mother's advice whenever she felt bad about something. We should all shout our feelings in a very serene place where no one else could hear. Sulli gulped and put her hoodie on. She cupped by her hands and took a deep breath.

"PARK CHANYEOL! YOU BABO! WHY CAN'T YOU NOTICE? ANI... WHY HAVEN'T YOU NOTICED?! I LOVED YOU ALL ALONG. I WATCHED YOU FROM AFAR. I SINCERELY LOVED YOU. BUT HOW? HOW CAN I DECIDE TO MOVE ON? THERE'S ONLY ONE WEEK LEFT BEFORE YOUR GRADUATION. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO FEEL?!" Sulli yelled.

Tears were rolling down her cheeks. She shouted from the top of her lungs, "CHANYEOL-SUNBAAAAE! IF ONLY YOU COULD HEAR ME RIGHT NOW, I LOVE YOU!"

 

"How true is that?"

Sulli shrieked. A male voice was heard around the silent garden of Iris High School. She was catching her breath. Somebody must be listening to her. She sat silently at the bench, listening closely to the rustle of dried leaves. Someone is walking towards her. Sulli was contemplating whether she should run or not. How can someone come at the garden at these hours? It's merely noon; no one really comes here. This is her refuge. How did someone find her today?

Sulli looked behind her shoulder. Chanyeol was standing behind her. She bit her lip.

"I said.... how true is that?" Chanyeol repeated.

"Y-Y-You heard everything? Wait, how did you even know I was here?" Sulli asked.

"You were so loud, Sulli-ssi. I was sleeping there," Chanyeol pointed out.

"Aish! Why did you even sleep there?" Sulli scratched her head.

"I heard everything. Now's your chance to explain," Chanyeol said.

Sulli closed her eyes. She removed her hood and let her brown hair flow down her shoulders. Chanyeol found her attractive.

 

Park Chanyeol was walking around the lobby, looking for a girl named Choi Sulli. She found Krystal and Kai by the classrooms, chatting with each other. Chanyeol interrupted them and asked if they saw Sulli. Having remembered that Sulli must be agitated from Chanyeol and Seohyun's picture, Krystal told Chanyeol that Sulli might be shouting off her bad vibes at the garden. Chanyeol politely thanked her.

He just wanted to see her. He didn't understand what he felt after reading Sulli's diary. He felt this strong beating of his chest. He had never felt like this before.

He pretended to take a nap at the back of the garden, near the grassy fields of green. Sulli was sitting and pondering by herself. Chanyeol pretended he didn't exist.

 

"Sunbae, I know this is crazy. But since this is the last time.... I liked you. No, no. I love you," Sulli confessed.

"I know this is crazy, too. I mean, I've never known the real you. Which is why I'm intrigued when I read your diary..." Chanyeol trailed off.

"You read my diary?!" Sulli said.

"I read it when I saved you when you were sick," Chanyeol explained, "It fell down. I was not supposed to read it. I know it would be invading your privacy. But when it fell, I saw my name. And I was curious."

"O-O-Okay," Sulli stammered.

"I've never known you. But I will try my best to get to know you," Chanyeol said.

"What?"

"I want to give it a try."

"Try what?"

Chanyeol chuckled, "I want to try you and me."

"I'm sorry for being such an airhead, but I don't get it," Sulli said, wanting to clear what he said.

"I want to date you. I want to find out more about you," Chanyeol said carefully.

Sulli's face redenned. This was totally unbelievable for her. "Are you serious?"

"Mmm-hmm," Chanyeol affirmed.

Sulli stepped forward, "I am just so happy that I want to do this with you."

Sulli stepped on Chanyeol's feet, considering his towering height. She leaned in and kissed him on the lips. Her upper face felt the line of his eyeglasses. Sulli stopped and removed Chanyeol's eyeglasses. She kissed him again. Chanyeol pulled back.

"Choi Sulli, you're going to be my lifetime adventure," Chanyeol said as he put his hands on her waist.