senior hangout

love is a four letter word

love is a four letter word

the last few chapters.


The Senior students finally set out to their last hangout for the schoolyear. They have already planned everything. They will be spending the weekends at a luxurious hotel and resort with the approval of their parents. Knowing this through eavesdropping, Sulli made sure to monitor her sunbae out through SNS accounts.

She felt assured upon seeing photos from Suho. Suho always had pictures with Chanyeol or Lay along. Sometimes, with a few girls. None of them posed a threat to Sulli except one.

Seo Joo Hyun.

The brainy princess of the Seniors.

She was shocked upon seeing a photo of Chanyeol and Seohyun filled with "♥" comments and "You look really good with each other" comments. She wanted to bang the keyboard to the monitor, but she just couldn't. She noticed Chanyeol's bright smile. And she did not like the fact that the two would be hanging out so quickly. Seohyun was never close with Chanyeol, but they remained as good friends. How the hell would these rumors flow?

Sulli checked Seohyun's accounts and discovered a whole lot of quotes and status updates that are obviously meant for Chanyeol. Sulli became so heartbroken that she went straight to bed that night.


Cicadas were making sounds. The cool air blowed against their faces. Almost everyone dozed off, but Baekhyun and Taeyeon were awake. Tomorrow, they'd be leaving the hotel. Graduation is in a few days already. All of them will be preparing for the future. Taeyeon and Baekhyun were by the pool, dipping their legs in the water.

"Thanks for the flowers, by the way.", Taeyeon said.

"Nah. You're prettier than those flowers.", Baekhyun uttered.

"What did you say?"

"I think you heard me."

Taeyeon smiled. "Back then, you were really really mean to me. What happened to you?"

"I changed for the better. Everyone deserves a second chance, you know.", Baekhyun said firmly.

"I believe that. But why.... "

"What?"

"I don't want to assume. But sending flowers, asking for forgiveness, confiding the most crucial secret to me... stuff like that. Why are you doing that?"

Baekhyun gulped. "I know you're a smart girl. You can never be fooled."

"So?"

"I... like you."

Taeyeon looked at the stars above before setting her eyes on Byun Baekhyun. Baekhyun was expecting a reply. He was hoping she'd like him back.

"Any more explanations?", Taeyeon demanded.

"I like you. And that's why I acted the opposite to you. Having realized this would lead me nowhere, I changed for the better.", Baekhyun said, "Will you accept this awful guy talking to you right now?"

Taeyeon blushed. "Of course I will. Only if... you brought enough clothes until tomorrow."

"Why? What shall we do?", Baekhyun blushed.

"I'm going to push you in!",Taeyeon yelled as she pushed Baekhyun to the pool.

"HEYYYY!"

"I like you too, Byun Baekhyun!"

"You're mine now?", Baekhyun swam through the edge of the pool.

"Yes.", Taeyeon affirmed.

"This is the best and the luckiest pool on earth.", Baekhyun jokingly hugged the pool's walls.