Throughout the years

Rainbows, sparkles and glitters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

** i kind of lost the flow in the middle :(

 

Sehun hates when babies cry. 


More when it’s the pretty baby who lives across their apartment. The baby is so tiny but his cries are the loudest and Sehun can hear it from his room. His mom said babies are supposed to cry. But Sehun disagrees. When he was a baby he didn’t cry much- he hears his parents saying that a lot. Then why does the pretty baby cry a lot? 

His Mom often takes him to the baby’s home. The baby screams a lot when he sees him. He even tries to climb out of his crib. Those times Sehun scolds the baby and tells him not to do so. But the baby just makes more weird noises and drools. Even if Sehun doesn’t like it he wipes the baby’s drool. Though it’s a bit hard. The crib is too high for him- Sehun heard the baby’s Mommy telling his Mom that it is because the baby is too energetic. Though Sehun isn’t sure what does it mean? Probably naughty. Yes, the baby is very naughty.

Oh. Has Sehun told the baby’s name yet? His name is Luhan. Even if Sehun doesn’t like him, in secret he thinks the name is very pretty. 

Secretly, Sehun also thinks Luhan likes him a lot. Or he wouldn’t stop crying each time Luhan’s mother put him in Sehun’s lap. Those times, he just sighs as he realizes he has to take care of Luhan. 

Why can’t Luhan’s Mom understand that Sehun is only four?

But in secret, Sehun actually likes it.

He likes taking care of Luhan.





Luhan is seven already but he is still a monkey. 

Sehun doesn’t understand how does the boy always jump around. He has even started going to school. Yet, Sehun has to look after him. There isn’t a day Luhan won’t come back home with a bruised knee or an elbow. 

His mother yells at him. His papa yells at him. Sehun yells at him. Even Aunt Kyungsoo who loves spoiling Luhan, scolds him. But Luhan just never seems to listen. He jumps. He sings. He runs. He screams. He breaks…..like everything.

Even after all these, Sehun wonders, how his Mom says Luhan is an angel. NO, he isn’t. Definitely no. It’s probably because every time the monkey boy comes to his house, he screams,

“Aunty Baekhyun, you look so pretty.”

And his Mom just dies at that. She even puts an extra scoop of ice cream in Luhan’s plastic bowl.

Sehun just shakes his head. Why doesn’t his Mom understand Luhan is just a sneaky little boy who knows his way to trick people?

Sehun is ten but he thinks he is smarter than his mother.

Absolutely.







Luhan is ten and he is sill a crybaby. Why can’t he understand that Sehun can’t forever be dumb and stay in elementary school? No matter how many times Sehun explains to him that Sehun will pick him up from school everyday and walk home together, the younger still stays upset. And He can’t stand his best friend upset at all.

“What if you make a lot of friends and don’t walk me home anymore?” Luhan says, eyes sparkling with tears and lips curling into a pout. 

Sehun’s little heart clenches as he sees his best friend tearing up.

“Don’t be so silly, Lu. You are my only best friend.”

“Say pinky promise.” 

“pinky promise.”

In secret, Sehun is actually worried. 

Not only Luhan is an accident-prone but also an easy target for bullies. He worries he will have to see Luhan getting hurt a lot now that he won’t be there to protect him. But he promises himself if someone lays a single finger on his baby, he will break him into pieces.

After all he is Luhan’s protector.

So what he is only thirteen? 








He has punched Chen pretty hard, not caring how much of a big problem he is going to face now. Even though they are cousins, both hate each other’s gut. The reason is pretty obvious- Luhan. Being a prankster Chen never forgets to tease Luhan to the point that the younger ends up wailing like a baby. Well, he is a baby. According to Sehun. And no one make’s Sehun’s baby cry. No one. Period.

Anyway, back to the punching story.

No matter how much of a hot headed Sehun is, he doesn’t hit people. (rolling his eyes always has been enough?) But Chen has crossed his limits by pranking Luhan into getting locked on the rooftop of their apartment building. Does he not know about his baby being afraid of high places? 

Then it even takes horribly long time for Sehun to find out about it. When he reaches there he finds his baby terribly shaken up, (and not mention wetting himself).

Sehun can’t really understand how Chen being a sensible adult can do this to a twelve years old kid.

“Just try to do anymore of these dirty thing on him, I will finish you.”

After that incident Luhan sure does get ill but Chen gets the scare of his life. 

And never comes to visit them anymore.







Sehun is sixteen and he is in love.

The girl is very pretty. She is in the same class as he is. Her name is Soojung. When he introduces her to Luhan, he thinks there is a weird mix of happiness and sadness written on Luhan’s face. Not being able to tell it, he asks Luhan. Luhan just hugs him tightly.

“I am so happy for you, Sehun.” He screams.

“Its Hyung for you Luhan,” Sehun, like always never miss to correct it. But boy, does Luhan ever listen.

“Are you really happy?” So Sehun asks.

“Yes, I am. As long as she makes you happy, I am happy too.” The younger replies. Sehun thinks may be Luhan has grown up finally. 

“Sehun, will you let me hang out with you and her?” Luhan whispers suddenly clinging onto Sehun’s hand, so Soojung won’t hear. At the sight, Sehun notices, she only rolls her eyes.

Sehun nods and ruffles his hair, “yes, silly.” 

“Yayy.”

Sehun does ignore Soojung’s silent plea of not letting Luhan join, as all three walks to Luhan’s favorite fast food place.








Sehun barely sees Luhan anymore. He feels guilty. Sehun is too busy with his senior year and girlfriend. He can’t help it. Sure he makes plan with Luhan but end up canceling them for very important reasons. 

And Luhan says he understands. So Sehun knows he shouldn’t worry much. 

But he does. He misses him so much. Whenever he sees Luhan’s face in the hallway, he feels his heart dropping as the younger looks so sad. But yet he smiles and waves his hands and mouth a miss you. 

And Sehun just wants to hug his baby tightly. 

But he doesn’t as Luhan goes back inside his flat.

When he to returns home after his date, his Mom only gives him side-glances. 

“Mom, I know you don’t like Soojung. But don’t you want me to be happy.”

“She can’t make you happy,” his mother deadpans.

“Maa, I love her. Why are you being like this?” Sehun whines. He doesn’t understand at all why his mother dislikes his girlfriend so much. Soojung has been nothing but nice to her- bringing her flowers, cakes and cookies. 

“Have you seen Luhan? He hasn’t come by for a while.” She says instead.

“I don’t know. May be he is busy.”

“I miss my gubu.” She mumbles as she leaves the kitchen.

“I miss him too.”

Sehun doesn’t say it aloud though.



Please Subscribe to read the full chapter