Chapter o1

C h e c k m a t e

Chapter o1

 

It was a bright ans windy and school had started a week ago. Dongwoo- was, once again- whining to his brother about how bored he was and how he wish to have something more fun and interesting to do other than sitting around and doing nothing. "Woohyun, I don't think I can survive this boredom much longer." he pouted as he cupped his own face.

 

Woohyun, his brother- well, step brother, a year younger than him by a year if they estimated it- thought Dongwoo was really annoying but he can't get annoyed by his brother and he didn't know why. Maybe because his hyung really seemed bored and well, he was plain cute. "Hyung, you know there are lots of thing to do around since the head director gave us this day a free day. I suggested lots of things to you already but all you do is ignore them." 

 

"But..", Woohyun can already imagine his hyung pouting more. The oler didn't finish his sentence since he realized Woohyun was really suggesting thing but he doesn't want to do any of it.

 

"Jang Dongwoo! Where are you!?"

 

Woohyun and specially Dongwoo looked at the direction where they heard someone yell Dongwoo's name.

 

"Hyung, I think he's.. looking for you." Woohyun pointed to the guy who just yelled. There was someone beside him too. Another guy with caramel colored hair and cute eyes. "I think so.." The man who yelled was Lee Howon, he prefered to be called 'Hoya' though. Dongwoo raised his hand awkwardly signaling Hoya that he is Jang Dongwoo.

 

"Woohyun, is this a chance?" Dongwoo whispered to Woohyun as he saw Hoya and his 'right-hand-man' walk towards them.

 

"Are you Jang Dongwoo?!" Hoya asked with a not so loud yell and pointed to Dongwoo. His eyes were determined and he looks like wants to fight or something. "I.. am." Dongwoo answered rather slowly.

 

"That's it! I demand you to do a dance battle with me! And the loser gets to do whatever the winner wants without complain whatsoever." Hoya suddenly shouted and the students started to whisper somethings to each other.

 

Woohyun and Dongwoo were surprised at Hoya's sudden rising of voice. "Uh.. Okay, I guess?" Dongwoo said shyly, scratching the back of his neck.

 

"Good. I'll meet you again to tell you when and where is the venue. No more backing out now." Hoya warned himm, sent him glares and then walked away, followed by his 'right-hand-man' silently.

 

"Hyung, what just happened?" Woohyun asked the older, still confused as hell. "He.. challenged me to a dance battle. I guess that happened." the older answered, still looking at the back of the walking Hoya and his 'right-hand-man'.

 

"How did he even know you dance?"

 

There was a silence for 10 seconds then suddenly the brothers looked at each other and stood up together immediately as if they know what the other thinks. They ran to the bulletin board and yes.. maybe Hoya knew about him here. There was a bright yellow paper and written they was the voting system to have a final school solo dance representative.

"Ah, so that's how he knew." Dongwoo nodded to himself. Then he realised something and glared at Woohyun. "W-what? Don't look at me like that!" he pushed Dongwoo lightly.

 

"Woohyun! How dare you send that kind of picture of me to the school board!?" Dongwoo yelled and Woohyun ran so he ran after him too.

 

The truth is, Woohyun only convinced Dongwoo to run as a candidate for the school solo dance representative. And Dongwoo, with his massive love for dance, agreed. He doesn't really liked competition and he didn't know how the heck Woohyun made him agree but that's it. And the school board asked gor a picture, and his damned brother sent that kind of picture! It was taken at his mom and Woohyun's dad's wedding.

 

When Dongwoo couldn't reach for Woohyun, he gave up and sat on a near school bench and rested. He can wrestle and kill Woohyun at home anyway.

 

• • •

 

Woohyun was running away from his brother withouth looking back. He's exhausted but he didn't stop until he can not feel his brother's presence anymore. He looked back and did not saw Dongwoo when suddenly he bumped into something.. or rather, someone.

 

"Ouch!" they both groaned because it hurts.

 

"I'm so sorry. I really didn't mean it." Woohyun stood up first, cleaned the dust off his pants and offered a hand to help the other person.

 

"Its alright." the other said, taking Woohyun's hand.

 

"Its you!" they said in unison again. "You're Hoya's right hand man!" Woohyun exclaimed.

 

"Right hand man? What? I'm no right hand man, i'm Hoya's friend. Kim Sunggyu." the other said, cleaning his pants and flatted his blazer. Lucky it was just dust because if it is dirt.. well, who knows.

 

Woohyun nodded in response. "So..?" Sunggyu said. "So.. what?" Woohyun tilted his head to the side, not understanding what Sunggyu means.

 

"I told you my name. Wouldn't you tell me yours?" Woohyun realised he haven't introduced himself yet. "Oh, right. I'm sorry, my name's Woohyun. Nam Woohyun." he said and earned a nod from Sunggyu too and then he started to walk away.

 

"Yah! Where are you going?" Woohyun asked, following him. "To the rooftop, you coming?" 

 

The two arrived at the rooftop and sat there in an awkward silence. Woohyun can't start a conversation. Not that he was shy or anything but he was busy admiring Sunggyu's face. His cute little eyes, his cute nose and his cute pink cheeks, and those lip-- no. He wasn't looking at his lips. No.

 

"So, what do you think about the dance battle?" Sunggyu suddenly asked breaking the silence between them.

 

"I don't know. I'm not really addicted to Dancing as much as Dongwoo is." he shrugged. "What about you?"

 

"To be honest, I'm not really sure too. Singing is my thing and I dance too but I'm no good compared to Howon." Sunggyu answered.

 

"Hey you sing too? I sing too! Hey, we have lots of similarities." Woohyun smiled at the thought. "So, what do you plan to do to the challenge between them?" Woohyun asks.

 

"I don't really know but.. I'll tell you when i have anything planned, so you tell me when you have anything too. Deal?" Sunggyu said looking straight to Woohyun.

 

"Deal."

 

• • •

first chapter done. it was short, sorry.

Comments are loved and very appreciated.

See ya! x