The Assignment

Spring Is.....

“Ok class! Since it is officially springtime, you all will be getting an assignment related to the most wonderful season of them all.”

These words were definitely not the ones Jongdae wanted to hear from his art teacher; and he really liked her too. Slouching in his seat, Jongdae looks around the classroom. Most of the girls are excited; mostly because it’s finally gotten warm enough for them to all wear those ugly little pencil skirts and shorts that show their asses. Thank God I’m gay, he thinks. Looking around more, he notices most of the guys are excited too. That’s interesting- wait. It’s ‘cause the girls. Wow Jongdae, slow much?

“Listen class! I know you are all very eager to start but there are rules. This assignment will be your last big assignment for the year and will count towards 50% of your final grade.”

It just keeps getting worse, doesn’t it?

“You must spend the rest of the year taking photos, sketching, painting, or making collages of any spring scenario; one every day. They don’t have to be fancy, but I will be checking for the right amount. The scenarios can include people, animals, nature, or anything you think embodies the idea of spring. Now off you go! I will give you today during class to go outside and see if you can find anything.”

Immediately Jongdae’s class is off and running, the skinny boy trailing slowly behind. He stands in the doorway for a few seconds before turning towards his teacher.

“Why can’t you give us an assignment like this in winter, Miss K?” His teacher looks up from her desk and her head to the side. “Why would you want to draw things during the winter? Everything’s dead.” Jongdae scoffs to himself. “Yeah well there are too many things alive during spring.”

 

As Jongdae finally walks outside, some of the more favorable girls in his class call him over to the bench they were sitting on. “Oppa! What are you going to do?” one of the girls asks. You’re definitely older than me. “I’m not sure yet, but I know I won’t be able to work out here. Who wants to draw stuff that’s at their school?” Jongdae says as he sits down in his best friend’s lap, who (thankfully) happens to be friends with the nicer girls. “Ah! My pencil! You could at least warn me,” she says, only slightly joking.

“Sorry Krystal. It’s just, you know what spring and warm weather in general does to me. I asked Miss K why she doesn’t give assignments like this during winter and she said it’s because too many things are dead. Well I’ll have her know, I’ve seen quite a few beautiful sketches and paintings of things that are dead.” Krystal rubs Jongdae’s back as he goes on with his rant, all the while thinking about what she wants to do for her project.

“Will you model for me?” she asks suddenly, stopping her best friend mid-sentence. “What? I was just ranting and now you’re asking me to model?” Krystal nods her head. Jongdae rolls his eyes before replying. “You know I can’t model, you’ve seen me try,” he says, much to Krystal’s disappointment. “Come on, Jong! It could be fun. Will you at least think about it?” Jongdae looks at her and sighs, silently nodding and eventually laughing when she squeals with happiness.

After thirty minutes of useless planning, laughing, and some gossip, the bell finally rings for 3rd period. “Don’t forget Jongdae, Friday after school. You promised!” Krystal yells and they part ways for their third class. Jongdae just waves a hand above his head to indicate he heard her.

 

 

 

+++++

 

 

 

So I just took a four hour long test yesterday and decided to reward myself by writing some more of this story. Hope you guys like it! I got back some inspiration I had when I first sat to write the foreword so I'm hopeful. Please comment and subscribe!!!!!!!!! <3