(1/1)

Anchor

Authors note: I'm putting this here because I know that some of you are hit-and-run type readers. What I'm going to say is very important also. I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

 

  • First of all this story has not been spell-checked at all, so if there are any mistakes let me know.
  • Why Teen Wolf? Well, I've been really into my Teen Wolf recently, and I love Sterek. 
  • This story is told in Jongin's (Derek) point of view, a pov you don't actually see a lot of in the show.
  • This is loosely based off the series, yes its basically all from the tv show but its not in as much detail as the first few paragraphs. 
  • This is my final story. Thats right, I wont be doing anything after this, but I will still be coming on because I love reading your comments and seeing my new subscriptions. The reason this is, is because I've grown out of K-pop. I just don't feel the same as I used to feel about it and I'm not going to spend hours writing stories on something I'm not passionate about anymore because that wont give you readers the experience you're looking for. Who wants to read a half- written story? Noone, right?
  • Want to keep in contact with me? Find me here: Tumblr and Twitter.
  • If you're interested in what I was listening to while writing this, click here warning: none of it is K-pop. (I do this because you get the proper experience since music influences the emotions and scenes I write, you get me right? Lol) 

Goodbye beautiful people!

 

 

 

 

  Anchor  

 

 

 

 

 

 

The moment he laid eyes on the jail-bait, he knew that it was to be of the undoing of his bad-boy, long-suffering-type reputation. Them deep chocolate pools that twinkled brighter than any star he’d ever seen ripped through him like a thousand fine shards of the roughest glass. Ok, so maybe he didn’t exactly know that when the small, hyperactive boy slipped into the sheriff's cruiser that he would be left so vulnerable under his gaze. But the animal knew, the animal inside of him felt it and hid it in the darkest corner of his heart.

 

The sheriffs kid. Kyungsoo the kid that his mother had offered to baby-sit while Kyungsoo’s mother was ill in hospital, that annoying little kid with ADHD that Jongin was always stuck looking after while his mother looked after his older and younger siblings. The annoying kid that would insist on being pushed on the tyre-swing a few yards from his house in the wood. That was until Kyungsoo’s mother passed from frontotemporal dementia back in 2004, ten years ago. But back then everything was different, Jongin was happy in his own messed up way.

 

“Ok, just so you know I’m not afraid of you” the boy started, a forced squint in his eye, Jongin didn’t have to listen to the boys heartbeat to know he was lying, the boy paused,  “Ok, maybe I am… Doesn’t matter, I just wanna know something” he pauses again, clearly uncomfortable with Jongins intensely angry glare directed at him, “That girl you killed, she was a werewolf, but she was a different kind wasn’t she? I mean she could turn herself into an actual wolf and I know Lay can’t do that.” another short pause, “Is that why you killed her?"

 

Jongin took a short, sharp intake of breath “Why are you so worried about me when its your friend who is the problem? When he shifts on the field, what do you think they’re going to do, huh? Just keep cheering him on?” another sharp breath, “I know I can’t stop him from playing, but you can.” Jongin leaned forward, face almost pressed against the division separating the two, “And trust me, you want to” Jongins gaze fell to the boys lips while saying this, as if he didn’t even realize he was doing it. The boy’s eyes darted around the car and just as he was about to say something the car door was ripped open and Kyungsoo was dragged out by the sheriff.

 

As much as Jongin was trying, he couldn’t help but overhear the conversation that was taking place between the two. “Ow, ow, ow” Kyungsoo whined as his father dragged him a few feet away from the car by his arm, “Stand” the sheriff ordered as he let go of the boys arm. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” sheriff Do asked, placing his hands on his hips before sliding them into his front pockets. “I’m just trying to help!” the boy sighed, also placing his hands on his hips, the sheriff nodded, annoyed at the boy, “Ok, well how about you help me understand exactly how you came across this?” Kyungsoo let out an over-exaggerated sigh, “We were looking for Lay’s inhaler” the sheriff nodded. “Which he dropped when?”
“The other night” the boy absentmindedly replied, “The other night when you were out here looking for the first half of the body?” sheriff asked, “Yes!” Kyungsoo exhaled, letting his eyes roll back as if the answer was obvious. “The night that you told me you were alone..” the sheriffs anger was increasing quickly, “And that Lay was at home?”

 

“Yes!” the naive teenager stressed again before realizing what he was admitting to, his eyebrows quirked up quickly and his visibly stiffened, “No!” He let out a strained sound “Oh crap…” The sheriff was more than pleased with himself at this point, clearly trying to keep up the appearance that he was mad, playing the strict father role he’d come to wear for most (all really) of Kyungsoo’s life, “So you lied to me?” he asked. “That depends on how you define lying” Kyungsoo said, looking unsure himself. “Well I define it as not telling the truth, how do you define it?” sheriff said, raising his eyebrows at his son. Kyungsoo pursed his lips and exhaled before raising his eyebrows and spilling “Reclining your body in a horizontal position?” also motioning with his hands a horizontal line before once again placing his hands on his hips. “Get the hell outa’ here!” the sheriff ordered, having had enough of his sons crap for one day, “Absolutely” Kyungsoo replied before rushing off over to Lay who was waiting by another police cruiser.

 

Jongin listened to the sound of Kyungsoo’s ty jeep starting and disappearing off into the distance.

 

Police find out the cause of death was from an animal bite.

 

Jongin is let out later the next day after and mentally plans the death Kyungsoo and his little friend.



_

 

Jongin concludes that for some reason god hates him as he sits in the annoying kids jeep with a gunshot in his left arm. He’s weak, hungry and extremely upset and on the verge of a toddler-tantrum style meltdown at this point. Kyungsoo’s friend Lay is dating the niece of the woman who shot me and is currently trying to get him on the phone. Oh and apparently Jongin smells like death.

 

Jongin threatens to rip Kyungsoo’s throat out, with his teeth.

 

Lay arrives on time to save Jongin’s life.

 

Jongin gets punched in the face after passing out.

 

And Kyungsoo thinks the excruciating pain he went through was ‘Awsome!’



_

 

His dreams are filled with images of his old life, his life before his family was burned to death. His old home, his sisters faces, his mothers caring smile and loving gaze. He wakes up crying, he hadn’t dreamt of his family in years. The familiar ache came back, he longed for someone to hold. He gets out of his bed and rubs his eyes with the palms of his hands and fights the tears back, he wasn’t going to do this again, not when he had finally found his pack. His new family. He makes himself a coffee in his loft and scrolls through the contacts on his phone, his hands are shaking.

 

“Kyungsoo?”


_
 

Its halloween and he forgets to buy candy. He leaves his loft and goes out to his camaro and makes a quick trip to the store.

 

“Motherer” Jongin whispers to himself as he gets out his car, looking up at the big window with flashing lights that resemble a rave. Somehow he just knows that this has something to do with Kyungsoo and the pack. He slams the door shut and turns away.

 

Darkness, it burns him, he collapses.

 

_

 

“So, Kyungsoo is possessed?” Jongin asks with amusement, “Poor, weak, defenseless, skinny Kyungsoo?” he raises his eyebrows. “Yes Jongin, he's possessed” Lay says as he walks towards the Do household and inside. The sheriff's cruiser wasn’t parked outside the house, so thankfully (Jongin thinks), he mustn't be home. They make their way up the creaking stairs and into Kyungsoo’s familiar room, it makes him feel light headed as he glances at the door, the same door he pushed Kyungsoo against in the early days of their friendship. He remembers the flickering gaze of Kyungsoo’s eyes going from his lips to his eyes repeatedly before staying locked on Jongin’s mouth. Jongin’s eyes did the same, losing his senses before checking back into reality and letting go of the boys worn jacket. It makes him sick, he was scared.

 

He looks back at the pack, they’re all gathered around Kyungsoo’s desk looking at a chessboard with sticky notes on them. With our names on them, the packs. Jongin hid the feeling in his stomach well as he said “Does anyone want to tell me why I’m King?”

 

Jongin didn’t see the chaos coming, there was losses, pack members fell, Lays soulmate, a twin. Family.

 

_

 

The pack was divided, it didn’t feel right to have some leaving. The remaining pack will be weak, Kyungsoo and Jongin were the remaining pack. This fact seemed to make Kyungsoo want to be closer. Mentally and physically. He never left Jongins side, for a whole two months Jongin endured Kyungsoo’s constant questions, the nagging, the theories.

 

He liked it.


_

 

“When my mother died” Kyungsoo said one night while they were walking through the woods, nothing but silence and the sound of distant animals and insects, the breeze rustling their clothing and the sound of leaves shaking around them. “I felt guilty, I felt like it was my fault. I was there too, I could have stopped it.” Jongin had stopped walking a few feet behind Kyungsoo, who kept walking a few more feet until stopping. “It still hurts when I think about it, when I see pictures of her.” Jongin stared at Kyungsoo, he wasn’t sure what to say. Over the few years of growing closer there was one subject neither of them had touched, their biological families. “Sometimes when I wake up and go downstairs I still do that thing where you forget they’re not with you anymore. I’ll just let it slip out, “Hey mom!” or “Got any juice mom?” and then I realize.” Kyungsoos breath is shaking, and Jongin knows hes crying. He can smell the sadness in the breeze.

 

“Why are you telling me this?” Jongin asks softly, eyes not moving off Kyungsoo.
“Because I don’t want you to feel alone anymore, I want you to know that I feel it too, I know what its like to lose someone you love. I know what its like to wake up in the night screaming and crying. I know its not fair. I know you think its different, my mom died. Your family was murdered by hunters, I know that, but I just want you to know that I’m your pack, doesn’t that make us family now?” Kyungsoo turns and looks at Jongin, his adams apple is bouncing up and down like he has something stuck in his throat. Jongin wants to reach out to him but can’t bring himself to do it.

 

Jongin just nods and lets a quick, small smile spread over his face. Kyungsoo nods and they keep walking.

 

Jongin ignores Kyungsoo’s calls for a week.



_

 

Theres a knock at the door and Jongin knew it was Kyungsoo before he swung open the door to let the boy in.  “Why are you ignoring me?” Kyungsoo asks before Jongin can ask what he wants. “I’m not ignoring you, Kyungsoo” Jongin asks, swinging the door shut once Kyungsoo is inside and walking off further into the loft. Kyungsoo’s footsteps follow closely behind.

“Yes you are, I’ve been trying to get in touch with you for the past week. Where have you been?” he asks.

 

I’ve just been busy” Jongin says, placing his hands on the desk and leaning on it. “Busy with what?” Kyungsoo asks stepping closer” Kyungsoo was worried, he shouldn’t be, or should he? Jongin didn’t know anymore. The fact he was so close was confuming him and he needed to get away from it.

 

“Please leave-” he was cut off, “No! What have I done?” not quite shouting, but getting there Kyungsoo raised his voice. Jongin was visibly shaking. He couldn’t take it much longer. He faced Kyungsoo and lifted his hand.

 

Jongin had lost it, he’d ed up royally. Kyungsoo would never forgive him, how could have he had been so stupid? Why did he kiss him? He still had his hand firmly placed on the back of Kyungsoo’s head, fingers knotted in the boys hair. He was breathing heavily and he couldn’t bring himself to look away from the younger boy. “What was that?” Kyungsoo gasps out, looking up at Jongin who was trying to ignore how pale his skin looked compared to his jet-black eyelashes and how pink his lips looked. He tore his hand away from the boys scalp in frustration and turned around again, leaning against the table on the palms of his hands again.

 

“Sorry” he muttered, ignoring the burning in his eyes.

 

He heard footsteps, he was leaving him.

 

A hand touched his back, he could feel his fingertips dancing along his spine and it moved down his back. “Why?” Kyungsoo asked. Jongin was panting, “You have nothing to be sorry for.” There was a tug on the back of his top and he pushed off from the table and slowly looked at the human, “Do it again.”

 

He placed his hand on the boys cheek and leaned closer, close enough for him to feel the boys ragged breath on his lips and paused before giving in and kissing him once again. He felt the insecurity that had been burning in his stomach being washed away. It made him think for a moment that Kyungsoo was his sea and he his boat. But they were neither.


 

Kyungsoo was his family, his soulmate, his anchor.