1/1

Sweet Love

The pitter-patter of the rain hitting the window next to your hospital bed is the first thing that registers in your mind when you wake up, the second is the annoying beeping of a heart monitor. As you slowly open your eyes, the pure whiteness of the room would almost be blinding; if the ceiling lights had been on rather than the table lamp or the sun had been spilling its rays through the window, you would have had to close your eyes due to the brightness. You always hated it.

As your eyes adjust - it seems they have been closed for quite some time - they come to focus on a chair by the side of your bed, or, more particularly, the person seated in it, sound asleep. You sit yourself up and take a minute to just stare at him, taking in his familiar features. His naturally brown hair dyed light blonde in a disarray, his peaceful expression with lips slightly parted and upturned in a faint smile, the steady rise and fall of his chest accompanying his breathing, his dark, tan skin oh, so contrasting with the white walls as well as his light hair. Unconsciously, you tilt your head a bit to the side and a smile peeks out on your face as you whisper, “Jongin…”

The person of interest twitches and you know you’ve woken the light sleeper with his whispered name. His mesmerizing dark brown eyes pry open and they find your own eyes, holding your gaze as he leans forward, entangling his fingers with yours and breathing a sigh of relief.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, voice low in a barely audible volume. A shiver runs down your spine at the sound of his beautiful voice. You shrug your shoulders; to be quite honest, you don’t feel anything but his warmth and the pounding of your heart. 

Jongin leans in closer, rests his forehead on yours and stares into your eyes lovingly. “Thank God, you’ll be out of here soon.” A smile spreads on both faces. He brings his unoccupied hand up to caress your cheek, then down under your chin to tilt your head up. Your eyes flutter shut and sparks fly inside you as his soft lips press against yours in a slow,sweet kiss. There is only one message floating around through yours and his mind:

'I love you.' ♥