Who's The Little Kid?

EXO Fluff Collection

“You’re back,” I yawned as I sat up straight on the couch. My eyes watching my husband of four months enter from the main door. He looked nothing but exhausted and overworked.

“Why are you still up?” He asked, a visible pout seen on his face as he took off his shoes. I shrugged a little before walking forward and giving him a peck on the cheeks. I mumbled a ‘does-it-matter’ to him as he took me in to a tight hug.

“Have you had dinner? Do you need anything?” I asked as I loosened myself from his hug and walked to the kitchen. I heard him slump on the couch but I ignored him. Pulling a couple of mugs and filling them with fresh milk, I walked back to the living room and found him already asleep. I shook my head and took a seat right beside him. I carefully placed his head on my lap, playing with his dark brown locks as I sipped my fresh milk. I observed the more visible laugh lines on his face and tiny wrinkles that appeared on his forehead, then smoothening them out with my fingertips.

I shook him awake gently, and saw him furrowed his eyebrows together. I didn’t want to wake him up because I knew he needed as much rest as he could get. But I didn’t want him to wake up with a sore back from sleeping on the couch. I motioned for him to drink the milk and he gladly finished it, not even leaving a single drop.

We walked to our room together and I saw how his back was slightly slouched. Yeobo, they’re overworking you. You ain’t no superman and I’m still wondering how they can give you a jam-packed schedule. Even in situations like this, you never fail to give such a radiant smile to everyone, showing everyone the unique curl of the corner of your lips.

“Goodnight yeobo,” he mumbled as he snuggled closer to me. He placed my head on his chest as he gave me a sloppy kiss on my forehead. Even after dating him for a few years and being married for months, my heart still can’t help but beat so much faster when he’s near. I’ve always loved forehead kisses, it was so much sweeter than a kiss on the lips. Though of course, his lips tastes so much better than anything in the world.

-

I don’t know what time it was but I was woken up by a peck on my forehead. I knew it was still early because it felt like I didn’t sleep much. I stirred awake and waited for my eyes to adjust to the surroundings, only to find Jongdae about to leave the room for his schedule. I turned to look at the clock on top of our bedside table and a bright 4:55am showed on the digital clock.

“It’s only five, why are you up so early?” I asked as I sat up on the bed, pulling the blankets along with me. He turned to look at me before he walked over and sat beside me on the bed.

He grabbed my head ever-so-gently as he made me look at him, “Good morning to you too, jagi. I have a schedule.”

I frowned a little as we maintained our eye-contact. I blinked once, twice. I knew he saw sadness in my eyes because by the next second, he started showering me with kisses. By the time he pulled away, my cheeks had already turned into deep pink.

“One last kiss before I go,” he said as he held up his pointer finger and leaned in. I closed my eyes as I felt his lips against mine. I felt like I would melt but it wasn’t long before he pulled away.

“Palli ka, before you get scolded for being late,” I whined at the loss of contact as I pushed him off the bed.

He pursed his lips together before he walked off to the corner of the room to get his bag, mumbling some complains to himself. I could only make out “is it wrong to get a goodbye kiss from his girlfriend” from all his mumbling. This brat is like a five year old. I couldn’t supress my smile when he suddenly turned around and asked what I was smiling about. I replied a quick, “You,” before confusion was shown in his face. You, because you’re such an adorable sulky little kid.

“Say what?” He gasped. Oops, did that just slip my mouth?

“I didn’t say anything,” I replied hastily, raising my hands up in surrender. Jongdae stood a couple of feet away from me, with his arms akimbo and a flat expression on his face.

“You said I’m an adorable sulky little kid though,” He pointed out and I was now sure that it slipped my mouth. I continued to feign ignorance as I waved my hands dismissively in front of me. A little smile appeared on his face and I knew he was up to something.

It wasn’t long before he was walking towards the bed again. I tried to maintain my poker-face as he got nearer. His voice came out soft as he questioned, “So you’re going to lie to me now? Or, are you going to take it back?”

I gulped. I continued to stare at him with a blank face, I was at a loss for words. I didn’t mean it that way. He knew I liked to joke around but why is he like this now?

“You’re going to pay for what you said!” He said before jumping on the bed and tickling me. He grabs both my hands and pins them down with one hand, his other hand still tickling me nonstop. Squirming underneath him, I shrieked a little before he yelled, “Take it back!”

I was already gasping for air. I screamed desperately in between fits of giggles, “Okay, okay! You’re not an adorable sulky little kid!”

A smile tugged the corner of his lips before he stopped, then complaining that he was still cute. Just not a sulky little kid. I opened my mouth to say something but he continued attacking me with tickles until I said that he was adorable.

“Jongdae! Stop! You’re the most adorable person in the world!” I screamed again as I was close to tears from laughing too much. It wasn’t long before his chuckle echoed inside our room. My head snapped towards his direction before he spoke in between his laugh, “I know I am. Go back to sleep. I’ll be back after lunch.”

I huffed in annoyance before laying back down on my bed. He placed a chaste kiss on my forehead as he pulled the blankets up to my chest and tucking me in.

“Sing me a lullaby before you go, please?” I begged as I turned to my left to face him, and to find a much more comfortable sleeping position.

He took a seat on the bed as he nodded. “And I thought that I was the little kid?” he remarked with his sassy mouth. He was probably learning too much from fellow member, Baekhyun. I reached over to smack his arm but he moved away before I could hit him.

“Come on, I’ll sing you a lullaby now,” and with that, his melodious voice hit each note perfectly and I was soon lulled to sleep.