May I Have This Kiss?

May I Have This Kiss? - Jonghyun

— Jonghyun’s POV —

Love is always like this. It fades away after some time.

People always tell me this, but I try hard not to believe it for I can’t get you off of my mind, your beautiful smile, the way you walk and how your bright eyes catch mine every time you look my way. It always seems to rekindle my love for you, no matter how hard I try to suppress my feelings, I can’t get you out of my head and my heart.

Sigh.

How I wish I could see you, so I close my eyes finding you in my thoughts running through my mind like a slow movie, every interaction with you replays through my mind. Resting my hand on my chest and the other behind my head, I tried so hard to think of something else but my heart convinced my mind.

Sitting up on my bed, I looked around making sure that I was confident enough to do this. Grabbing my phone, I thought that it would be now or never. Heading out the door, I slammed it shut behind with, while determination guided me to your house.

Under the soft light of dusk, some small bugs started to fly around trying to distract my attention from your softly lit window with you pacing around with a book in your hands.

My mind took over while I chewed on my bottom lip, wondering if I shoulder really bother you at this moment. Walking in front of you place I occasionally glanced up at your window to see you still there. Ruffling my hair I let out a quiet hiss to myself, before I pulled out my phone to fix my hair.

Once I thought it was acceptable for you, I walked up to your gate and pushed it open, the cobblestone path lead me up to your front door with little lights lighting up my sneakers that I wore with each step.

Reaching your door, I rose my hand ready to knock but my heart and mind were in battle weighing me down with doubts and nervousness while they were giving me confidence. Closing my eyes for a few seconds I knocked on the door without a second thought.

Stepping back slightly, I placed my hands by my side, playing with my jacket that slightly covered the palm of my hands. The door opened to reveal, what I could assume was, your mother.

"Annyeong, May I speak to _______ please?" I asked the nice lady.

"Sure, come on in, I will get her for you -" She waited for me to give my name but I was too focused on finding you.

"Ah, Lee Jonghyun ma’am." My heart raced while she bowed to me and walked to the stairs calling your angelic name. After just two calls, you were at the top of the stairs like a dream.

"Lee Jonghyun would like to see you for a minute or two." Your mother explained. Your eyes moved to me and I got shy and bowed my head while my hands shook beside me.

"Of course. Let me just go mark my book and I will be right down." You walked back into your room while your mom turned around and smiled at me.

"How do you two know each other?" She questioned softly.

"School." I replied plainly.

"Oh, I see." Your mom nodded her head while she wiped her hands on a towel in her hands.

"W-Would if be okay if I took her on a little walk? We wouldn’t be gone long." I spat out, stuttering at my sudden words that rolled off of my tongue.

"It is okay with me, just as long as she gets back to finish her homework but it is up to her." Your mother said turning to watch you canter down the stairs. "I’ll be in the kitchen if you need me."

"Thank you ma’am." I bowed to her before you met me at the bottom of the stairs.

"What’s up?" You smiled at me and in that moment my heart stopped.

"C-C-Can I… I mean, would you l-like to take a little walk with m-me?" I stuttered out trying to keep eye contact with you.

"I would love to! I kind of needed a break from my studies anyways." You smiled at me before sliding on your shoes.

"You want to go with me?" I asked again just to make sure while pointing to myself.

"Who else would I go with." You giggled nodding at me with a cute smile curling onto your lips. I nodded and opened the door for you.

You walked through the door first while I closed it behind me, following you down the path to your iron gate, you pushed it open then held it open for me and let it slam shut.

"Where are we going?" You asked with a slight bounce in your step.

"Honestly… I just wanted to see you." I admitted shyly, pushing my hands into my pockets. "Do you have somewhere you want to go?"

"I heard the park is really pretty at night." You offered with a little smile.

"I don’t think anything is prettier than you." Those words rolled off of my tongue while you blushed covering your mouth with your fingers. 

Shuffling of our feet on the pavement broke the silence with every step. I kept glancing over at you, the evening breeze caught your hair lifting it barely off of your shoulders. Straining my ears I tried to listen to you, trying to know what you were thinking and feeling at that very moment. 

Tuning into the park, you could see the swings gently moving in the night breeze while the beautiful sunset began to fade, the flickering lights of the lamps beside the path flickered on. A call of an owl welcomed the night.

Glancing over at you, I checked on you to make sure that you weren’t too uncomfortable with me and my presence. But I saw your arms fold and gently rub your arms then I looked down and saw a jacket over me, but there was nothing covering your bare arms from the night chill.

"Hold on a minute." I looked over at you. Stopping next to me, you turned to me with your eyes filled with confusion.

"Is everything okay?" You asked while a shiver shook your body. Taking off my jacket I moved behind you.

"Put this on it will keep you warm." I offered while your arms found their way into the sleeves. Lifting it up onto your shoulders, I walked back to your side. "Better?"

"Thank you" You smiled at me with your eyes gently sparkling under the street light. A smile broke onto my face before we started walking.

"Won’t you be cold though?" You asked softly

"I’ll be okay." I looked over at you before the large pond in the park came into view. 

"Do you want to sit for a little while?" I offered, with a nod of your head I allowed you to sit down first and I took my seat next to you.

The moonlight carefully found its reflection in the water the stars gently twinkled around the moon. Small ripples in the water made the reflection of the moon move. my lips softly, I glanced over at you while you played with the sleeves to my jacket. Dropping my head, I saw the seeds that the elderly fed to the birds and ducks earlier that day.

My heart sped up with you just sitting next to me. Moving my eyes around I tried to distract myself from you but nothing seemed to happen, I still thought of you and I knew that nothing would change that.

”_______, can I ask you a question?” I played with my fingers trying to not stumble over my words every time I spoke to you.

"Of course, ask away." You smiled inching a little closer to me.

"H-Have you had a kiss before?" I asked softly, glancing at you briefly. Becoming flustered by my question you dropped your head before shaking it slowly.

A silence filled the space between the two of you, it was comfortable and warm but I couldn’t help but think of what it would be like to kiss you.

”_________, can I ask you another question?” I asked again, this time looking at you with my full attention.

"Sure." You slightly bit your lip, lifting your chin to look at me.

"Can I be your first kiss?" I asked, wanting to respect her wishes if she declined. I watched  a toothy smile break from under your lips, nodding gently. I smiled and gently rested my hand over yours. Picking it up, I brushed my fingers over yours.

Your eyes glanced down at our hands together before you held mine back. Leaning a little forward, I moved closer to you before slowly setting my hand at the base of your neck. Our eyes locked with each others’ saying words that words alone would spoil. Slowly we leaned in to each other just stopping short of each others lips. I looked at her once more before glancing down at her lips. Your eyes blinked softly agreeing to the kiss, while I tilted my head to your and gently pressed my lips on yours.

Both of our eyes fluttered closed, feeling the beautiful moment in its fullest. I didn’t want to push you but when I was about to pull away you moved your lips gently over mine while your hand gripped mine slightly. My fingers gently brushed against the skin on your neck while I could feel you leaning into my lips. Moving my lips slowly and sweetly with yours, this was the one moment when everything when quiet. My heart and mind were at peace, finally. Gently I released your hand before you wrapped your hands around my neck. My other hand wrapped around your waist.

A few seconds later, we both pulled away slowly. Still in close proximity to each other, your eyes sparkled more than they did before, looking into your eyes I finally felt happy. I felt like I could do anything at that moment.

"I like you ________. I like you a lot." I whispered softly while you smiled carefully biting your lip.

"I like you too, a whole lot." You whispered softly.

"Should we head back? I don’t want you mom to worry." I pulled you back to reality not wanting to ruin the moment but not wanting you to get an ear full when you go back home that night.

"We probably should, I still have some homework to finish too." You whispered softly. Nodding my head I stood up, holding your hand once again.

Both of us headed back up the path, under the lights back home. The walk was quiet but content with little hand squeezes every now and then, with stolen glances at each other and the man in the moon watching over us. Nothing could be better than this moment.

Reaching the gate to your home, I stopped and looked at you.

"Thank you." I whispered while kissing your forehead.

"Thank you too." You whispered back before pulling yourself against me for a hug. Wrapping my arms tightly around you, I rested my head on yours with a smile spreading broadly on my face.

"Go finish your work, I will see you tomorrow at school." I said pulling away from the warm hug.

"Yeah, thank you for your jacket." You started taking it off but I rested my hands on your shoulders preventing you from taking it off.

"Give it to me tomorrow." I smiled at you, lifting the jacket back onto your shoulders, you nodded and moved out of my grasp.

"Sweet dreams" You pulled the gate and the words, once again rolled off my tongue.

"Sweet dreams Oppa." You smiled back at me before blowing a kiss my way, you watched me catch it before you headed back inside.

Standing outside, I saw the front door close behind you then your light turn on in your room, you spun around holding yourself close while I giggled at your antics.

"I love you." I whispered blowing a kiss to your window before heading back with you, once again, on my mind and my heart.