Final

Heavenly Love

A beautiful place. Everything was shining so bright. It felt like a dream. A dream you can‘t wake up from.

I‘m dead. That was the only thing he knew. But the second side, the place you go to after you die, looked different than he ever expected.

Suddenly, a huge glow filled the place. Wonsik had to cover his eyes to prevent being blinden.

A silver-haired man appeared in front of him. An angel with widely opened, huge, beautiful and shining wings. He seemed friendly.

,,Welcome to Heaven, the place of love and pureness, Kim Wonsik,‘‘ he told him with a soft voice, giving him a warm smile. ,,My name is N the Archangel. My job is taking care of all the new angels. I‘ll be something like your boss from now on.‘‘

,,It‘s nice to meet you, N the Archangel,‘‘ Wonsik bowed in a 90 degree bow. ,,I… Am I really dead?‘‘ he asked, still not sure about it.

,,Yes. Your soul left your body and came to Heaven,‘‘ N nodded, pointing at something behind Wonsik.

He turned his head to check his back and then a gasp escaped from his mouth. ,,What the…? Wings! I have wings!‘‘ His eyes widened as he saw it. He quickly figured out how to move with them and started to play with them.

,,Of course you have wings, you‘re an angel now,‘‘ N chuckled. ,,Listen to me carefully, please. As an angel, you have an identified job. Every angel has a human living on the Earth whom he has to guard, help and watch out every minute. A human you have to take care of has been chosen already.‘‘

Wonsik listened to him well, he didn‘t miss a word. Being dead wasn‘t as bad as he thought when he was alive. ,,Who is it? Tell me, please.‘‘ His eyes were full of curiosity.

N the Archangel smiled mysteriously as he waved his hand. ,,Look down to see her.‘‘

Wonsik did what he was told to. What he just saw was amazing. He could see the world under him through the white clouds. It was so close, like watching TV under his feet. But he wasn‘t as bewitched by the magic as by the human his eyes just saw.

It was a girl. She was sitting on a bench in a small park hidden in the streets of Seoul, listening to music in her headphones. The sun in the sky was shining at her and she was enjoying the sunshine tickling her pale skin. She was smiling, looking so happy on her own. She was looking up to the sky as if she could see Wonsik looking down at her in Heaven.

,,It‘s her. The girl. It‘s the human you have to guard. Her name is Jang JiHye and her heart is as pure as milk,‘‘ N said.

It was like the time stopped for a while. Wonsik‘s mind went blank. 1… 2… 3… Just three seconds were enough to make his heart beat fast.

The girl. Jang JiHye. She was beautiful. Not beautiful in a way like other girls. JiHye was unbelievably and breath-takingly beautiful. Her beauty was so pure and innocent. She looked like an angel. An angel without any sins. As they say, you look the same as your heart looks like. In that case, her heart had to be really good and clean.

,,Remember, if you won‘t protect her, you‘ll become a fallen angel and end up in Hell, serving Leo, the Devil,‘‘ N warned him with a serious face.

,,Don‘t worry, N the Archangel. I will do my best to be a perfect guardian angel for her,‘‘ Wonsik promised and he really meant it.

,,I‘m glad to hear your saint words. Welcome between the Heaven‘s guardian angels, Wonsik. From now on, your angelic name is Ravi.‘‘


 



Ravi was watching JiHye from Heaven for the entire day. At first, he was feeling weird, like a ert watching a pretty girl with a telescope. But then he realized that he‘s actually an angel, a pure creature. There‘s no way for an angel to be a ert.

He was studying JiHye. He was slowly getting to know her. As her personal guardian angel, he wanted and needed to know everything about her. How does she spend her day, what she likes and dislikes and what is her personality like. He found out that she‘s a warm-hearted person who is nice to everyone but likes to be alone just with music or a laptop. She was very shy and acting cute. She also was curious and clumsy a lot. Troubles were following her wherever she went. Ravi found this part of her cute and funny.

,,What are you smiling at?‘‘ a voice brought Ravi back to the earth. Well, back to Heaven to be exact.

Ravi blinked at a handsome boy with light brown hair who was standing next to him.

,,I‘m Hongbin,‘‘ the boy said, waving his wings.

,,I‘m Won… Ravi,‘‘ Ravi corrected himself.

Hongbin smiled at him, showing his dimples. He leaned forward to look what is Ravi looking at. ,,Ahh, Jang JiHye,‘‘ he said as he knew her very well.

,,You know her?‘‘ Ravi turned his head to him.

,,Not really well, but she‘s been a hot topic a month ago. Her last guardian angel, I think his name was Sehun, fell down to Hell because he failed in protecting her. No one has protected that girl for a long time, it‘s good that you came here, Ravi,‘‘ Hongbin touched his shoulder.

,,I‘m not such a person. I will protect her and never leave her alone,‘‘ Ravi responded.

Hongbin eyed him. ,,But don‘t overreact, arasseo?‘‘

,,What do you mean…?‘‘ Ravi raised an eyebrow.

,,I mean… do not fall in love with her,‘‘ he stated. ,,If you do… I don‘t know what exactly will happen but N the Archangel keeps telling us that we‘ll be kicked out of Heaven.‘‘

,,Love? Ahh, jinjja. What are you talking about? Me falling in love?‘‘ Ravi laughed awkwardly.

,,Don‘t pretend. I saw you smiling so happily down at that girl,‘‘ Hongbin said calmly. ,,Your eyes were shining.‘‘

Ravi didn‘t know what to say to him. He was searching for the right words but couldn‘t find any. ,,I‘m dead…‘‘ he said as an excusse.

Hongbin gave him a smart look. ,,Even dead can love.‘‘

 



Ravi was watching JiHye from Heaven with a worried frown on his face.

Her day started with many troubles as always. She overslept and when she was rushing to work, she broke her heel and fell down to the ground, hurting her knee and then she was nearly hit by a car. It continued like that. It was raining yesterday and there were puddles everywhere. A pickup passed by her, making her clothes wet.

Ravi was shaking his head and covering his eyes as he was watching the clumsy girl. He was glad when she arrived to her work safely. Her being clumsy wasn‘t funny anymore. Still cute but not funny to him. He was rather worried about her health. It was dangerous moving around with such misfortune. He had to do something for her or she‘ll get hurt and he‘ll end up as a fallen angel which he didn‘t approve.

He changed from an angel image into a normal Korean boy he used to be when he was alive and came to the earth. Though he looked as Kim Wonsik, he still was Ravi, an angel who was invisible for everyone‘s eyes which was really cool. Working from the earth was easier than from Heaven. He could follow JiHye wherever she went and protect her.

The day that already started before, started from the beginning.

Ravi was standing near JiHye‘s bed. She was sleeping like a sleeping beauty. Cute, pure, weak and innocent. He took the alarm clock and changed the old batteries for new. Now she can‘t oversleep. He was looking at her, sleeping, like she was the cutest creature in the world. She was half uncovered. It was quite cold and she could catch a cold. Without thinking, he held his hands out to her and covered her with the blanked. She turned and muttered something. He smiled at her cuteness.

Crrrr~ Crrrr~

The annoying alarm clock disturbed Ravi‘s thoughts. JiHye got up and lazily started to prepare herself to work. When she started to dress up, Ravi quickly turned away from her, embarrassed and concluded that it‘s the right time to leave.

 



When JiHye ran out of her house, Ravi was already waiting outside for her, leaning against the house. JiHye has been woken up early so she didn‘t have to rush. Anyway, the troubles kept following her as a dark shadow.

But wherever she went, Ravi was with her, keeping an eye on her.

She broke her heel and was supposed to fall but Ravi made the time stop for a moment to put a chair on the place where she should fall to. So she ended up sitting in the chair, not hurt anywhere.

She blinked and looked around, confused. ,,What is the chair doing in the middle of Gangnam?‘‘ she was wondering, scratching her head. ,,Where did it appear from?‘‘ She was thinking hard but couldn‘t find any meaningful explaination. ,,Aish,‘‘ she checked her boot, biting her lower lip in a pout. Then her eyes caught something standing next to the chair she was sitting in. A pair of brand new shoes, laying on the ground and waiting just for her to take them. formed a little letter ‚O‘. ,,Thank you, Heaven,‘‘ she said thankfully and changed her shoes.

Ravi was standing near her, his arms crossed over his chest. A satisfied smile was playing on his lips as he was watching JiHye surprised and happy. Her expressions were always so cute.

JiHye was getting ready to cross the road and almost be hit by a car. Ravi quickly acted to prevent it. He headed towards her and ‚accidentally‘ bumped into her, making her stop for a while until the car gets away.

JiHye gasped, thinking that it was her fault. ,,I‘m so sorry, I didn‘t pay attention on my way,‘‘ she apologized and looked up straight into Ravi‘s eyes. She smiled slightly at him, showing her beautiful eyesmile. ,,Are you alright?‘‘ she worried about him.

Ravi froze. He wasn‘t able to say a word. He was speechless because of her angelic, warm and soft voice. She was talking to him. And more importantly, she saw him. How is possible for her to see an angel? Someone who should stay anonymous, hidden in the invisible wind. He was feeling as though he was in the slow motion of a black and white movie. The time stopped for him, letting him drown in JiHye‘s beauty.

He was so out of control that he almost missed the car that should splash her with water. At the last moment, he wrapped his arms around her and dragged her to the side, getting splashed instead of her. His hair and clothes were all wet but it didn‘t matter to him. He was satisfied with what he just did. He protected JiHye. He was proud of himself.

He was holding her tight in his arms longer than was requied. He didn‘t want to let her go. He wanted to hold her forever. He wished that this moment will never end. Dugun dugun dugun…
His heart was beating unstoppably as he was holding her and smelling her sweet scent. He has never felt like that before. What made him change all of a sudden?

JiHye wasn‘t protesting. She was just allowing him to hold her. She couldn‘t tell what it was but she was feeling so safe and comfortable in the handsome stranger‘s arms. But still, she wasn‘t easy. ,,Uhm… excuse me?‘‘ she muttered, trying to be as polite as she could.

Ravi realized that she has to feel strange and he started to feel his cheeks burning so he quickly took his hands off of her. He stepped a meter away from her, messing his white hair up in nervosity.

JiHye was looking at the ground, too shy to look back at the white-haired stranger. She was thinking hard about the words she should tell him and trying to get strenght. Now or never, she told to herself in her mind and looked up, opening to say something.

,,Thank you,‘‘ she said to the emptiness.

No one was standing there. The stranger was gone.

 



From the day JiHye met the mysterious stranger who protected her from being splashed by dirty water, her life has definitely changed. It became calm and lucky. She wasn‘t as clumsy as before. Her every day wasn‘t filled up with hundreds of troubles. She was happy living so well.

She saw him just once but she couldn‘t get the stranger out of her mind. Everytime she thought of him, she felt like some magical power is protecting her. She even saw the handsome boy in her dreams. He got under her skin.

She had never met him again though.

But he was by her side every minute without her knowing.

 



Ravi was watching and protecting JiHye everyday without a break. It wasn‘t only a job but it also became his life. He liked spending time with the human girl though she couldn‘t see him anymore. He liked helping her and making her life better.

There was one thing he was worried about. Everytime he was with her, his heart was beating fast and wild. Even a thought of her made his heart racing. He didn‘t know what was wrong with him. He clearly remembered Hongbin‘s warning.

Was he really falling for her?

Ravi‘s silence was disturbed with a piercing high voice. It was Ken, an angel who was called ‚crazy‘ by one of the youngest angel, Hyuk, who was flying behind him.

,,Aish jinjja, hyung. Stop being so loud or you will really end up in Hell,‘‘ the younger was scolding the older, looking tired.

,,You will never change, Ken hyung,‘‘ Ravi sighed.

,,Tks. These kids. You‘re too serious. We have to have fun even if we‘re dead,‘‘ Ken said.

,,By the way, you look stressed, Ravi hyung,‘‘ Hyuk noticed. ,,What‘s wrong?‘‘

Ravi was biting his lower lip for a while before he answered. ,,Uhm… what do you think would happen if an angel fell in love with a human he is guarding?‘‘

,,YOU FELL IN LOVE WITH A HUMAN?‘‘ Ken shouted, his eyes extremely widened.

,,Shh, not so loudly,‘‘ Ravi covered Ken‘s mouth. ,,I just wanted to ask… is it true that if I love someone, I‘ll become a fallen angel?‘‘

Ken started to wave his hands around. ,,You‘re in trouble, Ravi. I‘m rather going away. Kids these days,‘‘ he took off, disappearing between the clouds.

,,He always overreacts. Don‘t take it personally, hyung,‘‘ Hyuk was comforting Ravi. ,,I‘ll tell you a secret.‘‘ He looked around to make sure that no one is listening to him and lowered his voice. ,,That thing with love and Hell… N the Archangel just made the rumors bigger that they actually are. He may be an Archangel but his lying abilities are incredible. Never believe in what he says.‘‘

 



JiHye was sitting in the park, reading a book. She looked so pure and calm as always.

Ravi was watching her from a distance, worrying his angelic mind. Are his feelings for her really love? If yes, what should he do? If he loves her, how can she love him back? He‘s not a part of this world anymore. Although he knows everything about her, she will never be able to get to know him. That‘s because he‘s just an invisible as wind for her.

Ravi‘s eyes were filled out with sadness when he was looking at JiHye.

Why does he have to find the true love after his death? Why couldn‘t he find her sooner?

,,If you want her, get her.‘‘ A silent voice sounded from behind.

Ravi turned his head to see a tall man with black hair covering his left eye, all dressed in black. He was leaning his back against the tree, looking at JiHye but talking straight to Ravi. If he could see Ravi, he couldn‘t be a person. But the way he was dressed up was too dark for an angel. If he wasn‘t an angel, who was he then?

,,Who are you?‘‘ Ravi asked, eyeing him.

The man finally looked at him and smirked. ,,I‘m Leo.‘‘

Ravi narrowed his eyes. ,,The Devil?‘‘

,,It seems you‘ve heard of me,‘‘ Leo said, satisfied.

,,What do you want from me?‘‘ Ravi said with a cold voice.

,,I came to help you, Ravi,‘‘ Leo stepped towards him.

,,Help with what?‘‘

Leo crossed his arms over his chest. ,,If N finds out that you fell in love with a human girl, he will let you burn in Hell for a thousand years for breaking the Angel rules. I guess you don‘t want to end up like that, right?‘‘ he raised his eyebrow. ,,I know a way to escape from it all.‘‘

Ravi was concerned about the fact that Leo knows about his love for JiHye. But the Devil knows everything about everyone after all. There was no way he could love JiHye and she could love him back because it was against the rules, so hearing the Devil offering him a possible way to escape from the punishment was more than enticing.

But never believe a sinful being the Devil is.

,,What do you require for it?‘‘ Ravi gave Leo a suspicious look.

,,Well…‘‘ Leo touched his shoulder and his touch gave Ravi a dark electric feel. ,,Let‘s say it simply. I will give you an eternal freedom so you will be able to stay with your dream girl forever. In return, I want you to come to my side. You can live as you want but inside you, there will always be another person. Hyde inside Jekyll.‘‘

Ravi stayed staring at him, without words.

Leo knew he didn‘t get him yet. ,,You love her with all your heart, don‘t you? Living without her is driving you crazy, doesn‘t it? You would do anything to be with her, wouldn‘t you? You want to hold her but you can‘t because you‘re dead. I offer you to begin live again. Accept it or let it go and lose your girl forever. Your choice,‘‘ Leo showed Ravi his back and started to walk away.

Ravi was thinking hard about it. The only thing he needs is her. JiHye.

Maybe he‘s a fool. He will sacrifice everything just for love. Break the rules, destroy everything. But love is stronger than anything in this world. Even Heaven powers can‘t stop it.

,,Wait,‘‘ he said quickly, making the Devil stop in his walk. ,,What is the way you were talking about?‘‘

Leo slowly turned to him and smirked.

 



,,Why are you doing this, you bastard?‘‘ N the Archangel screamed at Leo, his eyes burning with anger.

,,Oh, look. The saint N is being vulgar. You aren‘t that good after all,‘‘ Leo said with a sarcastical smile on his face.

,,How can you be so mean?‘‘ N whispered, horrified at what Leo has done.

,,Mean? Me? You‘re the creator of the being I am now, don‘t you remember, my dear friend?‘‘ Leo growled through his teeth.

,,It wasn‘t me. Your heart was always spoiled, that‘s why you became the Devil,‘‘ N responded powerfully. ,,If you‘re mad at me, deal it straight with me, not with my angels. What the hell do you want, Leo?‘‘

,,What do I want? Just to make your angels show you their backs. That‘s what will make me satisfied.‘‘

,,But why Ravi? His soul is so pure… How could you, Leo? How could you?‘‘

,,That‘s up to Ravi what he will choose,‘‘ Leo shrugged, not taking N seriously. ,,But love has always won over Heaven.‘‘

 



Ravi had only one chance. If he fails, everything is over.

The sun was leaving the sky, being replaced by the moon. It was getting dark and cold. Wet rain drops were falling down from the sky as though the Heaven was crying. And Ravi knew the reason why.

He was standing in the empty street but the rain didn‘t fall at him. He was absolutely dry because he was still an angel. An invisible mystical being. And he was about to throw it away, all just because of one girl. But that girl was someone he couldn‘t live without. He will do it in the name of love.

He was holding a matchbox the Devil gave him, playing with it between his fingers. His hands were trembling as he was taking the only match that was inside out. He closed his eyes and sent a silent apologize to N. He then lighted the match, watching it burning. Suddenly, the fire was extinguished by the drops. The rain was falling down at Ravi. He could feel how cold it is. It meant that he‘s already visible for the people‘s eyes.

Ravi opened a black umbrella above his head and started to walk down the street, searching for her. When he saw her, he couldn‘t help himself but to smile slightly.

She was running in the rain, her hands above her head replacing the umbrella she probably forgot at home. She hated the rain making her long blonde hair wet. Ravi knew her enough to be able to say it.

Protecting JiHye was his job. He wanted to continue doing it although he will not be her official guardian angel anymore. He wanted to guard her as he did before.

And today the new story of love will begin.

 



JiHye was running between the rain drops, scouting herself for forgetting to take the umbrella with her. She has been lucky recently but the luck has probably left her today. In some way, she was feeling like something more important has left today. But she couldn‘t say what it was.

When she stopped for a moment to take a breath, the rain suddenly stopped falling. It wasn‘t like it absolutely stopped. It just wasn‘t falling down at her as though a light was protecting her.

She looked up as she realized that actually someone tall is holding an umbrella above her.

A young man with an angelic face, sharp jawline, deep chocolate brown eyes and milky white hair was looking down at her. He was smiling at her as she was someone he knew for a long time. His eyes were looking into hers with so much passion. It felt like he was looking straight into her soul.

JiHye‘s heart was trapped in electricity. It was beating so fast as it could never stop. Her body was filled with some kind of protective feeling. She was feeling safe, like anything couldn't hurt her.

She was looking back at him, her eyes widened and innocent in a surprise. She knew him. She remembered him. It was the boy whom she bumped into that day. The boy who held her tightly. The boy who mysteriously disappeared and she couldn‘t even thank him from protecting her from the water. The boy she couldn‘t get out of her mind was standing in front of her, under one umbrella, protecting her like the last time.

He suddenly grabbed her hand and softly dragged her closer to him since she didn‘t completely stand under the umbrella and her shoulder was getting rained on.

Now her heart stopped beating. The time stopped. There were only them. Only JiHye and the mysterious boy in the whole world. They were holding hands, looking into each other‘s eyes.

,,The rain is bad. Let‘s use the umbrella together,‘‘ the boy said with a soft, deep and beautiful voice.

,,Thank you,‘‘ JiHye smiled at him, touched by his kindness. ,,It‘s really nice of you. By the way, my name is…‘‘

,,…Jang JiHye. It‘s a pleasure to meet you. I‘m Kim Wonsik. But you can call me Ravi.‘‘

 



They were walking together in the rain, talking and laughing.

Ravi has never felt better. The warm feeling in his heart was undescribable.

He wasn‘t an angel anymore. He wasn‘t dead. He was alive. He got his new life from Hell.

He was feeling something inside him. Something dark and scary that hasn‘t opened its eyes yet.

But he didn‘t care. He wasn‘t afraid of what happened to his self; his soul.

He had his light. JiHye was his sun that was lightening up the darkness trapped inside him.

They finally can be together now. They finally can be together although there‘s something evil; someone evil and insane who‘s waiting to open his eyes. But it‘s not important as long as they can stay by each other‘s side. Forever.