Final.

My Chidhood Days

   A smile spread onto my face as I remember our nightly visits to this old park. We grew up together. Never once did we fall apart. She knew my secrets, and I knew hers, well mostly. When we were kids, we rode our bikes down a hill, and one day, she accidentally tumbled down as her wheel got caught on a rock. I quickly went to go help her. I ripped my t-shirt, and gave it to her to stop the bleeding on her knee. It was a big gash. I think that was the biggest scar I have ever seen in my life, but the whole point is that, I felt worried, scared, and I felt as if I couldn't breathe when she fell down. I was 10 then, so I thought it was just because I was a kid that was scared to death to get into trouble. But I guess that was when it started. I walk around this old park, and memories flash before me. As I walk past the swings, I see her struggling and laughing to push me because I said that was my wish for my 16th birthday.  I walk past the slide to see her sitting in my lap, sliding down with me. I walk past the merry-go-round to see her ride side by side next to me, giggling and smiling. She was my life. She meant the world to me. We were together since birth. I realized soon during junior high that I had a crush on her. Her smile was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, the way her long faded black hair fell to the mid of her back, the creases she gets around her dark brown eyes were cute, the little dimple that showed whenever she pouted, but most of all, the way she says my name. Hearing her just call my name made my heart skip too many beats to count. My breath hitches and my mind goes blank. I couldn't believe she was my friend. I am so lucky. During senior year, I was going to ask her to prom, but that suave guy Peniel asked her first. She came to me asking if she should say yes, and Peniel being my friend, I couldn't say no. I was screaming on the inside, but she wouldn't hear. I thought she never would. Prom came around, and she looked so beautiful I thought I would faint. I was burning, seething with jealousy, but I didn't show it. I got to dance with her on that night. I told her I needed to talk to her. She seemed curious, and I led her outside. I was going to confess. After what I think is 7 years, I needed to let it out. I was so prepared, but Cupid struck. Peniel came strutting in, and guess what? He asked her out on a date. In anger, I walked off showing that I was agitated. She came running after me. She asked me what was wrong, and I pushed her away, hurting her feelings. We got into a little argument, and poof. A new couple reborn by the names of my first love and .. Peniel. Graduation came along soon. We made up by then, but we were drifting apart. I could feel it, and it was tearing me in half. She was always so happy for Peniel. Like I said, Peniel is a good guy. Peniel was probably the nicest guy I have ever met. But I am too greedy. I needed her to be mine. Even though she couldn't be, that was what went through my head. At graduation, I gave a speech, about her. I expressed my feelings, and I told the whole class how I felt about her, without addressing her. I stated that that 'her' helped me get to where I was, which was true. I didn't directly say that it was her, but I thought she was smart enough to figure it out. She asked me who 'she' was afterwards. I had gathered up all my strength to talk in fron    t of the whole class, I didn't have anymore. I chickened out, I know, I'm a wimp. 

Turns out, Peniel is going back to Chicago for college. They figured their relationship wasn't going to work out with him being abroad, so they broke up. On good terms though. See, I told you he was a good guy. But, she ended up in tears, and I was the shoulder. I always was. We went to different colleges, and we started to stay in contact less and less. I was in total despair. I figured she got tired of me you know? Ilhoon, that cold, non-interesting guy. College life is rolling by, and I'm in my fourth year. Wow, how old have I gotten? Well that brings us to now. Me, just sitting on a swing. I inhale and exhale my chilhood with her, and I stand up to leave. 

I hope I get to see her again, my first love. [END]

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hahah, jk. That would make me a jackass. Which I am, but whatever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm just about to get away from the playground when I hear shuffling. My curiosity gets the best of me, and I end up turning around. I see a girl. She makes her way to the swings, and I watch her as she huffs in the seat. She seems to be having a bad time. She sniffles. Oh my god, is she crying? I squint, and she seems somewhat familiar. She starts to sob, and I hear her curse. I shrug and turn my head forward, taking a few steps, but I end up taking a few steps back. I groan mentally, and I make my way towards her. As I get closer, I start to see that she isn't just a little teenage girl. She seems about my age. Her head is down, and I sit next to her. My swing squeaks, peaking her interest. She wipes her tears away, and stops crying. 

"How was your day?", I asked casually. 

She sniffles once againn. She should be glad I am even here. 

"Fine.", she replies. 

"Oh. Then, why are you cr--"

"I am not crying.", she abruptly replies. 

I smiled. "Come on, tell me. I'm not a because if I was, I would've probably done something, and I'm not a robber, so spill. If you're embarrassed, you don't have to worry because you will probablly never see me ever again."

She sighed. "I got fired today. It wasn't my dream job, but it was keeping me under a roof. My audition went horrible, and my best friend bailed on me, leaving the rent that she didn't pay. I swear, if today gets any worse, I will kill myself."

"Don't say that! Your life has purpose and potential. There are lives that are taken everyday, so you should be happy to keep yours. Don't ever say that. Its foolish. I'm sure that after the bad, comes the good. Don't let your hopes down, and never give up. Although I may be a stranger, I believe that you are capable of doing anything you want to. I believe in you, so don't say that."

She laughed, it sounded familiar. "You sound like an old friend of mine. Oh how I miss him. He was the best friend anyone could ever ask for. He believed in everyone, and he was loyal. He was cold, and ignorant at times, but he was sweet. He was there when I needed him, and I pushed him away. He was the most important person in my life, other than my parents. He was my first love, and I miss him so much. I miss him saying my name. I miss him so much that I sometimes cry for pushing him away. I am such an idiot. Choi Moonhee, you are so stupid."

My eyes widened. I couldn't belive it. My hand reached out for her face, and I lifted her head up. I saw her closely now. It was her. My Moon. She looked at me, bewildered, then, recognition followed. "Jung Ilhoon?"

I gaped. It was her. Wait, what. She said I was her first love. She then scrutinized me. 

"It really is you! Jung Ilhoon. I, I missed you."

There was a pause. "What you said earlier, was it true?"

I saw her blush. She looked down. "Well.. yeah. Why else would I say it?"

I made my decision. 

"Before anything else happens, I want you to know that I have like-, no loved you ever since we met. I have loved you so long that it hurts. I am so disappointed to realize my love for you so late. It has pained me to see you with another guy. You may not have the exact same feelings, and I don't want to freak you out, but I love you. Too much for me to bear. I love you Choi Moonhee. That hasn't changed even after we drifted apart."

She stood up. She didn't look at me, and my biggest fear had come true. She had rejected me. I was going to stand up to leave, but she bent down and much too quickly, she planted her lips onto mine. They were soft, like I imagined them to be. I finaly realized what was happening, and I stood up. My hands wrapped around her waist, and hers draped themselves around my neck. I pulled away after a few more seconds, and I looked at her. She was as beautiful as she ever was, and I couldn't look away. 

"If you're wondering, this means that I love you too, Jung Ilhoon." 

I chuckled. "Then why did you date Peniel?"

She pouted. "Because I wanted to make you jealous, and in the end, I developed some feelings. Although you didn't know, we broke up because of my remaining feelings for you."

"Bwoh?! Seriously?"

She nodded shyly. 

"I'm sure Peniel is doing fine.", I stated.

She smiled. I let go of her, and I stood on one knee. I held her left hand, and I said,"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course." I gave her another kiss on her lips, and she pouted afterwards. 

"You don't know how much I missed you."

I scoffed. "You're telling me."

I engulfed her into a hug and smiled. 

"I will never let you go."

I could almost feel her grinning. 

"Nor will I. Thank you for making my horrible day the most amazing day ever."

-

-

-

 

Now I think of that memory, and I smiled. My thoughts were interrupted as I heard,"Do you Jung Ilhoon take Choi Moonhee as your beloved wife?"

I looked into her brown eyes, and I grinned. "I do."