Love is Ouch

Music tells it all...

Bambaratatata tatatata!

Bambaratatata tatatata!

Oh my God!

 

 

DARA

 

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

Clap. Clap. Clap.

“Good job girls! I think we shall have a break then we’ll start again from the top. I’ll be back in 40.” Jae Wook oppa said in rush, after his speech he vanished through the door making everyone; hi-tech and crazy follow suit.

 

Strutting towards the benches on the sides, I could feel my muscles scream in exhaustion and pain. Well, I understand them. We’ve been dancing for 3 hours straight today and the fact that we’ve just finishes a concert last night. My body badly wants to take a rest, I slumped my frame on the floor and raised my legs on the wall, creating a 90 degree angle.

 

“Shall we eat? I feel like dying...literally. Hwang-ssabunim caught my banana bread on my bag.”

“Isn’t that your breakfast unnie?” Minzy inquired while quenching her thirst, Bom just nodded her head while wearing a pout.

“Come on girls, let’s eat. We need to have lots of energy later.” Leader Cl-roo got up and pulled Mingkki and Bom.

“Just get me some milkshakes and bread. I can’t even move an inch. My body is hibernating right now.” I told them.

“You sure unnie?” Worry coats maknae’s voice.

“Yeah, I’ll give in to my body for a few minutes. I’ll follow you later.” I sent an assuring smile to them. Reluctantly, they nod their heads and closed the door of the practice room upon stepping out.

 

Inhale. Exhale. 

 

Minutes have passed silence surrounded the room and slowly all I can hear is my heartbeat. My lips broke into a smile and hoisted up my limbs to get my ipod inside my bag. Once I plugged my ear buds, I prepped myself for escaping. Closing my eyes, I’m on my journey inside of me. It’s been a while since I’ve had a heart-to-heart talk with my heart.

 

A beat was dropped followed by another, my ears picked up the melody and recognized the song. I’m not sure if I’m singing loud along my lines all I can feel is that the song clearly says my heart’s content.

 

---

BOM

Entering the practice room, Dara’s voice filled in my ears. She’s singing If I Were You while her eyes closed. It’s rare to see Dara shutting herself into her own world inside the company. Typically she would be our vitamin, creating the mood for our group...for all of us. I felt a prick in my heart as she go on with the lyrics.

 

 Oneuldo ireoke haruga jinagane

Onjongil na neomaneul wihae bonaenneunde


 Nega gajang johahaneun oseul kkeonae ipgo
Geoure bichin gajang areumdawoya hal nae moseubeun
Chorahageman boyeo
Nunchi eomneun bam haneureun neomu areumdawo

 Nega naro sara bwasseumyeon hae
Naega neoro sara bwasseumyeon hae
Dan harurado neukkyeo bwasseumyeon hae
Neoui maeum naui maeum

 Naega neoreul saranghaesseumyeon hae
Nega nareul saranghaesseumyeon hae
Dan harurado hamkke haesseumyeon hae
Neol huhoe eobsi bonaejul su itge

 

Indeed her voice isn’t powerful like us; me, Chaerin and Minzy but the way she sings the song now, It’s like she’s pouring her heart out. Her soft voice diffuse on a velvet like texture. This is not the first time I’ve seen her so down, but this is the first time she voiced out her soul. 

 

I froze on my place when she stopped singing. I don’t want her to feel my presence for this is her moment. I could see CL and Minzy rooted on their spot as they watch her; they too wants to have Dara her time. We are all aware of her situation right now, more of her feelings. It’s been years and I could say she still loves him...she is still loving him. Her love for him never waver. 

 

Just then she chuckled and started to sing a new song. I, myself cracked a smile upon recognizing the song. The maknaes tip-toed their way and sat beside me; watching our vitamin having her own concert.

 

Na neol johahae kkwae oraedwaesseo
Harujongil ni saenggageul hae
Gireul geotdaga eumageul deutdaga
Gapjagi neon nae nun ape natana

Nae maeumi mandeun dan hanaui yeonghwa
Ojik neomani chullyeonhaneun teukbyeolhan
Jakpumui jemogeun jjaksarang
Geurigo nan dan hanaui gwangaek

Modu nal wirohae giunnae
Geureon mal jiruhae nan seulpeun ge anijanha
Geuga yeongwonhi

Nae mam mollado dwae geujeo nune boineun gose
Neul geuraetdeut maeryeokjeogin nunbit momjit malturo
Jonjaehamyeon dwae nan geugeomyeon dwae

 

Chaerin and Minzy casted a knowing glance at me. Indeed, her feelings started from having a crush and now she’s having a one-sided love affair. If only that stupid man accepts and recognizes her feelings well. Things won’t be this bad.

 

Gadeuk chan gibun niga molgo on
Ganjilgeorineun barameseon
Joheun naemsaega na idaero joha
Nae misoreul geuryeonaeneun saram

Modu nal eungwonhae yongginae
Ijen dagagal charyeramyeo nal tteomine
Geureon gominbodan jigeumeul jeulgigo sipeunde
Sumgyeodun gobaegeul tago nan jeo haneul wiro woo

Nae mam mollado dwae nae nun ape
(Geujeo nune boineun gose neul geuraetdeut maeryeokjeogin)
Nunbit momjit malturo
Jonjaehamyeon dwae nan chungbunhae

Geujeo nune boineun gose
Neul geuraetdeut maeryeokjeogin nunbit momjit malturo
Jonjaehamyeon dwae nan geugeomyeon dwae

  

After a few moments, silence engulfed the room that’s when Chaerin stood up and went beside Dara. The former acted like we have just entered the room and pulled Dara to sit. Minzy and I joined in the two with our foods.

 

“Whaaa~! Ramyun~!!! It’s been a while since I haven’t eaten this! Thank you for the food!!!!”Dara quickly said before divulging her precious ramen. We were switched to silent mode as eat our foods.

 

 

DARA

 

“You know what, I miss something.”I broke the silence enveloping us.

The girls didn’t answer but gave me a questioning glance. 

 

Jumping on my feet, I went to the music player switched it on and looked for some songs. I grabbed our microphones and tossed it to the girls. I pressed play and run towards them. 

 

I know they recognized the song in a few beats, of course this is our song. I saw CL-roo broke into a smile and nodded with Bom and Minzy.

 

Minzy started to sing while staring at me. Yes, I’m sharing what my heart is contemplating. Maybe this one sided love should end. I’m singing a break-up to my one sided love.

 

The chorus tugs my heart... Yes this will be painful but I have to let this go. Love is ouch and comes with pain... really but this will be a new start. 

 

--

 

UNKNOWN

I’m hanging out on Sajangnim’s office, particularly in front of the large screen where 2ne1’s practice room is being shown. I saw her putting her ear buds on, something inside me is telling me that I must stay watching her. She sang If I Were You, she might now have the strong vocals but her soft voice definitely went straight to my heart. She stopped mid-way and changed to another song. I could see that the 2ne1 girls are also watching her. Again she started singing, this time it’s Lee Hi’s. I’m clearly aware of her feelings... Don’t get me wrong but I think her feelings are way too much. She’s way too good on for that bastard. Just then, a warm sensation crawled inside me. Hearing those words “He doesn’t have to know my heart. I just need him to be where I can see him. Just as always, with those charming eyes, gestures, words. He just needs to exist, that’s all I need”a pang of guilt trembled on my whole system.  I didn’t notice I’m  shedding some tears.

 

I was about to switch into a different frame when I saw her pass some microphones to her members. My heart pounded so fast when I heard the first few beats. I know the song because I’m hanging around Kush inside  the studio when Teddy hyung was writing it. 

 

It feels like a bucket of cold water was thrown to me. Clenching my jaw, I eyed her expression. It was like she’s saying she’ll stop being that way. I badly need to get out of this place, I don’t want to hear it but it seems like I’m rooted on this spot. 

 

Unknowingly, I’m chanting the words...

 

“please...no... Please don’t go.”