The Legend of Lunam

Ignis et Lunam (Fire & Moon)

Legend says that Earth once had two Human species. One born from the Earth and one from the Moon. The ones born from Earth are Humans and ones born from the Moon are Lunams. Lunams have superhuman powers drawn from the Moon. Humans abused the Lunams' powers and caused great pain to the Lunam race. Lunams left Earth but remnants of their power remain in the rocks, soil and minerals of the planet giving power to those that know how to control them. Humans that find these traces are a threat to the peace of Lunams. To save the Lunam race, they send out their own agents to destroy traces and eliminate all threats. Disobedience to the Lunam mission can mean destruction of peace. And the destruction of peace can mean the end of our species forever.

A young Lunam raises his hand as the teacher pauses from her tale-telling. She closes the thick book and smiles at the young one whose face is full of curiosity.

"Yes, Sehun?"

"Ma'am, are all Humans evil?"

All the children ooh-ed and looked back at the teacher. She is stunned for a moment but comes back to her senses. This is the universal answer to any question about humans.

"Yes, they are. All Humans are evil. Some of you will grow up to be our agents, our heroes that travel to Earth to contain our power and make sure Humans never take hold of it. Always remember...never trust a Human. Does this answer your question, Sehun?"

"Yes, ma'am."

The teacher smiles and returns to her reading of tales and legends. But the young Sehun is not satisfied. If all Humans are evil then he must meet one. He has never met one. He will only be satisfied if the legend is true. Sehun will make sure he will get to meet a Human one day.

 

TO BE CONTINUED